PDA

View Full Version : sparco garage sale = gay. hopefully the apexi will be better

alex_alex
02-08-2005, 03:30 PM
what the title says.

i got there right when it started, waited in line for god knows how long, only to see that there wasn't anything really good left. Even the seats were kinda sketchy. All the ones i saw, included the ones bought already by guys waaay ahead of me in line, had some flaw or another on it, that chances are, the buyer didn't notice.

i guess the shirts and the shoes and the gloves there were still plenty of . . .

hopefully, the ApexI sale will be better.

gofaster87
02-08-2005, 03:34 PM
They did mention in their advertisement that many of the products were returns or had cosmetic flaws. Sparco isnt going to give away perfectly new products. I do agree the line thing sounded like a real waste of time. Im glad I didnt go. The APex sale sounds more interesting.

Ryukyu
02-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Everything in stock in their warehouse was being sold for 20% off. I think thats pretty good. There was nothing left when you got in, so apparently some people got good deals. I almost got in with the first group. I think they should have limited the time people had in there. I saw people standing around talking to each other.

Note to self: Spend the night on the lawn in front of Apex.

alex_alex
02-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Everything in stock in their warehouse was being sold for 20% off. I think thats pretty good. There was nothing left when you got in, so apparently some people got good deals. I almost got in with the first group. I think they should have limited the time people had in there. I saw people standing around talking to each other.

Note to self: Spend the night on the lawn in front of Apex.

1) that was the point of this post. you WONT have to spend the night in front of Apex b/c they don't run their sale homosexually like that.

by numerous accounts, the Apex sale is just an open garage sale, like it should be.

2) everything "in stock" is the key phrase. most of the products really worth buying where not "in stock." Ever been to one of those Al & Ed's buy one get one free sales? They apply "only to items in stock" and mysteriously, things that are in stock the day before are no longer in stock during the sale.

3) "There was nothing left when you got in, so apparently some people got good deals" <-- I . . . don't . . . follow . . . the logic . . . at all.

gofaster87
02-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Calm down Alex, you will find a good deal someday. It does happen, thought it seems I have to wait a lifetime for it.

alex_alex
02-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Calm down Alex, you will find a good deal someday. It does happen, thought it seems I have to wait a lifetime for it.

haha. same here.

Chris in SD
02-08-2005, 04:06 PM
I didn't have to wait for anything... It pays to know certain peeps. (It especially helps to not bad-mouth them here.) :wink:

I am pretty sure I'll never get the VIP line-jump at a Vishnu sale... :roll:

gofaster87
02-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Comon Chris, Shiv has a poster of you flexing your sexy arms in his office. He dreams of you daily.

Chris in SD
02-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Sam, you're out of control. :wink: Besides, we don't want Billy to get jealous.

alex_alex
02-08-2005, 04:09 PM
I didn't have to wait for anything... It pays to know certain peeps. (It especially helps to not bad-mouth them here.) :wink:

woo hoo. and did you see any good deals in there?

BOVBILLY
02-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Chris, you don't want to see my gun show!

Chris in SD
02-08-2005, 04:18 PM

Some of those seats were a steal at $200 and the F1 helmets were cheap at $500. Also, the driving shoes were a good deal at $50 (I just couldn't figure out the Italian sizes...).

Absinthe
02-08-2005, 04:21 PM
to get US sizes from italian substract 1 whole size

ie US 10 = Ital 9

kaane
02-08-2005, 04:29 PM
i've been to the 2 previous apexi sales and they were just as gay.. Everything was like 10% below retail.... waste of time.

BOVBILLY
02-08-2005, 04:31 PM
the 75% off is for their posters!

Chris in SD
02-08-2005, 04:33 PM

ie US 10 = Ital 9

Nope... that's UK

These were all 45, 43, etc. I'm sure it's in cm, but I don't know the conversion and the shoes I was wearing didn't have the Euro size inside.

Plus all the colors were rosso (red), azzuri (blue), etc.

Absinthe
02-08-2005, 04:44 PM

ie US 10 = Ital 9

Nope... that's UK

These were all 45, 43, etc. I'm sure it's in cm, but I don't know the conversion and the shoes I was wearing didn't have the Euro size inside.

Plus all the colors were rosso (red), azzuri (blue), etc.

Nope thats european sizing which for some reason differs from Italian and English sizing, UK sizing for a matter of fact is not uniform accross all sizes in certain places it will be .5 larger and in others 1.5 larger. Very odd, kind of like there gallon being bigger than ours.

Italian sizing on the other hand is a straight plus one, and I have the shoes on to prove it.

Chris in SD
02-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Very strange. You sound like you know what you're talking about, so I know better than to argue. To state facts, the shoes were labelled in Italian with sizes in cm. Bottom line, the 45 was like a size 9 men's... I wear 12. Oh well.

hksevo8
02-08-2005, 04:53 PM
not sure what happened to the $50.00 replicas and the $75.00 nomex shoes. All the cardboard boxes had them listed at those prices but I paid $80.00 for a pair of their karting shoes. The 44's fit my size 11 foot pretty good too.

Boosted
02-08-2005, 05:16 PM
no shit it sucked for you, thats what you get for getting ther right at 10, I thought it would be obvious to get there early if you wanted to actually get something worthy of buying I got there at 9 and walked right in at at 10

alex_alex
02-08-2005, 05:36 PM
no shit it sucked for you, thats what you get for getting ther right at 10, I thought it would be obvious to get there early if you wanted to actually get something worthy of buying I got there at 9 and walked right in at at 10

:lol: from what Chris said was there when he got in early, they had the exact same shit. i just assumed / hoped there was better stuff earlier on. There were still plenty of seats, shoes, gloves, etc. Only things they ran out of were harness belts.

i can't believe you got there early and still waited an hour. its pretty ridiculous for people who have more important things to do with their time.

