01-28-2005, 01:45 PM
yes..

i fixed it..sum of the wiring was loose on my harness :lol:

toku-one
01-28-2005, 01:47 PM
yeah, the maf signal sensor wire is what usually causes that problem

gofaster87
01-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Hmm Todd didnt you get that code for no reason at one time. Plugged everything back in and it was gone.

GokuSSJ4
01-28-2005, 02:12 PM
i believe the problem with his was the settings, or maybe he had a loose connection some where.

toku-one
01-28-2005, 03:26 PM
my problem was the setting (or lack there of since they didnt save)

but having bad settings was like not having the safc at all, and that p0102 code would happen from the maf signal wire being cut.

ultraflip
04-03-2006, 01:21 PM
bumping this old thread up...

i am currently in possession of a boomslang harness (pre-wired for safc) and when plugged into an associate's Evo, the evo throws the p0102 code... not really sure on how to proceed here... any input on this would be appreciated

Blaze
04-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Hmm Todd didnt you get that code for no reason at one time. Plugged everything back in and it was gone.

That may just be the contact points on one of the plugs.
If it were to get fouled or whatever, you may transmit a weak signal.

ultraflip
04-03-2006, 01:48 PM
contacts still look good on the car...

the_lude
06-11-2009, 05:06 AM
BUMP

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted on here. With the problem I'm currently facing with my EVO. I figured this would be the best place to start/go.

I had my EVO stored for about 5-6 months, pulled the battery,drained the fluids.

I decided to get it back on the road, so I added new fluids, bought a new battery. It started up just nicely. I took a car around the block, then my CEL came on. I noticed the it started to hesitate below 1000RPMs. I drove back home and pulled the code. p0102.

I've read around on some other postings and tried a couple of things.

I cleaned the MAF, just to rule that out (plus it hasn't been done in a while).

I do have a SAFC2, but my wiring isn't loose at least from what I can see.
I pulled it off and cleared the code to see if that would help, but I'm still getting the same code with the SAFC2 off.

Do you guys have any other ideas what's going on with me car?

any responses would be greatly appreciated.

toku-one
06-11-2009, 11:21 AM
did you have a field harness or was it just wired into the original wires off the ecu?

mine was on a field harness, so even when i removed the safc from that harness, the wiring for the maf was still the issue, so once i took of the field harness and just plugged the original wires back into the ecu (as it was stock) it was all good.

however, there was a setting for maf on the afc (and maybe the battery died in it and didnt save it)
i dont remember what it is supposed to be set at, cause its been a rather long time, but that was my original issue... cause it was set wrong.
but unplugging the afc and still having the field harness on gave me the same issue.

hope that helps. wish i could help more but that was 4 years and two cars ago, so its all a little foggy.

the_lude
06-11-2009, 04:24 PM
It's wired into the original harness. I just checked on that right now. It was installed by RRE.

The battery was removed when I stored the car, so I'm wondering if any of my settings on the SAF2 were erased.

I didn't see anything on the SAFC for the MAF? Am I missing something? It's been a while since I've had to play with that. ha.

I'm still open to any suggestions you guys may have.

I checked for any vacuum leaks. I didn't see any.

All hoses and piping are attached correctly.

264/272 cams
720cc injectors
dejon MBC
SAFC
DP
EX
Intake
walboro fuel pump

that's my current set up if that helps anyone.

toku-one
06-11-2009, 06:34 PM
check
etc menu>sensor type>karman

looking around on the net, im 99% sure thats what my issue was.

if thats set as karman. and the wiring looks good. then i dunno... but i hope this is it.

the_lude
06-14-2009, 02:23 AM
just an update.

it the wrong sensor was selected. I know I selected karman, but I might have accidentally selected something else. I selected it again, this time..very carefully. everything is fine.

thanks for the help.

now I just need to get my car re-tuned and pick up a /f meter.

toku-one
06-14-2009, 02:36 AM
good to hear, glad it all worked out.