PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to HID from Halogen any comments?

thrlskr
02-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Now that HID is no longer standard on the VIII any suggestion on a reputable upgrade. I don't have an EVO yet but I can't see down grading the lighting from the 350z!! I will be going even faster through the twisties at dawn and need as good as lights as possible.

I was quoted $3000 at a Mitsu dealership...um...hell no.

The EVO uses an H11 bulb and I have found a few companies that produce upgrades to HID in the $300-500 range anyone ever upgraded before on your 05 EVO or on another vehicle maybe.

I'm not interested in upgraded halogen bulbs producing blue light. I'm looking for bona-fide lumen producing, light up the back road, High Intesity Discharge lamps.

Any help is appreciated.

Nick

Macky
02-11-2005, 10:04 PM
the low beam bulb on an EVO is 9006. thats the same low beam on the accord sedan and the Mitsu 3000GT. HID kits are readily available, just get a kit that has the bulb of 9006 (for low beam) and you should be fine. that runs anywhere between 300-400 bucks nowadays.

that H11 is the fogs i believe.

thrlskr
02-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Macky,

Once again thanks you have answered both of my posts ( Are we the only two online on a Friday night? LOL). Anyway, thanks for the heads up 9006 vs. H11, could of been a big mistake.

Do know anyone with first hand experience with these kits. I am concerned with how quickly they turn on and get up to temp and how well postioned the arc is in the reflector etc...

Nick

Macky
02-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Macky,

Once again thanks you have answered both of my posts ( Are we the only two online on a Friday night? LOL). Anyway, thanks for the heads up 9006 vs. H11, could of been a big mistake.

Do know anyone with first hand experience with these kits. I am concerned with how quickly they turn on and get up to temp and how well postioned the arc is in the reflector etc...

Nick

i know someone on the boards with HID in their RS. ive seen it and it actually isnt bad. there isnt much glare simply because the low beam unit is still a projector housing. i had installed HIDs on my 3000GT before and i never had any issues.

if you do get HID, dont get a K rating of over 5000K. it may be more blue/violet but you lose light in exchange for color.

for reference. OEM HID is rated anywhere (depending on the manufacturer) between 4000K and 4300K.

thrlskr
02-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Can you find out what brand your friend went with and if he still thinks it was a worthwile upgrade?

Regarding color temperature, you're right. The human eyes is most sensitive in the light-yellow range so light in the that range provides the best visibility. The germans must use the 6000K range for aesthetic reasons (thought they are still much better than Halogen).

Nick

thrlskr
02-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Macky,

I think you are wrong about the 9006 vs. H11. Off the sylvania website:

2004 MITSUBISHI Lancer Evolution (With replaceable halogen capsules)

Low beam headlamp
H11-55W

High beam headlamp
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Halogen Upgrade: The Look of HID: Whitest, Brightest
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal

Parking light

Rear turn signal
1156A
1156AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style
1156ALL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Tail light

Stop light

High mount stop light

License plate

Back up light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarker

Dome light
DE3175

Trunk/Cargo area
DE3022

Nick

j_nizzle
02-12-2005, 12:15 AM
evoeightster has the hid's on his rs. pm him and he'll tell you his setup.

Macky
02-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Macky,

I think you are wrong about the 9006 vs. H11. Off the sylvania website:

2004 MITSUBISHI Lancer Evolution (With replaceable halogen capsules)

Low beam headlamp
H11-55W

Nick

brotha you are talking to someone who has done numerous HID installs on the 3000GT. i know my halogen bulbs.

here is a quote from the actual manual for the Evo:

Headlight, Lower Beam:
High Intensity Discharge Light - 35W - D2s
Halogen Light -51W - 9006(HB4)

front fog light (if so equipped)
55W - H11

page 7-42 and 7-43 of the 2005 Evo Manual. you can check it if you wish. ive seen the bulb. i know what it is :wink:

8)

itsa281
02-12-2005, 01:30 PM
:roll: macky is right ive replaced the low beams in my 03 viii and it uses hb4 (9006) the fog light is an h11 .i have found that piaa makes a nice replacement in a hyper white.

Boosted
02-12-2005, 01:37 PM
ok save alllll the money you were going to spend on HID's spend 30 bucks on a set of sylvania silverstar bulbs and buy a turbo back exhaust, mbc, injector, fuel pump Safc? something along those lines....

thrlskr
02-12-2005, 02:00 PM
:roll: macky is right ive replaced the low beams in my 03 viii and it uses hb4 (9006) the fog light is an h11 .i have found that piaa makes a nice replacement in a hyper white.

Thanks for the confirmation on the 9006! Sorry I doubted you Macky.

Nick

Macky
02-12-2005, 08:41 PM
hey np bro. glad to help 8)

Coolguy949
02-12-2005, 09:27 PM
If you're going to get an HID conversion kit, make sure you get a D2S setup for ellipsoidal housings (projectors). The Evo uses a 3" curve diameter lens. The stock bulbs are osram xenarc bulbs.