EVO Neil
02-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Also, the driving shoes were a good deal at $50 (I just couldn't figure out the Italian sizes...).

1) remove shoe you are currently wearing
2) look for size, it's most likely listed in U.S. sizing and Euro sizing, if not, bummer. Mine was listed in both, but I still couldn't find one in my size
3) purchase new shoes

:D

alex_alex
02-08-2005, 05:41 PM

Some of those seats were a steal at $200 and the F1 helmets were cheap at $500. Also, the driving shoes were a good deal at $50 (I just couldn't figure out the Italian sizes...).

yeah, they were all still left when i got in. i had thought some of those seats were great deals until i saw Sparco's original suggested retail price on them.

the Sprints that they were selling for $200 give or take a few $s are 279 LIST price.

http://www.sparcousa.com/seats_comp.asp?scID=83&page=2&helmetType=

the 80 dollar discount (minus the discount any other shop would've given you on a brand new one) wasn't worth the rips and tears IMO.

I will admit, though, that the sale was a pretty smart way to get rid of junked up stuff. Everyone waiting in line for so long has a good chance of developing some sort of desire to purchase SOMETHING for time investment they've already put into waiting.

Boosted
02-08-2005, 05:44 PM

:lol: from what Chris said was there when he got in early, they had the exact same shit. i just assumed / hoped there was better stuff earlier on. There were still plenty of seats, shoes, gloves, etc. Only things they ran out of were harness belts.

i can't believe you got there early and still waited an hour. its pretty ridiculous for people who have more important things to do with their time.

hahah I got the only set of cam lock harness's buwahahahaha and I got them for 110

Chris in SD
02-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Also, the driving shoes were a good deal at $50 (I just couldn't figure out the Italian sizes...).

1) remove shoe you are currently wearing
2) look for size, it's most likely listed in U.S. sizing and Euro sizing, if not, bummer. Mine was listed in both, but I still couldn't find one in my size
3) purchase new shoes

:D

My shoes didn't have the list they usually do (I know which chart you're referring to). Also, when I matched the shoe (size 45) up to my size 12, it was about 3 inches too short - definitely not close to fitting.

Guys, I might be big, but I'm not that dumb...

EVO Neil
02-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Also, when I matched the shoe (size 45) up to my size 12, it was about 3 inches too short - definitely not close to fitting.

Euro 45 - U.S. 11, I think.

Chris in SD
02-08-2005, 06:09 PM
It could have been the wrong shoes in the box, too. Ask subgraphic (Scot) or IS2000 (Mark) - they were definitely for the ballet-footed among us.

alex_alex
02-08-2005, 06:41 PM
i love how this thread as turned into a european shoe size conversion. I was actually confused myself as to the conversion, but looking at my shoes right now, it looks like an 11 translates into like a 45 or so.

gofaster87
02-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Yoyu have to love the forums. Thats what makes them so great, one thread covers 10 topics.

EVO Neil
02-08-2005, 07:49 PM
i love how this thread as turned into a european shoe size conversion. I was actually confused myself as to the conversion, but looking at my shoes right now, it looks like an 11 translates into like a 45 or so.

See you learned something new today.

ultraflip
02-08-2005, 07:58 PM
hahah I got the only set of cam lock harness's buwahahahaha and I got them for 110

haha... i got a perfect Corsa Seat... the only brand new evo seat base... last seat brackets, and some sliders...

didn't even pay that much.. puhahaha

rubelcon
02-08-2005, 08:24 PM
I almost s-ed my pants when I seen the line. I then decided that retail prices are not that bad after all :lol:

subgraphic
02-08-2005, 08:34 PM
It could have been the wrong shoes in the box, too. Ask subgraphic (Scot) or IS2000 (Mark) - they were definitely for the ballet-footed among us.

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS ! ? :shock:

gofaster87
02-08-2005, 08:40 PM

Perhaps he means really small and light-footed. Youve seen Chris hes a huge ogre.

rOxYeVoPiNaY
02-08-2005, 09:53 PM
i went to that stoopid "garage sale" around 2:00 or so, fawkin a! there were like 5 seats left and they were uglier than my turds i flush down the toilet!!! they had the nastiest shoes and gloves that were thrown around like some ghetto swapmeet... i was really disappointed! i just wanted sexy new seats for lil evette in my driveway :-X

Cr0mster
02-08-2005, 10:43 PM
i went to that stoopid "garage sale" around 2:00 or so, fawkin a! there were like 5 seats left and they were uglier than my turds i flush down the toilet!!! they had the nastiest shoes and gloves that were thrown around like some ghetto swapmeet... i was really disappointed! i just wanted sexy new seats for lil evette in my driveway :-X

LOL

Chris in SD
02-09-2005, 09:53 AM

I didn't know if you saw when I tried to match that Sparco shoe up to my foot... No Bevo-style fruitiness insinuated...

Paul2x
02-11-2005, 12:42 PM
All the garage sales are hit or miss......fingers crossed

Deca Auto
02-11-2005, 07:49 PM
there were like 5 seats left and they were uglier than my turds i flush down the toilet!!!

Girls go poo poo???!!!! :cry: