PDA

View Full Version : average cost of tuning SAFC-II + couple other ?s

Vanilla Sky
01-24-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm curious, what have others here paid for a SAFC-II tune. Also, how exactly would one go about tuning a SAFC?

I'm such a newb, thanks in advance to anyone who can throw some info out here for me. 8)

Also, by the time I have mine tuned I'll have the following mods installed:

HKS RS intake
Hallman Pro MBC
Walbro 255 pump
(possibly new clutch, not OEM)
weapon R damper kit

Any guestimates on HP gains with said mods? I'll be adding a 3" TB exhaust w/hfc as soon as I save up the cash...

MYFIRSTEVO
01-24-2005, 08:59 PM
it varies with different cars. Take it to Tuning Technologies in Colton, CA
Their number is 909-783-1200, talk to Alfred or Chris and they'll take care of you! :D

with those mods, you'll probably hit 255-260whp. w/ the catback. W/turbo back you should be around 265-270whp. (est) Again, talk to TT, and you'll be happy.

Make sure you call first, seeing that your from N. Hollywood. They tend to get very busy.

Tarmac02
01-24-2005, 09:21 PM
add some injectors before your tuning and you could net a much better gain

Vanilla Sky
01-24-2005, 10:10 PM
injectors eh? from what i've read, when combined, the mods i have listed are exceptional for daily driving, results, and reliability. to be honest, i havent researched injectors at all... maybe ill check em out.

right now i have no real HP or TQ goals, i'd just like to spice the performance up a bit for spirited street/canyon use. 8)

thanks for the info guys

WavMixer
01-25-2005, 12:51 AM
injectors eh? from what i've read, when combined, the mods i have listed are exceptional for daily driving, results, and reliability. to be honest, i havent researched injectors at all... maybe ill check em out.

right now i have no real HP or TQ goals, i'd just like to spice the performance up a bit for spirited street/canyon use. 8)

thanks for the info guys

Umm, you might want to take a step back, do a bit more research and then start making some decessions as to what to get, in which order. If you plan on changing out to the Walpro fuel pump, but if you haven't heard of injectors, maybe there are a few more things you'll want to learn before you start investing your time and money. I'm new here, but I have found a wealth of information. We are lucky to have a few well versed 4G63 gurus that are willing to share their knowledge. I've taken some advise from the old school pros here, and my car is one hell of a lot of fun in the canyons.

Vanilla Sky
01-25-2005, 01:50 AM
thanks, i appreciate it

for sure - the wealth of info here is amazing, the thing is... ive seen plenty of guys with a pump & no injectors with bolt ons who have had plenty of success. but like i said more research should be done =)

there's so many options, so many mods... and SO many opinions

Knower
01-25-2005, 03:26 AM
thanks, i appreciate it

for sure - the wealth of info here is amazing, the thing is... ive seen plenty of guys with a pump & no injectors with bolt ons who have had plenty of success. but like i said more research should be done =)

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. There are only a few well informed opinions on this board. You should be able to talk to them and figure out your mod upgrade path.

WavMixer
01-25-2005, 10:43 AM
thanks, i appreciate it

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. There are only a few well informed opinions on this board. You should be able to talk to them and figure out your mod upgrade path.So true it hurts!

EVOate909
01-25-2005, 12:51 PM
if u need an O2 housing contact me...i have one more

TT is defenitely a good place to tune... 8)

Vanilla Sky
01-25-2005, 01:17 PM
thanks guys. Can anyone vouch for RRE? they're a bit closer to me and from what i've read they offer good tuning and are definitely experienced...

unless theres an enormous difference in the quality of work between TT and RRE, i feel like RRE would be the better choice just because they are closer and it would be WAY more convenient for future work and tuning.

again, im sure it just comed down to personal opinion.

8)

trannb
01-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Can anyone vouch for RRE?

Never heard of em...

Except for those things in my signature. And the whole thread on the guy being mad at them, then being very happy with them. And that other guy. And a few others. And IRC.

GokuSSJ4
01-25-2005, 01:56 PM
i though RRE was an on line store only :P

if you have the chance and opportunity go with RRE , also for installation and appointments email [email protected]
for tuning you can email [email protected]
parts [email protected]
or you can give them a call 562-777-1522

WavMixer
01-25-2005, 02:03 PM
I've never dealt with TT, but I have been doing business with RRE for almost 5 years. They do no advertisement, it's all word of mouth. They make serious race cars and know the 4G63 better than Mitsu! Mitsu gave them an Evo to tweak as well as a lancer http://features.evolutionm.net/article/evomfeatures/47. So if mitsu trusts RRE's judgment, you know they know thier shit.

This is not the kind of shop where you walk into a fancy showroom, point to some bling bling parts and expect to get your parts installed while you wait. This is a professional race shop that requires you to make an appointment, but once your car is in the shop, you get their undivided attention to detail. Their prices are better than most advertised prices you will find, and they won't sell you something that you don't need just so they can make a buck. If you come in asking for mods that won't work together, they will set you straight. I'm working with Scot Gray and Mike Welch from RRE for the upgrade path on my car, for the purpose I want to use it for. Upgrades paths can vary greatly depending on what you want to do with your ride. There is no such thing as a one upgrade fits all. Sure there are common denominators, but if you want a car tuned to fit your needs, RRE is the place to go.

Vanilla Sky
01-25-2005, 02:13 PM
i guess that settles that... I emailed Tony @ RRE for some info on installations / tuning costs. You guys been a great help, mucho thanks.

beavis4g63t
01-25-2005, 03:25 PM
rre has the experience to set your car up properly. listen to their advice and you should have some fun with your car for a long time.

Knower
01-25-2005, 07:02 PM
I've never dealt with TT, but I have been doing business with RRE for almost 5 years. They do no advertisement, it's all word of mouth. They make serious race cars and know the 4G63 better than Mitsu! Mitsu gave them an Evo to tweak as well as a lancer http://features.evolutionm.net/article/evomfeatures/47. So if mitsu trusts RRE's judgment, you know they know thier shit.

This is not the kind of shop where you walk into a fancy showroom, point to some bling bling parts and expect to get your parts installed while you wait. This is a professional race shop that requires you to make an appointment, but once your car is in the shop, you get their undivided attention to detail. Their prices are better than most advertised prices you will find, and they won't sell you something that you don't need just so they can make a buck. If you come in asking for mods that won't work together, they will set you straight. I'm working with Scot Gray and Mike Welch from RRE for the upgrade path on my car, for the purpose I want to use it for. Upgrades paths can vary greatly depending on what you want to do with your ride. There is no such thing as a one upgrade fits all. Sure there are common denominators, but if you want a car tuned to fit your needs, RRE is the place to go.

That's a really good summary of RRE. From what I understand, if you really want your car on a dyno, Tuning Technologies is one of the places that RRE will reserve dyno time at.

toku-one
01-25-2005, 07:15 PM
its all about dr gray stage one

GokuSSJ4
01-25-2005, 09:08 PM
its all about dr gray stage one
make that Dr. Gray stage 1++ :P