PDA

View Full Version : for those with doluck lip

*chris*
02-05-2005, 09:00 PM
just curious about somethin. how do you guys do it? i mean, isnt that only 3-4in of ground clearance in the front after its installed? dont get me wrong, i think it looks awesome. but id be too afraid that itd get destroyed on some s..tty road. do you just avoid the even semibad roads at all costs?

one word .....speedbumps. :shock:

Boosted
02-06-2005, 12:45 AM
thats my concern as well, I would love to get that lip on my car but thats 700 dollars that could be put to good use and not be afraid to back out of my driverway...

*chris*
02-06-2005, 09:53 AM
exactly ...i honestly think itd worry too much about destroying it, as a consequence i wouldnt enjoy the drives. 700 is alot of money to put THAT close to the ground.

kimletrim
02-06-2005, 10:20 AM
I think you have to realize that some drivers are already driving lower than is prudent. Those drivers who have lowered thier car with TIEN S spings for install face this challenge every single day.

I'm not saying this is for me, but there are many out their. Maybe if someone goes with a less aggressive drop (or no drop), and get the lip, they would know what it feels like to approach a driveway with TIEN S.

just a thought

Macky
02-06-2005, 05:20 PM
the do-luck lip is awesome, it sucks its just too expensive for a lip :(

j_nizzle
02-06-2005, 05:55 PM
i agree that the do-luck lip is great. however, i think it is way too low to be practical on the streets. thats why i wonder if anyone can get their hands on the ralliart evo9 carbon fiber lip and mold that to our 8 lips. it is not too low and still very functionable. if not, just get the apr lip. all in all they're all expensive. why not get one that you wont scratch going up a curb or over speed bumps? just my .02

CT9A RS
02-07-2005, 03:20 PM
u guys were never ricers with bodykits im guessing. Lol the do luck lip isnt even bad. Back in the day i had an Integra with a Bomex kit. Man when i picked it up at the bodyshop the front was an inch n half off the ground. I angled the car a lot but i still got my bumper stuck on the road pulling out of the very flat driveway. The workers had to come and lift the front of my car as i rolled out of the driveway. Lol i raised the car up but still only left like 3 inches of clearance. The only thing u really got to worry about is an object with some weight on it.

CJexJiggy
02-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Well I dont have the doluck lip and I wouldnt buy it either. Its just too expensive for me and 700 bucks could be used for something else. So, does any one have a picture of there Doluck lip?

rexorz
02-10-2005, 11:56 PM
my car is like 2 inches to 2 and a half inches off the ground without a lip.. im planning on picking up the do-luck lip. you just gotta be careful on the streets. you gotta pay to play.

gofaster87
02-10-2005, 11:56 PM
The lip does look nice even though its a bit pricey for such a small piece of cf. You will have to drive carefully around driveways and parking lots if you dont want to mangle it. If you track your car, forget about it. Ever seen Robis car after a hard session?, lets just say hes went through many splitters. My car isnt lowered too much and my splitter still sees scraping. If you think you can be careful then go for it, otherwise it might be better to go with a reinforced spiltter/diffuser that can put up with a little more abuse than a thick lip and give you an aerodynamic plus.

IS2000
02-11-2005, 12:27 AM
I don't have the Do-Luck lip, but my front bumper rides just as low. It's a pain when getting up and down the driveways.

Tarmac02
02-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Hmm... let me see...

DoLuck lip for $700

Valdi Sport Bumper for $1k painted..... is it really even a question?

WhiteEvoRS
02-11-2005, 08:18 PM
i plan on getting one. i love that lip! but its too expensive like you guys said!!

Boosted
02-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Hmm... let me see...

DoLuck lip for $700

Valdi Sport Bumper for $1k painted..... is it really even a question?

hmmm rip off my new 700 dollar lip or my new valdi sport bumper I just painted when I got over this speed bump... hmmm....

kimletrim
02-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Hmm whyd oesn't SolarXclipse chime in on this, does he not have the lip?

Tarmac02
02-12-2005, 10:23 AM
hmmm rip off my new 700 dollar lip or my new valdi sport bumper I just painted when I got over this speed bump... hmmm....

actually the valdi actually only falls about an inch below stock, as long as you aren't slammed lowrider style it should be fine

wilson1
02-12-2005, 12:28 PM

actually the valdi actually only falls about an inch below stock, as long as you aren't slammed lowrider style it should be fine

Where do you get the valdi bumper at?

Boosted
02-12-2005, 01:32 PM

Where do you get the valdi bumper at?

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/home.php?cat=57

*chris*
02-12-2005, 05:35 PM
id rather just chop that mitsu 'nose' off and get an apr splitter or somethin of that sort then a new bumper or the doluck. i just think id be too scared id damage a 700dollar lip. still looks good tho ...just crazy.

i cant think strait right now ...11hours of work does that to me. :? ill revisit this top when im more rested.