PDA

View Full Version : a few goodies installed: pix

Vanilla Sky
01-29-2005, 01:12 PM
I had some time to sit down and research how to install these parts, and finally got the courage to take my car apart! I know I know, installing these things is WEAK SAUCE, but I'm a newb and I'm proud of the work 8)

check it out:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=55218&stc=1
http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=55224
http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=55219&stc=1
http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=55223

the HKS RS intake is friggin LOUD! when you're on the gas it doesnt take long to hear the air being sucked into it. and since there's pretty much a gap of space from that part of the engine bay right to the driver door behind the fender the sound is really concentrated. let off the gas and whoooshh, kinda cool =) who needs an aftermarket BOV for the sound when u got an intake?

the hallman pro was fun to install, since it was pretty simple once i got to know my way around after putting the intake in ... this thing seriously PEGS at whatever setting you waint. i got it at 1.3 bar right now (19ish psi)

the weapon R was a nice little add on, a lot less engine vibration and an all around smoother feel. looks nice, i think.

waldo is my little engine cleanup slave... he's in there all the time swabbing the decks, keepin it real. :lol:

Macky
01-29-2005, 01:21 PM
looks nice man 8)

rammsteinmatt
01-29-2005, 01:51 PM
the waldo is a nice touch man

Vanilla Sky
01-29-2005, 01:56 PM
thanks guys

QuickShifter
01-29-2005, 02:19 PM
does your weapon R shock absorber or whatever make any noise?????

ive heard the washers start to rattle......just curious

Vanilla Sky
01-29-2005, 02:36 PM
if it does, i cant hear it... or it hasnt started makin sound yet

alex_alex
01-29-2005, 03:00 PM
is your weapon r thing the new one with plates for both sides? where did you pick it up from?

Vanilla Sky
01-29-2005, 03:34 PM
got it off of a member here.. one plate. its only a couple mm difference, the height difference seems insignificant.

CT9A RS
01-29-2005, 05:57 PM
the engine damper looks pretty good. Im gonna look into that.

BMan
01-29-2005, 06:25 PM
When I installed my W-R damper, I wasn't real happy about the AC hose being so close to things. I found that if you flip the clamp and move it to the outboard hole, there is plenty of clearance. I noticed in the instruction sheet that the car didn't have AC.
I really like the change that it made.

hksevo8
01-29-2005, 06:46 PM
nice choice of intake. let us know how well the weapon r performs in the coming weeks. I am interested in buying one but am skeptical of the location point on the timing belt cover

DTunedEvoX
01-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Lookin good man, lookin good ..

kipper215
01-29-2005, 08:45 PM
looks really good. looks really clean. glad to see you explore further into the power of the evo. :D

j_nizzle
01-29-2005, 10:42 PM
nice.

wilson1
01-30-2005, 12:51 AM
very nice!

EVOate909
01-30-2005, 12:53 AM
nice pics..

1.3 bar :roll: .... :lol:

Vanilla Sky
01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
nice pics..

1.3 bar :roll: .... :lol:

i know i knowwww.... but not everybody can be the mack daddy of boost like yourself :) guys like me make you look like a total bad ass!

there's a chance i might invest in a MR BOV, maybe then i'll bump it up a bit

thanks guys for the comments

Vanilla Sky
01-30-2005, 03:17 AM
looks really good. looks really clean. glad to see you explore further into the power of the evo. :D

man ever since the night at bob's big boy my car has felt SO slow... not anymore =) and i'm still workin on it. i'm making an appointment for a SAFC-II tune at RRE soon ! next on the list is a TB exhaust, muhahahhaaaaaaaaaa

(i've been bitten by the bug, if you havent noticed...)

Boosted
01-30-2005, 03:19 AM
how do you like the weapon R damper

Vanilla Sky
01-30-2005, 03:23 AM

it's nice... i could definitely notice a change at idle, and while shifting. the car feels smoother all over the board. when the car shuts off the engine doesnt rock all over the place. dresses up the engine a bit. overall it's a nice piece. i got it because it's been getting positive reviews on evom.net. so i gave it a shot, no regrets

When I installed my W-R damper, I wasn't real happy about the AC hose being so close to things. I found that if you flip the clamp and move it to the outboard hole, there is plenty of clearance. I noticed in the instruction sheet that the car didn't have AC.

do what now? could u maybe post a pic of where these changes can be made.. and what to do.. id appreciate it 8)

CT9A RS
01-30-2005, 03:56 AM
I know the owner of Weapon R maybe i can get one for free.

