PDA

View Full Version : pic request/whose car is this?

apexstrafer
02-11-2005, 06:34 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album227/xs_parking_lot_6.sized.jpg

the white one to the far left with the kansai bumper... anyone know who owns this car and/or have any pictures of it?

IS2000
02-11-2005, 07:04 PM
I believe that's StreetImage's car.

*chris*
02-12-2005, 05:37 PM
that looks awesome for an aftermarket bumper. i didnt think kansai stuff was available yet. maybe i just havent been paying attention. looks great tho.

blackmagic
02-12-2005, 07:02 PM
That was my car. I sold it about a month ago to a good friend. I have plenty of pics. Just let me know what you're looking for.:)

IS2000
02-13-2005, 01:29 AM
That was my car. I sold it about a month ago to a good friend. I have plenty of pics. Just let me know what you're looking for.:)

Hey I saw your car today at my friend's wheel shop. Did you happen to sell those SF-Winning's because I didn't see them?

blackmagic
02-13-2005, 09:48 AM

Hey I saw your car today at my friend's wheel shop. Did you happen to sell those SF-Winning's because I didn't see them?

Ya, I sold the SF-Winnings a long time ago. They were too damn heavy. Screwed up the handling. I ended up replacing them w/some gold 17" 57's. They didn't look as nice as the SF-Winnings but they felt better.

apexstrafer
02-13-2005, 07:44 PM
your car is/was HOT. I LOVE that bumper. I'm thinking about ordering one soon and I'd like to see more pics of it.

could you post a couple of good, clear shots? from front, side and/or 3/4 angle? thanks!

blackmagic
02-14-2005, 09:18 AM
Here ya go bro. I hope this is what you're looking for.:) Let me know if you'd like to order one. We get kansai stuff all the time.:)

http://www.bui4ever.com/albums/evo8/adi.jpg

http://www.bui4ever.com/albums/evo8/adk.jpg

http://www.bui4ever.com/albums/evo8/adc.sized.jpg

http://www.bui4ever.com/albums/evo8/acz.sized.jpg

apexstrafer
02-14-2005, 10:48 AM
:drool: damn that's nice...

thanks! just wanted to see how it looks with the usdm rear bumper, since I'd only seen it with the jdm rear bumper.

gt40
02-14-2005, 10:52 AM
That does look sharp... Thanks for posting the pics.

leaveit2bevo
02-14-2005, 11:43 AM
thats the only kit ive seen that looks good with the stock ic.

blackmagic
02-14-2005, 02:24 PM
thanks guys. The really nice thing about the kansai bumper is you can keep the stock bumper beam w/it. I ended up sticking a pretty big fmic on and the bumper cleared w/out any problems.

CT9A RS
02-14-2005, 03:41 PM
looks sweet.

gofaster87
02-14-2005, 03:48 PM
thanks guys. The really nice thing about the kansai bumper is you can keep the stock bumper beam w/it. I ended up sticking a pretty big fmic on and the bumper cleared w/out any problems.

If youve ever played with the stock bumper beam youll know its useless. Its there to pass US import rules about crash safety. Unless its a really minor fender bender that beam wont do shit for the front end of the car. Even though Kent Jordons crash was much more than minor as an example, the bumper beam just sheared right off when the front end hit the ground. I sat there and looked at it and seemed as though it never was attached.

apexstrafer
02-14-2005, 04:02 PM
exactly, it's there as a mere formality and offers no safety benefit whatsoever.

blackmagic
02-14-2005, 06:35 PM
only problem is, if you get into a minor front end collision and the insurance company notices you have no front bumper beam. they may or may not cover the damages. Roll of the dice imo.

I agree that it provides no safety benefit. JDM front and rear bumpers are much cleaner and sleeker IMO.

bonestockevo8
02-14-2005, 11:00 PM
That bumper is so clean, two thumbs up.

flo2877
02-14-2005, 11:17 PM
now thats a beautiful bumper.. been thinking about getting that one question though, how low does it ride if you have the stock spring? or suspension?

apexstrafer
02-15-2005, 10:29 AM
nooo...don't put an aftermarket bumper on without lowering first

blackmagic
02-15-2005, 12:49 PM
now thats a beautiful bumper.. been thinking about getting that one question though, how low does it ride if you have the stock spring? or suspension?

I'm sorry, I can't really give an honest answer on that. I put the bumper on after I lowered the car.

CT9A RS
02-16-2005, 03:47 AM
thats a hot bumper. n looks clean enough to put on without lowering or wheels. But would just look that much better with a drop and wheels.

flo2877
02-16-2005, 10:56 PM

I'm sorry, I can't really give an honest answer on that. I put the bumper on after I lowered the car.

ok then let me rephrase.. how low does it ride w/ u lowering ur car...

blackmagic
02-16-2005, 11:26 PM

ok then let me rephrase.. how low does it ride w/ u lowering ur car...

It is definitely lower than the stock bumper. You have to take steep driveways and big speed bumps at an angle. My car was dropped a significant amount. If you go w/a less agressive drop, then i'm sure it wouldn't be too bad.

jjevo1
02-17-2005, 12:04 AM
that's sweet

FastCarsAre4Me
02-18-2005, 02:12 PM
That car really needs an Evo VII hood.

dlieu959
02-18-2005, 02:37 PM
white on gold looks bad ass! 8)

Chris in SD
02-18-2005, 02:43 PM
My bumper beam was intact after my accident. Also, the Monster Sport bumper that I had worked really well with the rest of the stock body. It didn't hang lower than the side sills, which is what almost every other bumper does.

blackmagic
02-18-2005, 03:55 PM
My bumper beam was intact after my accident. Also, the Monster Sport bumper that I had worked really well with the rest of the stock body. It didn't hang lower than the side sills, which is what almost every other bumper does.

Ya, the monster sport bumper is an awesome piece. The kansai and monster are pretty similar IMO. If I didn't go w/the kansai I would've gone w/the monster.

evoeddie
03-02-2005, 01:26 AM
that bumper looks great. what type of rims did you say those are? does the bumper sit lower then the rest of the stock body? or did it actually all look pretty even as far as height with the bumper?