PDA

View Full Version : Brembo Caliper Paint

kimletrim
02-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Hey, did a search on this and nothing came up.

For those of you that have paint chips on your brembos, you can use touch up paint from a red 2G Eclipse which matches perfectly with the color of the brembos. Paint code for Mitsu paint is AEC2P T1R01.

wsEVO562
02-01-2005, 06:22 PM
mines was chipping and bubbling, went to dealership and presto,
4 new calipers 8)

I guess some of the brembos have a bad finish and tend to chip and bubble so they are being covered under warranty...should look into it before you start paintn' away...just some info

kimletrim
02-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Damn, I was hoping to avoid putting a disclaimer of some sort, but it looks like I need to clarify.

Touch up paint would only make sense if you CHIPPED the paint, either though rocks, debris or through damage when changing your brakes. I would not recommend this for those who have defective paint, such as peeling or fading, where it should be covered under warranty.

Boosted
02-01-2005, 06:31 PM
4 new calipers 8)

I guess some of the brembos have a bad finish and tend to chip and bubble so they are being covered under warranty...should look into it before you start paintn' away...just some info

yea mine are beginning to bubble as well, how long did it take the dealer to get the new calipers?

gofaster87
02-01-2005, 06:33 PM
If you touch up the paint it wont last long. Regular automotive paint will not with stand the temps the calipers see. Most calipers are powder coated with a really tough finish.

alex_alex
02-01-2005, 10:28 PM
4 new calipers 8)

which dealership did you take it to?

BabyBlueDragon19
02-02-2005, 12:15 AM
for realz mine are nasty lookin what exactly did u tell the dealer? i would think they play kinda anal about stuff like that

Boosted
02-02-2005, 12:27 AM
yea thats my concern, with my luck they will say by having a turbo turbo timer there by allowing the hot engine gases to circulate around my brake calipers after the vehicle to stop caused the overheating and bubblinbg of the paint on my calipers there for voiding my warranty

wsEVO562
02-02-2005, 02:52 AM
If you touch up the paint it wont last long. Regular automotive paint will not with stand the temps the calipers see. Most calipers are powder coated with a really tough finish.

tru dat 8)

CT9A RS
02-02-2005, 03:47 AM
yea thats my concern, with my luck they will say by having a turbo turbo timer there by allowing the hot engine gases to circulate around my brake calipers after the vehicle to stop caused the overheating and bubblinbg of the paint on my calipers there for voiding my warranty

lol