PDA

View Full Version : Question about rotating tires.

Takashi
02-09-2005, 02:30 PM
My original Advan's have about 15k miles on them, but I have not autocrossed or road-raced the car at all. In fact, I drive the car pretty reasonably.

As such, my tire wear has been good. However, I recently lowered the car on Hotchkis springs, and I'm noticing uneven wear on the inside of all four tires, more noticeably in the front of course. However, the outside edge and the center of the tires are in great shape. Is it unsafe to have the tires rotated, as in physically having them removed from the wheels and remounted so that the inside edge is now on the outside. Keep in mind the inside edge imo is still in pretty good shape.

FYI, I called Justires and they said that they wouldn't do it because it's not safe.

Thanks,
greg

Macky
02-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Is it unsafe to have the tires rotated, as in physically having them removed from the wheels and remounted so that the inside edge is now on the outside. Keep in mind the inside edge imo is still in pretty good shape.

Thanks,
greg

if you do that you have to mount that tire on the other side. this is because the tires are directional. when they are rotated they are only front -> rear and rear -> front for one side. if you peel the tire off and mount it on that same rim, you have to mount that rim on the other side to maintain the same direction

GokuSSJ4
02-09-2005, 03:09 PM
in order to get the most out of the advan tires, you need to take the tire off the rim and switch it (in n out) you can squeez abit more miles out of the stock advans if you rotate them often.

ovenmit331
02-09-2005, 03:16 PM
I noticed the inside of mine were worn out BADLY when I just replaced them at 14.5K Next time I go to the track I'm gonna have them put back on with the bald shoulder out, just so i can wear them out completely.

apexstrafer
02-09-2005, 03:21 PM
you guys who are wearing out the INSIDE of your tires need to drive harder and stop treating your evos like accords.

but to answer the question, yes it's safe to flip the tires on the rims and run them on the other side as long as they're all pointing in the right direction, as goku said.

Takashi
02-09-2005, 03:31 PM
in order to get the most out of the advan tires, you need to take the tire off the rim and switch it (in n out) you can squeez abit more miles out of the stock advans if you rotate them often.

yeah, that's exactly what i meant... when i described it to the ass hats at just tires, they wouldn't do it.

thanks for the replies!