PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice. Going to Sue miller mitsu

Evo-8
01-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Long story short, those guys fucked my car due to lazyness/negligence many times. The last time i took my car there so that they can give me their opinion on the noise i was hearing i left the car there for a week. I went and picked it up at night and took it home. I parked it in my driveway cuz i didnt want to drive it till i fixed it. When i got the parts i needed to fix it i went and noticed the rear right wheel was completely curbed to hell. There was still red paint from the curb on the wheel. I also noticed that section of the rear bumper had a huge red area where the rear bumper was also smashed into the curb. I told the service director at miller "Harlan Katz" about it and he said he wasnt gonna fix it and its on me. This is total BS. I'm in the process of filing a lawsuit against them as well as informing mitsu corperate and the Better Business Bereau "BBB"

Anyone have any advice?

This is the same dealership that didnt tighten the bolt that held the controll arm in place which then cracked and the car collapsed on the right front wheel. The front right fender had to be repainted and fixed along with the side skirt and front bumper needed fixing.
They also did not replace the washers on the bolts for the tranny/t-case/diff fluids and used 1 used and damaged washer on the t-case.

DTunedEvoX
01-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Ouch so sorry to hear all of that bro .... :? I'll be subscribing to this thread ...

CT9A RS
01-26-2005, 06:13 PM
damn bro best of luck. I hate it when those fukers think they can get away with shit.

kimletrim
01-26-2005, 06:15 PM
I can understand your frustration as I have had my car serviced at Miller plenty of time (not the EVO). It sounds to me that you will file a small claims action (under ($5000), but good luck proving all of the above.

moogle
01-26-2005, 06:30 PM
if u went there once and u had a bad experience why did you go back again?

subgraphic
01-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Aint karma a bitch?

EvoRution
01-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Karma? wouldn't that be if he screwed them in the first place?

I'm sorry for what happened to your car, but

a. it sounds like you're having extremely bad luck with this car (what with miller and dyno flush and all)

b. thanks for pointing these things out, as I'm taking my car to HB instead of miller (even if it means driving 50 miles) .. no gaurantee it will be fixed right though - to date I have never trusted ANY dealer for ANY car I've owned.

Aint karma a bitch?

moogle
01-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Karma? wouldn't that be if he screwed them in the first place?

I'm sorry for what happened to your car, but

a. it sounds like you're having extremely bad luck with this car (what with miller and dyno flush and all)

b. thanks for pointing these things out, as I'm taking my car to HB instead of miller (even if it means driving 50 miles) .. no gaurantee it will be fixed right though - to date I have never trusted ANY dealer for ANY car I've owned.

Aint karma a bitch?

There is no other service better than HB mitsu in southern california.

jondukes
01-26-2005, 08:02 PM
abtin im very sorry for the drama your having and wish you the best of luck,but is there any way to prove your damage was caused by them? i ask because it would just be a your word against theres kind of situation,you would add to there negative feedback and alert the BBB to there activities but i dont know if you would have a winning case

and lawyer fees would definently add up on your end compared to them probably having a specific budget set aside for these scenarios(unless you have a lawyer friend ,no lawyer would take this case on contingency,due to the fact that damages awarded would be small claims)

touch-up paint and the knowledge that they are shady would probably be the better route to pursue

also the fact that your alerting other members is a good way to hurt there evo-business

i agree lso that this is kind of a run of bad luck situation with all the problems ,your insurance issues and all GOOD LUCK keep us posted

IS2000
01-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Don't get your car serviced at Miller. I live close to Miller, but I had my EVO serviced by HB Mitsu.

Macky
01-26-2005, 09:26 PM
this is one reason why i only bring both cars to HB Mitsu

Evo-8
01-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Aint karma a bitch?

???

I partially blame myself for this one because i let them get away with screwing up my car the first time. The service director most definitely views me as some kid whos dad bought him the car and hes sick of seeing me in there. Maybe If they would fix it properly the first time i wouldnt have to take it back 3 times for every time they do work on the car. Even if he knew i bought it myself since im 20 he probably still would try and step on me. In the end it is a shady place and it's gonna go down, ill see to it that it does.

subgraphic
01-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Just needling ya man...
I'd be seriously pissed to.

Good luck....

Aint karma a bitch?

???

I partially blame myself for this one because i let them get away with screwing up my car the first time. The service director most definitely views me as some kid whos dad bought him the car and hes sick of seeing me in there. Maybe If they would fix it properly the first time i wouldnt have to take it back 3 times for every time they do work on the car. Even if he knew i bought it myself since im 20 he probably still would try and step on me. In the end it is a shady place and it's gonna go down, ill see to it that it does.

WavMixer
01-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Make sure you document everything!!! Save copies of service invoices with dates but most of all, take your car to a reputable dealer like HB and have them look at it. I live in Palmdale, but my car will only be serviced at HB.

tlcrox
01-27-2005, 06:53 PM
You might want to go a little higher than the service manager to try to get some thing resolved before you start spending money on a lawyer. Call Doug Stewart or Dave Hutton at the Miller Group corporate office. I don't have the number off hand, but it is the same as Miller Nissan. If neither one of them can help, then try the legal route.

Good Luck

Jakeg97
01-27-2005, 07:26 PM
hope you win

Evo-8
01-28-2005, 12:39 PM
You might want to go a little higher than the service manager to try to get some thing resolved before you start spending money on a lawyer. Call Doug Stewart or Dave Hutton at the Miller Group corporate office. I don't have the number off hand, but it is the same as Miller Nissan. If neither one of them can help, then try the legal route.

Good Luck

Thats some good advice thanks. I'll be getting an estimate for the repairs today and i have all my documentation ready for court.I'll give miller corperate a call and see if they want to save themselves some money.

romerico arceo
02-04-2005, 11:39 PM
give them a lecture man when i got my evo after 300 miles airconditioning auxilliary fan got loose hit the condencer and in short they dont want to fix it i spend like 900 to fix the car katz is an a**h*** and he want to red flag my car cause i have an intake(hks)bov &intercooler since then i sacrifice a bit i allways go to hb mitsu

Coolguy949
02-08-2005, 04:08 AM

Good Luck

Dave Hutton is a very tough guy to deal with, just ask Pangaroo who had a problem with them a while ago. So did I. My black Evo was purchased there and came covered in some sort of paint overspray.

KRS333
02-08-2005, 01:01 PM
That bites bro... Do you think it would be worth taking them to court with fees & all? Whatever you do good luck bro...