PDA

View Full Version : New to the Evo world!

EvoPwr
02-09-2005, 09:33 PM
I am looking into buying a new 2005 Evo VIII. I was wondering where the best place/dealership to buy a new Evo would be.

After I make the purchase I will be fixing it up ofcourse, since it is an Evo :D. First thing I wanted to do was upgrade the sound system, anyone know of a place that does custom enclosures ie fiberglass and what not.

I live in Orange County, Ladera Ranch.

Thanks for all of your help.

evojen
02-09-2005, 10:09 PM
go buy your evo at the huntington beach mitsubishi :)
(i think it's the one in huntington beach)

EvoPwr
02-09-2005, 10:12 PM

LOL now why would that be?

bonestockevo8
02-09-2005, 10:42 PM
I am looking into buying a new 2005 Evo VIII. I was wondering where the best place/dealership to buy a new Evo would be.

After I make the purchase I will be fixing it up ofcourse, since it is an Evo :D. First thing I wanted to do was upgrade the sound system, anyone know of a place that does custom enclosures ie fiberglass and what not.

I live in Orange County, Ladera Ranch.

Thanks for all of your help. Just avoid South Coast Mitsubishi like the plaque. Very shady, unethical, and dishonest.

EvoPwr
02-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Just avoid South Coast Mitsubishi like the plaque. Very shady, unethical, and dishonest.

Thanks for the input/help!

Boosted
02-09-2005, 10:48 PM

because hb is by far the best mitsu dealer in southern california. Great people that will give you a great deal.

EvoPwr
02-09-2005, 10:57 PM
thanks boosted.

Boosted
02-09-2005, 11:07 PM
no problemo... where in Ladera Ranch are you located? im in RSM as well.

EvoPwr
02-09-2005, 11:38 PM
I am near Crown Valley and O'neil. Back in the track houses.

Where abouts are you?

prosailortim
02-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Like they said.... go to H.B. Mitsubishi. For your sound system go to "Sound Advice" in Mission Viejo.

The owner Josh has fair prices and will hook you up with a great system without ripping you off.

Their installer John is very, very good at what he does.... I highly recommend him.

Their phone number is (949) 364-6464.... Tell the Tim with the White Evo sent you.

EvoPwr
02-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Like they said.... go to H.B. Mitsubishi. For your sound system go to "Sound Advice" in Mission Viejo.

The owner Josh has fair prices and will hook you up with a great system without ripping you off.

Their installer John is very, very good at what he does.... I highly recommend him.

Their phone number is (949) 364-6464.... Tell the Tim with the White Evo sent you.

Thanks man, when i get there i will! Dam i love these formus, dealing with mature people. So when i finally get my Evo are there any meets around here? Or is Tustin the closest? I just moved here a few months ago. I miss the meets that i went to when i lived near LA, mostly in Compton and Gardena...yea bring nice ass cars to these cities. It was an experiance everytime we went out.

Mostly cuz of cops hasseling us at meetings where there werent any races, but whatever. LOL thanks guys.

Boosted
02-10-2005, 12:34 AM
yea, tustin is the closest meet. You hsould roll otu tomorrow. I wont be able ot make it thought : /

evojen
02-10-2005, 01:45 AM
dayam... i give sound advice... and people think im playing... how sad... you hurt mai feelings :cry:

Boosted
02-10-2005, 01:47 AM
dayam... i give sound advice... and people think im playing... how sad... you hurt mai feelings :cry:

its ok Jen I believe in you :D

haha

KRS333
02-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Getting close to also buying mine... Everyone here swears by HB so thats the place to go...

apexstrafer
02-10-2005, 04:25 PM

o/t, but why do you have a link to a photo gallery in your sig when it's password-protected?

Macky
02-10-2005, 06:39 PM
HB is the place to go

j_nizzle
02-10-2005, 07:31 PM
just go to hb best they're the best there is and pm me when you want some serious sound. if you can, try to make it out to the epic bike shop/drift speed meet this saturday you'll know what i mean by serious sound.

EvoPwr
02-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Getting close to also buying mine... Everyone here swears by HB so thats the place to go...

yea exactly :D

EvoPwr
02-10-2005, 08:17 PM
just go to hb best they're the best there is and pm me when you want some serious sound. if you can, try to make it out to the epic bike shop/drift speed meet this saturday you'll know what i mean by serious sound.

im working all this week and weekend (Overtime) unfortuantley so i wont be able to make it this weekend, but definately another weekend i will check it out. ill give you a PM also once i get my evo and some more cash since itll all be gone to the dam down payment LOL.

EvoPwr
02-10-2005, 08:19 PM
no jen i believe you :D i was just wondering why you said HB and with the hundreds of people telling me the same, because they arent crooks, they care about customer service, and they got a great service shop. :D

Macky
02-10-2005, 09:27 PM
they (HB) will never do you wrong, ive bought 4 evos within the past year there - each a pleasant experience 8)

rino
02-10-2005, 09:28 PM
avoid South Coast, Anaheim, Tustin and Long Beach .. all the same dishonest and unethical owner.

Just go to HB to save on the headache and hassle. Just let them know you are coming from SoCalEvo.net

Macky
02-10-2005, 09:40 PM
and if you need some moral support, a few of us Evo owners are within minutes of HB mitsu. we can show up and show support if need be :wink:

flo2877
02-10-2005, 09:46 PM
yha go to HB they got the best offer and best customer service.. i think almost half of the ppl here bought theres in HB.. like i did

Gear Grinder
02-10-2005, 09:54 PM
HB for sure. In fact I have to go there Saturday morn to get my brakes done. Stop by and I'll show you what not to do to an Evo. :wink:

WavMixer
02-10-2005, 10:13 PM

because hb is by far the best mitsu dealer in southern california. Great people that will give you a great deal.Ditto! I drove over 100 miles to HB mitsu to buy my car and I have a mitsu dealer 10 minutes away from home.

Macky
02-10-2005, 10:47 PM
me and my brother will be there saturday morning to help another friend buy an evo. so see you guys there 8)

j_nizzle
02-11-2005, 06:14 PM
what time macky? we can do a pre-meet meet. :D

EvoPwr
02-11-2005, 08:00 PM
So looks like everyone is gonna be there. When i go i will let them know that the socalevo tuners sent me :D. I am either going to be there tomorrow (Sat.) or on Sunday. How are they with their trade-in prices because i need to trade my slow go car in for some much needed $$$ for a down payment.

Macky
02-11-2005, 09:35 PM
what time macky? we can do a pre-meet meet. :D

ill be there between 9 and 10 onwards (we are helping a friend get an evo). i will be in the red MR because the white was just fully fueled, washed and waxed and wont be seeing any action till monday 8)

j_nizzle
02-11-2005, 11:56 PM
will you still go to the bike shop meet too? i might see you there if im not out at hb.

Macky
02-12-2005, 12:32 AM
im not sure if we can still make it, but we will try. we'll be at HB mitsu in the am though

nj1266
02-12-2005, 09:27 PM
More than likely I will get my EVO from HB by the end of the year. How is the dealership when it comes to servicing modded EVOs? Do they void warranties or do they turn a blind eye as long as the modifications are not major?

Macky
02-12-2005, 09:59 PM
there is a line between doing a routine service and bringing in an abused evo. it just so happens that most of the time the part (or parts) that break are caused (or have been related to) modifications on the car. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to distinguish between an abused Evo and a properly maintained (though modified) one. its not that they turn a blind eye, but be reasonable when you bring a car in for repairs.

if its your fault, dont try to weasel your way thru a warranty claim.

just wanted to make that perfectly clear. :wink:

nj1266
02-13-2005, 02:00 AM
there is a line between doing a routine service and bringing in an abused evo. it just so happens that most of the time the part (or parts) that break are caused (or have been related to) modifications on the car. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to distinguish between an abused Evo and a properly maintained (though modified) one. its not that they turn a blind eye, but be reasonable when you bring a car in for repairs.

if its your fault, dont try to weasel your way thru a warranty claim.

just wanted to make that perfectly clear. :wink:
No problem, Macky. I am very good at maintaining my cars and I am very good with a wrench. I just want to know what they would say if let us say I brough the car with a turbo back exhaust in order to service a busted shock. I do not want to deal with an anal dealership that is looking for any mod to void a warranty. If the mod is related to the broken part, then by all means deny me the warranty on that part.

Macky
02-13-2005, 02:02 AM
i see evos w/ exhausts there in the service bay. i dont and never heard any owner complain 8)

Chris in SD
02-13-2005, 02:08 AM
I am going to take my bow now for recommending HB Mitsu to you guys way back in the day.... I got mine there in April '03. Nothing but good people and quality service both in sales and service depts.

Tom rocks!! (Now if I could find a way to have him let me "demo" an Evo IX) :wink: