PDA

View Full Version : Different Tuners (WORKS, TT & Dr. Gray)

Smogrunner
02-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Hi you guys. Hey, who is the best toooner? :wink:

GokuSSJ4
02-04-2005, 12:31 AM
It is covered as long as the mods are something people would want as upgrades. I suppose that's to limit stuff like blinky windshield washers and stuff.

So they won't cover Works reflashes? :wink:

or Xede piggy back :?

slorice
02-04-2005, 12:42 AM
It is covered as long as the mods are something people would want as upgrades. I suppose that's to limit stuff like blinky windshield washers and stuff.

So they won't cover Works reflashes? :wink:

or Xede piggy back :?
I guess Dynotrash won't be covered also. Goku I hear you been drinkin that Koolaid from Works. Oh yeah i forgot it is not peak numbers but the area under the curve.

GokuSSJ4
02-04-2005, 12:46 AM
koolaid LOL its all about Water injection too bad that the Xede makes peak power then it dies :roll: while others are more interested on an overall power band that you can use at a road race coarse and not 1/4 mile times :P

slorice
02-04-2005, 12:58 AM
koolaid LOL its all about Water injection too bad that the Xede makes peak power then it dies :roll: while others are more interested on an overall power band that you can use at a road race coarse and not 1/4 mile times :P
Goku believe what you want but I have seen many Works cars on Dynos and they are inept to say the least. Go over to tuning technologies and Dyno and let Chris and Alfred extract the extra power with safer a/f ratios with an Afc and boost controller. Then put in some 100 oct and the fun begins. I have seen them in action and they are local. I have also taken p-2 customers to Shiville and they are overly happy with the extra power Shiv can extract. Btw a typical P2 car tuned by the boys at tuning technologies have made significant increases after the session is over with safer a/f ratios.BTW that over 12/1 A/r on the p2 bettween 6-7 thou rpms is not a good thing.

GokuSSJ4
02-04-2005, 01:05 AM
i never mention WORKS in to this and FYI i dont consider the P2 to be the best when it comes to get the most HP out of a car, but you do get nice gains and reliability with no headaches.
There are other methods to increase HP and i call it the Dr. Gray stage 1 :P we will see what the dyno says next time and we can compare

leaveit2bevo
02-04-2005, 01:08 AM
ya there will be some dr gray cars at the next dyno meet and then you guys can talk about tuning

slorice
02-04-2005, 01:11 AM
too bad that Xed makes peak kick then it dies :roll: while others are more interested on an overall power band that you can use at a road race coarse and not 1/4 mile times :P

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzM1ODE2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Looky here. Isn't this "peak kick then it dies" dyno chart a Works car? Look at that torque curve...
The area under the curve Smog is more important than peak numbers. And equal Hp and tq means your car is faster. BTW Smogs car did fine on his so called drag race map. Shiv tunes for road racing and heat soaks the car on the dyno and the power repeats itself when the car is not at its optimal operating temps. Get it right like i did. I was a Works client but the Kool-aid trick did not last very long. Works needs a dyno , a tuner and some empiracal #s before you can say inequivocally that they are competent at tuning.

slorice
02-04-2005, 01:20 AM
i never mention WORKS in to this and FYI i dont consider the P2 to be the best when it comes to get the most HP out of a car, but you do get nice gains and reliability with no headaches.
There are other methods to increase HP and i call it the Dr. Gray stage 1 :P we will see what the dyno says next time and we can compare
Would Dr. Grays first name so happen to start with an S. I hope whoever he is is good as it will be great to have another competent tuner close by. Tuning technologies are gettin some good numbers tuning over Works flashed cars. Can you believe 350hp and 340 tq on 100 octane / okay 346 and 336 ish or close. Good guys and for relatively cheap can make your Evo competitively fast. Call them up 951 783-1200. Chris and Alfred are cool guys . BTW Goku I was just having fun with you at Works expense. I do think the guys at Works are alright but I do believe that they leave a lil too much power under the table.

leaveit2bevo
02-04-2005, 01:30 AM
ya dr grey tuned the 4 fastest cars at the evo shootout

moogle
02-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Would Dr. Grays first name so happen to start with an S. I hope whoever he is is good as it will be great to have another competent tuner close by. Tuning technologies are gettin some good numbers tuning over Works flashed cars. Can you believe 350hp and 340 tq on 100 octane / okay 346 and 336 ish or close. Good guys and for relatively cheap can make your Evo competitively fast. Call them up 951 783-1200. Chris and Alfred are cool guys . BTW Goku I was just having fun with you at Works expense. I do think the guys at Works are alright but I do believe that they leave a lil too much power under the table.

