PDA

View Full Version : Alignment shop in SOUTH OC. Please do not recommend RRE

hksevo8
02-05-2005, 02:34 PM
As the subject line states I need an alignment shop in SOUTH OC that can handle the job! I already performed a search and all I found was Mueller this and RRE that. I am sure that Mueller can do a great job (goku will testify to it all day long), but I do not want to drive to RRE. I have called around and have not felt comfortable with any of the people I talked to so far. Can anyone help out. I know someone here has had to have there car worked on in south OC. Thanks in advance.

self.one
02-05-2005, 05:42 PM
although it not in south oc, west end alignment in gardena is an excellent place and darin is a chassis guru as he has set up many company/project cars for various magazines and tuning companies as well as many road race cars in socal... they specialize in chassis setup and installs as well as top notch alignments and corner balancing..... give them a call... hope this helps...

310 808 9233

eddie...

NipponHamFighters
02-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Hiro's Auto in Costa Mesa, next to Mitsuwa Market.

They do a lot of the Drift Association Alignments and for RSR cars as well.

prosailortim
02-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Tire Pros in Fountain Valley.... Preston Schuster (Asst. Manager) owns the Blue Serenity Sound Evo. It's where I take my car for her alignments... he knows how to do it right. Here's the address & phone number for Tire Pros:

18302 Ward St.
Fountain Valley
714-963-1897

Hope this helped you out

RaysurX
02-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Also for reference..... here are the specs directly from the 2003 Shop manual so that where ever you end up going... you can compare what they are setting against the shop manual specs.

http://members.cox.net/raysurx/frontspec.jpg
http://members.cox.net/raysurx/rearspec.jpg

I went to BIG O TIRES in TUSTIN.... they did a good job to factory specs.

They can offer a slight discount for SOCALEVO members with a card.

At the next Thursday meet in Tustin... I'll pass out cards to get the discount. Regular price is $69.00 they can do it for lower with the card.

I'd like to point out the following:
- Their alignment ramp might be too steep for lowered evos. Mine was stock so I had no issues...but its worth a check.
- Lowered evo's camber's may not be adjustable to spec.... (gurus chime in)
- They are using a HUNTER laser alignment system.... there is always an inherent risk to scratching rims when they clamp on the laser assembly.... (sic pic below)
http://www.hunter.com/pub/product/alignmentsystems/4870T/images/A4870T04.jpg

I also spoke to PRESTON at Tire Pros as mentioned above... he sounded in favor of giving SocalEvo members a discount as well......... give him a call.

MAFIOSO8
02-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Rick if you want I can pull some strings at the dealership my dad runs and ask if darryl their mitsu master tech could do it, this guy is pro at what he does sadly he works on chryslers but I can forsure get it done for you dirt cheap. :D

nurb2
02-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Tire Pros in Fountain Valley.... Preston Schuster (Asst. Manager) owns the Blue Serenity Sound Evo. It's where I take my car for her alignments... he knows how to do it right. Here's the address & phone number for Tire Pros:

18302 Ward St.
Fountain Valley
714-963-1897

Hope this helped you out

I got a CRAP alignment from this place. Went there because HB Mitsu recommended it. My car handled like ass after the alignment and my steering wheel was crooked to the left. I knew something was up when it took them all of 30 minutes (I kid you not) to do the entire thing. After the alignment some of the specs were still in the red.

Would have had them fix it, but why let them fuck up twice, ya know? I actually got a good one at Big "O" Tires in Tustin. Alignments are more mechanic specific than shop specific though. Find a good one and stick with him.

-nurb2-

nurb2
02-05-2005, 10:45 PM
I went to BIG O TIRES in TUSTIN.... they did a good job to factory specs.
Wrote my post above before reading yours ... Big O tires in Tustin definitely did a good job on mine.

-nurb2-

prosailortim
02-06-2005, 08:26 AM
nurb2..... sorry you had a bad experience with Preston at Tire Pros. They have done a perfect job for me both times I've been there or I wouldn't have recommended them.... I guess I was lucky.

I've only had problems with one shop here in Orange County. Had Defi BF gauges installed for $300.00 and they caused over $1,500.00 in damages to my dash, gauge panel, and engine bay in the process of that installation.

A few SoCalEvo members spoke highly of this shop as well, that's why I used him. I finally ended up suing him in small claims court and won the full amount I was seeking.

I'll have to try Big "O" Tires in Tustin.... thanks for the advice.

Tarmac02
02-06-2005, 10:52 AM
not too bad of a drive but West End Alignment does amazing stuff

MrSparkle
02-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Tire Pros in Fountain Valley.... Preston Schuster (Asst. Manager) owns the Blue Serenity Sound Evo. It's where I take my car for her alignments... he knows how to do it right.

I would highly recommend NOT going to Tire Pros in Fountain Valley. Just so everyone knows, Preston doesn't actually do the alignments. He'll write the ticket and hand it to the so called "mechanic". Second, Preston doesn't actually know all that much.

I'm always leary of taking my car anywhere for work because of poor workmanship. Thanks for not letting me down Tire Pros!! (I needed an alignment and couldn't wait for RRE). They jacked up my brand new Enkei RR's, the steering wheel wasn't straight and the car pulled.

All in all, waste of time and money (which I did get back)

hksevo8
02-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate all the info.

prosailortim
02-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the info guys on tire Pros in fountain Valley.... guess I must have been lucky the last 2 times I've been there.

I'll give Big O Tires my business next time.

Evoracer
02-07-2005, 02:08 AM
Clark's house of suspension in Lake Forest. He's aligned my Evo at least 4 times for autocross. They also do brakes very reasonably.

hksevo8
02-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Clark's house of suspension in Lake Forest. He's aligned my Evo at least 4 times for autocross. They also do brakes very reasonably.

I thought they went out of business? Do you have their phone number???
my buddies in high school used to take their lifted trucks to them but I thought they went out of business.....

R.E.D
02-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Clark's House of Suspension
26901 Vista Terrace
Lake Forest,CA 92630
949-768-6261

I also used them to do my alignment after I put springs on my car

hksevo8
02-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Clark's House of Suspension
26901 Vista Terrace
Lake Forest,CA 92630
949-768-6261

I also used them to do my alignment after I put springs on my car

Evoracer
02-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Clark's 949 768-6261.

clark's also did my Espelir spring install, SS clutch line/fluid, brake pads/turning/fluid, rear sway bar, and JIC coil over install.

HKS - Good to meet you guys in LN a few months ago!

Tell him Rick sent you :wink:

hksevo8
02-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Clark's 949 768-6261.

clark's also did my Espelir spring install, SS clutch line/fluid, brake pads/turning/fluid, rear sway bar, and JIC coil over install.

HKS - Good to meet you guys in LN a few months ago!

Tell him Rick sent you :wink:

I thought I recognized the name. Thanks for the info, it was great meeting you too.

mybada
02-08-2005, 03:52 PM
How about in North OC or Fullerton area??
Any good alignment shop?

hehe sorry about off topic question...

WavMixer
04-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up on tire pros. HB Mitsbishi will be having my car aligned and replacing tires due to excessive wear. They were going to send me to tire pros, but after reading this HB will have Mueller do my alignment under warranty!!!