PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing some parts, few questions...

TheBoss
02-06-2005, 03:58 PM
I have been looking at myevostore.com and am getting ready to pick up some gauges (Apex' EL II or Defi). Besides boost gauge, I was looking at the oil pressure and egt gauge and was wondering where to go for the install on these two gauges?

Also, I was thinking about picking up the s-afc combo package with an HKS RS intake. Question I have about these parts is would I need a reflash for the intake ontop of the S-AFC or would a good tune on the S-AFC take car of the intake issue w/o a reflash?

Thanks.

EVO Neil
02-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Check with Rob at myevostore, he'll know.

DTunedEvoX
02-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Get the Blitz adaptor and you can install the oil pressure/temp yourself.
As for the EGT- have RRE tap it for you! Or yeah ask Rob I'm sure he'll know what to do ...

leaveit2bevo
02-06-2005, 04:25 PM
I have defi bf oil temp and oil pressure gauges for sale and they come with the sandwich adapter.

lqdchkn
02-06-2005, 08:11 PM
I have the BF Turbo, Oil and Fuel pressure. Using the sandwich adapter for the oil pressure is by far the most common method. I didn't like the idea of dropping the oil filter 1/2 to 1 inch though, especially on a lowered car. So I installed mine in place of the factory Idiot Light sensor, it's already the same size and thread pitch. The switch is normally open so the light just stays out and you can just secure the wire out of the way. The defi guage has an adjustable low pressure warning and buzzer that you can set at factory spec. and still have the same feature.