PDA

View Full Version : will lowering springs for gsr fit MR's bilsten??

mybada
01-26-2005, 01:22 PM
anyone tried lowering their MRs yet?? :?:

Macky
01-26-2005, 01:45 PM
donatevo lowered his MR, ask him 8)

donatevo
01-26-2005, 02:29 PM
anyone tried lowering their MRs yet?? :?:Yup! I installed an eibach pro-kit on my MR. You can use any '03-'04 Evo 8 springs on the MR. If you're local, i would be happy to show it to you. Thanks for the mention Macky :D

hksevo8
01-26-2005, 03:31 PM
sell the bilstiens and buy some coilovers. by mismatching the bilstiens with a set of eibach/tein springs, you will only hamper the performance of the setup from the factory. you will end up waring out the struts sooner by installing springs anyway and will need to buy new ones a lot sooner. Cheaper in the beginning but a lot more expensive in the end.

Macky
01-26-2005, 03:37 PM
anyone tried lowering their MRs yet?? :?:Yup! I installed an eibach pro-kit on my MR. You can use any '03-'04 Evo 8 springs on the MR. If you're local, i would be happy to show it to you. Thanks for the mention Macky :D

no problem 8)

drmosh
01-26-2005, 07:26 PM
You'll probably shorten the life of the Bilsteins too... or even get a blowout...

Chris in SD
01-26-2005, 08:00 PM
These people don't deserve Bilsteins... Give them some APC coilovers that look real nice lowered. They won't know the difference. :evil:

mybada
01-26-2005, 08:11 PM

I love to see!! I'm in fullerton area, you?

kimletrim
01-26-2005, 08:35 PM
On a related note, are the springs on the stock MR the same as the springs on the regular VIII? If memory serves me right, all my reading seems to point that only the shocks and struts were different but there was no mention of the springs being different. Can anyone chime in on this?

kimletrim
01-26-2005, 10:18 PM
It appears that WORKS might have some interesting info on this:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?threadid=119624

donatevo
01-27-2005, 01:05 AM

I love to see!! I'm in fullerton area, you?I'm from Carson. I do hang-out in super autobacs 2-3 times a week, we can meet there, let me know.

donatevo
01-27-2005, 01:07 AM
On a related note, are the springs on the stock MR the same as the springs on the regular VIII? If memory serves me right, all my reading seems to point that only the shocks and struts were different but there was no mention of the springs being different. Can anyone chime in on this?I think the MR and the VIII/RS springs have the same spring rate, got this from an article in car & driver.

donatevo
01-27-2005, 01:09 AM
You'll probably shorten the life of the Bilsteins too... or even get a blowout...Thanks for the concern, I'll take note of that.

donatevo
01-27-2005, 01:11 AM
These people don't deserve Bilsteins... Give them some APC coilovers that look real nice lowered. They won't know the difference. :evil:Sorry to offend you but APC coilovers are for Honda's and Acura's, not for an Evo.

alex_alex
01-27-2005, 01:27 AM
These people don't deserve Bilsteins... Give them some APC coilovers that look real nice lowered. They won't know the difference. :evil:Sorry to offend you but APC coilovers are for Honda's and Acura's, not for an Evo.

Wow. Can you say S to the Arcasm? Does someone no comprehendo?

Chris in SD
01-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Only the very swift (or very "lagggy" in this case) can catch the sarcasm. Now go put your neon windshield washers back on... :roll:

lagggyevo
01-27-2005, 05:21 PM
I think that's me again, I already did put my neon twin jet windshield washers on!

Chris in SD
01-27-2005, 05:22 PM
For those that can't read through the lines, lagggyevo = donatevo :idea:

kipper215
01-27-2005, 05:44 PM
lowering the car ruins the ride. and it sounds so 80's like the mini truck days. chris is right...if you want to change the formula for great handling sell the bilstein setup and get mullerized. just my 2 cents.

mybada
01-28-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm dropping probably about 1" all around with about the same rated springs... This is mostly for the "LOOK" since I'm not doing any track racing. I DO drag but not very often plus I don't think that 1" will destroy handling of bilstein.

gofaster87
01-28-2005, 12:06 PM
You should be okay with a 1 inch drop. Any more might compromise the shocks. Dont listen to all these F1 track stars, if you want to lower it more for looks, more power to you. Its amazing how everyone on this site is a race car driver and everyone else is considered lame.

PK@WORKS
01-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Our WORKS MR Ride Springs will be lowering the MR approx. 7/8"-1" both front and rear to maintain the rake and preserve the handling.

That's if we decide to do it considering the low volumes of MRs. But we are getting some interest so it's looking good.

Some more people signed up today so it's looking better.

kipper215
01-28-2005, 12:49 PM
You should be okay with a 1 inch drop. Any more might compromise the shocks. Dont listen to all these F1 track stars, if you want to lower it more for looks, more power to you. Its amazing how everyone on this site is a race car driver and everyone else is considered lame.

first of all, i never consider anyone on this site as lame. the reason i suggested muller was because of his ability to customize a suspenion exactly to what the customer wants. also i am not a track person never been there. i just know people that have lowered their evo and had complaints. for the person lowering there car...go ahead and go the cheap route you might like it. to eash is own.

gofaster87
01-28-2005, 01:04 PM
If the guy goes to Mueller and tells him he wants to be lower just to look good(as the author mentioned) hell get laughed out of the shop.

first of all, i never consider anyone on this site as lame. the reason i suggested muller was because of his ability to customize a suspenion exactly to what the customer wants. also i am not a track person never been there. i just know people that have lowered their evo and had complaints. for the person lowering there car...go ahead and go the cheap route you might like it. to eash is own.

Miss Evo8
02-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Who pissed in your cereal today!!! Why are you guys all mad?? I just got here??

Miss Evo8
02-09-2005, 05:40 PM
If you go on RRE site they sell Eibach "lowering" springs???? Mullerized????