PDA

View Full Version : is it hitting fuel cut?

onesicklambo
02-08-2005, 08:46 PM
well i fixed my boost problem(lower i/c piping and a 1.50 hose clamp) anyways...now once in a while when im under full throttle...towards higher rpm's it will all of a sudden cut out..its only for a split second, but gives a violent jerk and am wondering if this is fuel cutoff? Do i need a hi-flow fuel pump? I cant see why I would need one, all i have installed right now is turboback and intake? is this a fuel problem?

GokuSSJ4
02-08-2005, 09:10 PM
monitor your boost gauge and notice if you have a boost spike. If you go over 1.5 near 1.6 on stock injectors most of the time you will hit boost/fuel cut.

onesicklambo
02-13-2005, 04:11 PM
i installed my gauge, and have about 1 1/2 turns in on the hallman mbc...now as im under wot..its a violent jery..where my enigne is reving..then all of as sudden it goes POP..then keeps reving. My gauge hits 22 but only for a second..then drops down to like 19. do i need a fuel pump?

robi
02-13-2005, 04:27 PM
No you need to put it back to stock before you blow this motor too! You are hitting fuel cut and this is the ECU's way of PREVENTING (or sometimes TRYING to prevent) the motor from GRENADING!!!! (it's NOT a perfect system either) Fuel cut happens AFTER a serious detonation event NOT BEFORE!!! and it does this sensing a serious detonation condition which could cause IMEDIATE AND PERMENENT ENGIN FAILURE...with a MBC the MAXIMUM boose you should use is EIGHTEEN PSI AKA ONE POINT TWO BAR NOT 1.5+. Thge fuel pump has nothing to do with it and your previous motor was so modded you probably have the right pump in the tank already. MAN you just got the car back from the shop drive it for a while before you KILL it again.

onesicklambo
02-13-2005, 04:32 PM
:shock: oh damn.. well can i leave the mbc there...just turn it out.(i.e stock boost)....but what i dont get, is it was doing this BEFORE i out the mbc in.

robi
02-13-2005, 04:52 PM
I was very conserned and had SRM REALLY check out the car after the motor install. They never hit fuel cut once, and tried to force this (happens in low gears as in jumping on it getting on the freeway the most). aftermarket intakes can cause this too as they can change the flow after the MAS. Last time I had this prob my waste gate was hooked up wrong (it's easier to do than you think...).

onesicklambo
02-13-2005, 05:01 PM
well im not going to push it hard then...i cant afford another motor :( SFM is supposed to get a different flash coming in, and im going to use it, so I think ill just wait to have em tune it properly.....

robi
02-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Hey We are invading SRM just before the T-hill event..on friday the 25th and we will be tuning myNEW motor (damn I hate leaving contrails down the straights!!!)....Come-on down and bring youer dad too!