I agree w/u slorice. I am like almost there every week and see different evo's w/different tune. Few of the works customers that goes there gain more hp with the safc with a safe tune. And dam slorice I told my self I am not going to upgrade big turbo, but dam I love your setup.

GokuSSJ4
02-04-2005, 02:23 AM

no worries , i want to dyno my set up to see what i can accomplish. Last time i was near 300whp with what you call: WORKS P2 safe tune :wink:
now with some of the new things i have added will see what WHP the car makes. Hope to be near 330whp on 91 :P near 340whp on 100 octane with a bit more boost then what i have for daily driving.

tama_mog
02-04-2005, 03:06 AM
it'd be interesting goku that's for sure. But I have to say....."Dr. Gray stage 1" is where I want to be if I had the choice to do it all over again. But instead now I am stuck with Mr. Gray fixing my mistakes, go figure. But back on topic, best of luck to you Chris. Me and bugzy (from fusion....socaleuro) wish you the best.

slorice
02-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Thanks for jacking me with your bullshit $hiv vs. Al vs. Works nonsense. I could give a shit less who tunes your car. None of the above is the best anyway.

Will one of the mods please remove this crap?

Neil - I can't do the MR because I still have the S2K and I don't want a 2nd car. If I do go Evo again, I might trade the S2000 in for an Evo IX.
Hey dude sorry about the hijacking. Just having a lil fun. BTW What is the best? Educate us.

Absinthe
02-04-2005, 11:41 AM
DUDE- this thread has been so heavily moderated i cant make sense of the flow.

JanSolo
02-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Do any of the aforementioned tuners touch hybrids??

IT'S ALL ABOUT MPG BITCH.

gofaster87
02-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Comon Jan, none of them will touch you.

Absinthe
02-04-2005, 12:22 PM
I thought you just had to wire up larger batteries?

GokuSSJ4
02-04-2005, 12:33 PM
DUDE- this thread has been so heavily moderated i cant make sense of the flow.
it started on Chris "accident update" which went completly off topic with comparing tuners. so the thread was split in to this , for those that desire to continue discussing the difference bewteen tuners.
Chris thread was ruin and he got upset when 2 pages were reach on debating tuners in his thread.
Now Jan took it to the next level , i guess he wants more MPG for his toy car (slap some AA energizer batteries and it should be good to go Jan :D )

JanSolo
02-04-2005, 12:33 PM

ME? We're talking about Dino and his sweet Honda Civic Hybrid. You may get there faster, but he will keep on going long after you have run out of gas.

GokuSSJ4
02-04-2005, 12:37 PM

ME? We're talking about Dino and his sweet Honda Civic Hybrid. You may get there faster, but he will keep on going long after you have run out of gas.

to imagine that he will not get an evo to keep his high MPG hybrid :cry:

toku-one
02-04-2005, 12:39 PM
i dont have 12:1 afr with my p2 and i have more lean likely mods now than when i got it done.

the highest ive seen in a 3rd gear pull now is 11.8

however, i think ill be having tunning tec tune my safc since dr grey is on vacation for a while

then we can compare my numbers to bevos numbers (even though i should be slightly higher)

gofaster87
02-04-2005, 03:23 PM

Carrying extra jugs of gas is lighter than bringing extra super duper batteries.

toku-one
02-04-2005, 04:30 PM
since i only know the evo stock battery weight of 35lbs we can have 3.5 gallons per every battery

so how many batteries do you have.

gofaster87
02-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Gas is approx. 6lbs per gallon I believe.

beavis4g63t
02-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Gas is approx. 6lbs per gallon I believe.

thats a good estimate. it depends on the specific gravity. a gallon of water weighs 8.33 pounds so a gallon of 100 octane weighs 6.19 pounds at 60 degrees. nitromethane weighs 9.43 pounds and c14 leaded weighs 5.8 pounds at 60 degrees.

TheBoss
02-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Where can I find more information about the Dr.Gray stages? I see Dr. Gray Stage 1, 1+, etc..whats the difference?

Thanks.

JanSolo
02-15-2005, 11:13 PM
You really want a Dr. Grey Stage 1.34500^4/23. Kinda compares to a Dynoflash Stage 69 but with less attitude.

TheBoss
02-16-2005, 01:02 AM
LoL... damn I was hoping for the stage 1.78393333 (best of both worlds from what I heard) :nana:

Thanks again for the info!

moogle
02-16-2005, 01:36 AM
You really want a Dr. Grey Stage 1.34500^4/23. Kinda compares to a Dynoflash Stage 69 but with less attitude. :lol: :lol:

Evo-8
03-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Dr. Gray knows his shit. Go with him.

GokuSSJ4
03-02-2005, 02:04 AM
Where can I find more information about the Dr.Gray stages? I see Dr. Gray Stage 1, 1+, etc..whats the difference?

Thanks.
the ++ = bling bling