Boosted
01-30-2005, 03:58 AM

me too me too tell him I have the catch can and love itttt :D

rino
01-30-2005, 05:56 AM
so when are you going to come out to the meets and show your stuff off?

EvolveMR
01-30-2005, 06:16 AM
nice stuff there!

got a question for you about your RS intake. did yours fully clear the chassis on the drivers side? maybe im just unskilled but it seems like mine barely fits in there. no room for the brace to support it, just sits on top of the support where the airbox bracket used to be. makes me wonder if over time the filter cage will vibrate and wear down.

BMan
01-30-2005, 03:32 PM
nice choice of intake. let us know how well the weapon r performs in the coming weeks. I am interested in buying one but am skeptical of the location point on the timing belt cover

It's not bolted to timing cover. It bolts to the motor mount in front of the cover.

BMan
01-30-2005, 03:42 PM

it's nice... i could definitely notice a change at idle, and while shifting. the car feels smoother all over the board. when the car shuts off the engine doesnt rock all over the place. dresses up the engine a bit. overall it's a nice piece. i got it because it's been getting positive reviews on evom.net. so i gave it a shot, no regrets

do what now? could u maybe post a pic of where these changes can be made.. and what to do.. id appreciate it 8)

I'll get a pic in a couple days and post it for you. It is real simple though. The clamp that bolts to your spring tower and wraps around the tubing with the rubber between needs to be unbolted, removed, and replaced with the straight tab on top. When re-installing it, move it to the hole that is about 1" toward the fender. Doing this will lower the tube 1" (away from the attachment point on the spring tower) and outward 1" (the hose will clear the motor mount by 3/4") into a much safer place.

Vanilla Sky
01-30-2005, 06:39 PM
nice stuff there!

got a question for you about your RS intake. did yours fully clear the chassis on the drivers side? maybe im just unskilled but it seems like mine barely fits in there. no room for the brace to support it, just sits on top of the support where the airbox bracket used to be. makes me wonder if over time the filter cage will vibrate and wear down.

seems fine, the bracket that the filter comes with fits nicely over the wastegate actuator bracket. holds the RS nice and sturdyin there. it is tight where the black intercooler spray reservoir thing is though. it touches the mesh of the filter.

Vanilla Sky
01-30-2005, 06:41 PM
I'll get a pic in a couple days and post it for you. It is real simple though. The clamp that bolts to your spring tower and wraps around the tubing with the rubber between needs to be unbolted, removed, and replaced with the straight tab on top. When re-installing it, move it to the hole that is about 1" toward the fender. Doing this will lower the tube 1" (away from the attachment point on the spring tower) and outward 1" (the hose will clear the motor mount by 3/4") into a much safer place.

cool thanks, ill keep an eye out for the pic

Vanilla Sky
01-30-2005, 06:42 PM
so when are you going to come out to the meets and show your stuff off?

soon, i hope. this wed might work out for me 8)

BOVBILLY
01-30-2005, 06:43 PM

MAYBE YOU CAN GET US ALL OF ONE FOR FREE SERGE. I WILL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND

CT9A RS
01-30-2005, 07:13 PM

MAYBE YOU CAN GET US ALL OF ONE FOR FREE SERGE. I WILL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND

Lol apparently they are all sold out. LancerShop picked up a bunch Next batch isnt due for a couple months. My buddy whos runnin the prototype said he has an extra one so hopefully i will be gettin that one from him at D1.

Lol businesses rely on profit in order to stay in business so i dont think i can get everyone free ones. But maybe i can talk em into a group buy for socal evo owners on them or something. I saw the MSRP of it on their website at 200 dollars and lancer shop is selling at 174.95. I should be able to get it to everyone for less than that.

j_nizzle
01-30-2005, 10:28 PM
damn i was about to take a hint from billy and be your best friend too if i got one for free.

evolved
01-31-2005, 12:36 AM
looks good. had to go back and see waldo again.....
I seriously laughed until milk came out my nose

Vanilla Sky
01-31-2005, 05:16 PM

ahh found it, and did it.. thanks dude, it worked. very easy like you said

BMan
01-31-2005, 08:26 PM

ahh found it, and did it.. thanks dude, it worked. very easy like you said

For the rest. My Waldo froze his a$$ off.

http://members.tccoa.com/bman/images/shocking.jpg
http://members.tccoa.com/bman/images/muddy.jpg