PDA

View Full Version : SRS light....long...need help

EVO222
02-01-2005, 03:14 PM
I search on many forums from the east coast now to the west coast and not one person encountered the same problem I'm having. Here it goes, I have a local shop install a Greddy Profec Type S boost controller a month or so ago and it trigger the SRS light (airbag system) to go on. On top of this, whenever my car starts boosting (3000+rpm), a tapping/flickering noise comes on around the cluster/steering column area. A few people had the SRS light go on but no one had the tapping/flickering noise. They got it reset from the dealer but knowing my dealer, they will void my warranty. The local shop was unable to find/solve this problem, reseting the ecu by disconnecting the battery or using a diagnostic tool. The boost controller holds really well, no boost spikes. I've hit a wall and can't think of a solution. Perhaps someone here can give me some pointers on how to reset this light....Thanks.

toku-one
02-01-2005, 05:36 PM
i think the only way to clear the light is to have the dealer do it

and yes, they will void your warranty with a boost controller.
easiest thing to do is take it off (if you can yourself) have the light cleared, roll around a little to make sure the problem is gone, throw the boost controller back on and hope it doesnt happen again.
if it doesn, clear it again and maybe get a different boost controller.

Knower
02-01-2005, 05:37 PM
I search on many forums from the east coast now to the west coast and not one person encountered the same problem I'm having. Here it goes, I have a local shop install a Greddy Profec Type S boost controller a month or so ago and it trigger the SRS light (airbag system) to go on. On top of this, whenever my car starts boosting (3000+rpm), a tapping/flickering noise comes on around the cluster/steering column area. A few people had the SRS light go on but no one had the tapping/flickering noise. They got it reset from the dealer but knowing my dealer, they will void my warranty. The local shop was unable to find/solve this problem, reseting the ecu by disconnecting the battery or using a diagnostic tool. The boost controller holds really well, no boost spikes. I've hit a wall and can't think of a solution. Perhaps someone here can give me some pointers on how to reset this light....Thanks.

Maybe you should go back to the local shop and have them fix your boost controller install if the install caused the SRS light to come on?

fast evo
02-01-2005, 05:44 PM
It sounds like they need to change the power source for your boost controller.. The biggest problems these days are that vehicles use the same power wire to control multiple items and functions.. The airbag sensors are usually triggered by voltage differences and if the power or ignition wire for the controller is tapped into the same as the airbag then the light will come on and stay on even after it is reset...

EVO222
02-01-2005, 08:18 PM
I already have them fix the power wiring issue, now is running through the turbo timer. I'm thinking of removing the boost controller and bring it back to the dealer. I'm schedule to have my car flash, should I bring it to the dealer before or after the flash...Thanks for the advice guys!! :wink:

toku-one
02-01-2005, 08:21 PM
before is your safest bet

gofaster87
02-01-2005, 08:24 PM
....Oops double post.

gofaster87
02-01-2005, 08:25 PM
I tested one of the greddy type s boost controllers when they came out and I never had a problem with the airbag light. Ive found that the steering wheel loom is the best place to tap for power and 12v ignition for any electronic devices. This is true for most cars as these are some of the larger main power wires inside the cabin. Most often smaller random power wires are used and they cause shorts or failures.

sidewaysevo
02-01-2005, 08:55 PM
i didn't that on my buddys car. I popped a fuse, and i guess it triggered the srs light. Just take it to hb mitsu. They reseted my friends srs light for free.

Nebolic
02-01-2005, 10:20 PM
maybe your car is knocking? if you hear the tapping noise during boost. I heard the same noise from my car after it was flashed by a certain vendor.....

Nebo

ovenmit331
02-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Take out the boost controller and get the light reset. Then make sure thats all that was causing the problem. Then get the flash.

EVO222
02-02-2005, 12:44 PM
I will remove the boost controller and make an appointment with the dealer.....keep you guys posted...thanks

ovenmit331
02-02-2005, 12:45 PM
let us know how it goes, and if they give you any trouble....

EVO222
02-07-2005, 10:55 AM
hey guys, got a hook up with someone that works at a dealer to check out the problem this week. I'll keep you posted...

EVO222
02-10-2005, 05:56 PM
fixed the problem yesterday...when to a dealer and got the light reset...so relief now :wink: