PDA

View Full Version : Pursuit PRO 9232a Keyless entry upgrade

Timujin
02-05-2005, 02:45 AM
I just wanted to post up the successful integration of an alarm into my 05 EVO's factory keyless entry system. The alarm was <$60 and installed by me for cheap. Options/Features/Benefits include:

Multi function red LED; Passive(discount on some insurance policies) or active arming; valet override; siren and horn output (simultaneous); door trigger; hood trigger; truck trigger; starter kill; auto door lock when key turned on; auto door unlock when key turned off; dome light supervision learning; full use of the factory keyless entry system; 2 stage shock sensor with rapid warning chirp/beep

This alarm will accept a tracking module if I can find one in stock.

kimletrim
02-05-2005, 09:21 AM
From where?

Timujin
02-05-2005, 11:11 AM
From where?

I assume you mean where I got the alarm. I got it from a friend that works for Taylor Marketing. They're distributors located in Claremont.

EVO Neil
02-05-2005, 11:30 AM
We need more information, like where we can acquire one. Thanks.

Timujin
02-05-2005, 11:48 AM
I sent off an email lastnight regarding additional units. I'll post up the availability as soon as I find out.

Timujin
02-07-2005, 11:34 AM
I found out today that I can get mas alarms @$55 each! So if you are interested PM me.

BTW, the only add on module is a one way paging syetem that I'll get 1st to evaluate before giving details.

Timujin
02-08-2005, 01:25 PM
2 for sale $55 each! I'll assist with the install if needed.

EVO Neil
02-08-2005, 04:14 PM

Any pictures or more information about what we'd be buying? Still interested, thanks. With this system you can use your existing remote and not have to have a seperate one, is that correct?

Timujin
02-08-2005, 08:06 PM

Any pictures or more information about what we'd be buying? Still interested, thanks. With this system you can use your existing remote and not have to have a seperate one, is that correct?

Yes I can give more details and take some photos of the unpackaged box.

Most important (to me anyway) you CAN use the factory keyless remote with this alarm.

Timujin
02-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Here is what you get with the system:

Alarm Brain; Dual Stage Shock Sensor; LED; Valet Switch; 6 Tone Siren; 2 (-) Pin Switches; Starter Kill Relay; Wiring Harnesses; Assorted Screws * Wire Splices

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album336/Alarm_003.sized.jpg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album336/Alarm_005.sized.jpg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album336/Alarm_006.sized.jpg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album336/Alarm_007.sized.jpg

Well I am about 90% finished installing the factory keyless entry upgrade alarm released back in 2003 by AudioVox (I know summa yous are thinking, cheesy POS alram). It has taken many hours of finding the proper wires as I am not using a standalone alarm/remote, and the wiring diagrams listed on this site do not fully apply to this installation. My goal was to have an alarm sound off when a door is opened, or if someone bumped my car, and not to have the factory keyless entry system disabled. Considering I paid <$60 for the alarm and installed it myself, this vuzza bargain. The information learned about how these cars are setup is priceless.

Things I discovered along the way that may help someone else perform this install:

I used a 2-wire disarm meaning the alarm will only disarm if the single door unlock signal is sent from the driver side door that unlocks with the factory key fob (such a ghey word). So if the alarm is set off, the door unlock swith will not disarm it.

I had to use the ground signal sent directly to the dome light in order to have any open door set the alarm off. The "white wire" door trigger under the dash doesn't apply if you are using the factory keyless entry/immobilizer circuits. I thought this wouldn't work because the dome light flashes with the parking lights when the doors are locked using the fob, but the alarm brain can delay arming the door trigger (dome light in this case) for 2 seconds which is enough time to allow the lights to flash.

Starter kill function is added to the immobilizer mix which complicates things further for a potential hot wiring thief.

The brain can sound the dedicated siren and the vehicle horn during an alarm trigger.

The brain will auto lock/unlock the doors when the car is started or turned off. This is something that should've been included with the factory sheit.

I can disarm the alarm without the factory remote, with a pain the ass customizable sequence of key on/off press the valet button. . .

The factory autolocking feature after unlocking and not opening doors also re-arms the alarm.

Timujin
02-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Lots of view.....but no replies. I guess everybody has their factory shiznit disconnected, and using an aftermarket alarm.