PDA

View Full Version : Defi HUD VSD

evotistic
01-26-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm getting ready to install my HUD, and looking at the instructions, it seems pretty straight forward(I don't have any of the link meters or control unit yet).

My question is regarding the install of the dc(power)wires. One wire requires tapping into a 12v wire while the ignition is on, one is a ground, and one is the 12v battery wire. Anybody know what wires I can tap into? I have a decent working knowledge of wiring, but I am retarded when it comes to the use of a circuit tester.

I already have my edfc and turbo timer hooked up, which I did myself, so this shouldn't be much different. Any ideas/pointers and direction as to which wires to tap would be great.

Thanks....B

gofaster87
01-26-2005, 12:48 AM
Most people dont like tapping into these wires but the best ones are in the loom coming from your steering column. Constant power is white wire and 12v ignition is black/white.

I'm getting ready to install my HUD, and looking at the instructions, it seems pretty straight forward(I don't have any of the link meters or control unit yet).

My question is regarding the install of the dc(power)wires. One wire requires tapping into a 12v wire while the ignition is on, one is a ground, and one is the 12v battery wire. Anybody know what wires I can tap into? I have a decent working knowledge of wiring, but I am retarded when it comes to the use of a circuit tester.

I already have my edfc and turbo timer hooked up, which I did myself, so this shouldn't be much different. Any ideas/pointers and direction as to which wires to tap would be great.

Thanks....B

evotistic
01-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Is that the loom coming from the left side of the column? Same location as a turbo timer harness?

gofaster87
01-26-2005, 01:01 AM
It comes straight off of the column. Its wrapped in tape so you have to peel some of it off to get to the wires. If you have a hard time getting to them you can just get power from the fuse box. You should always check your wires with a testor before tapping them just to double check.

evotistic
01-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the help, I wired the dc power tonight, and tomorrow I'm gonna wire the ECU harness, and mount the actual unit to the dash and the windshield. I really appreciate the help, it made the install easier.