I'm sure there are people online that would be willing to trade your lights plus money for theirs. THe stock evo headlights weigh a lot and i'm sure someone building a race car would be willing to trade.

thrlskr
02-12-2005, 09:53 PM
If you're going to get an HID conversion kit, make sure you get a D2S setup for ellipsoidal housings (projectors). The Evo uses a 3" curve diameter lens. The stock bulbs are osram xenarc bulbs.

I'm sure there are people online that would be willing to trade your lights plus money for theirs. THe stock evo headlights weigh a lot and i'm sure someone building a race car would be willing to trade.

Good point; I like the way you think! If anyone reading this want to trade their OEM HID for New Halogens, plus the $300 an upgrade would set me back let me know. I should have an EVO within 6 weeks.

Thanks,

Nick

WavMixer
02-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Damn, I would love to trade my 05 GSR headlamps for 03-04 & 05 MR w/HID too. I never thought that anyone would want to downgrade. As for the fog light being a h11, this may be true for the 03-04 & 05 MR only, but the GSR has a fake chrome bubble where the fog light is supposed to be. No place to the h11.

thrlskr
02-13-2005, 01:47 AM
Damn, I would love to trade my 05 GSR headlamps for 03-04 & 05 MR w/HID too. I never thought that anyone would want to downgrade. As for the fog light being a h11, this may be true for the 03-04 & 05 MR only, but the GSR has a fake chrome bubble where the fog light is supposed to be. No place to the h11.

Get in line! :wink: :P

trinydex
02-14-2005, 10:23 AM
check out junk yards or people that have ruined their evos... there's lots... but most prolly don't have a sound hid kit for your to vulture, some may though... so definitely look into that option.

Wicked05
02-16-2005, 09:30 PM
i did mine....

...aftermarket Phillips 4300k HIDs from www.Xenondepot.com. I don't know how to attach pics here..but you can go to that site, and you'll see my car there.

Install was a pretty straight forward install...totally plug and play...but you gotta remove front bumper..that's the only sucky part......

I'd send you pics but i don't know how to attach them here...

but you can go here to view...

CT9A RS
02-23-2005, 04:55 PM
the 05 GSRs dont have foglights. Man thats weird. Well its chill i think the evo looks better without the foglights on neways.

rammsteinmatt
02-23-2005, 06:35 PM
the 05 GSRs dont have foglights. Man thats weird. Well its chill i think the evo looks better without the foglights on neways.

ahhhh? no fog lights those are nightitme apex lights, and they work so good

SER 2 EVO
05-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I was reading this one about HID's and saw that people mention the 8 doesnt come with HIDs anymore except on the MR. I was aware that the 05 MR came with HIDs and the 05 GSR and RS dont, but did the 03 and 04 8's come standard with HIDs?

EVO Neil
05-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I was reading this one about HID's and saw that people mention the 8 doesnt come with HIDs anymore except on the MR. I was aware that the 05 MR came with HIDs and the 05 GSR and RS dont, but did the 03 and 04 8's come standard with HIDs?

Yes, they did, except '04 RS.

airforce1
05-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Can you find out what brand your friend went with and if he still thinks it was a worthwile upgrade?

Regarding color temperature, you're right. The human eyes is most sensitive in the light-yellow range so light in the that range provides the best visibility. The germans must use the 6000K range for aesthetic reasons (thought they are still much better than Halogen).

Nick

Mmmm, incorrect on eyes being sensitive to the yellow range (650nm range). Specifically, the human eye is most sensitive to 555nm, corresponding to green under daylight conditions (photopic vision). What color do green traffic lights give off? You got it, 555nm! So green lights not are only symbolically recognizable, it has optical ramifications to us as well. Under night time conditions (scotopic), the eye is actually most sensitive at about 535nm corresponding to blue-green.

How does this relate to HIDs? Not much. Color temp of the HID plays a large role how much lumens (relative brightness) it radiates. our OEM 4100K actually gives out better lumens vs higher kelvin (i.e. bluer) bulbs. Apparently out trusty anally retentive Mitsu engineers know their stuff when it comes to proper choice of Kelvin HID. Take home message: don't be ricey and get the higher Kelvin bulbs (i.e. 5000K and above). Hope this helps!

go4broke
05-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Mmmm, incorrect on eyes being sensitive to the yellow range (650nm range). Specifically, the human eye is most sensitive to 555nm, corresponding to green under daylight conditions (photopic vision). What color do green traffic lights give off? You got it, 555nm! So green lights not are only symbolically recognizable, it has optical ramifications to us as well. Under night time conditions (scotopic), the eye is actually most sensitive at about 535nm corresponding to blue-green.

How does this relate to HIDs? Not much. Color temp of the HID plays a large role how much lumens (relative brightness) it radiates. our OEM 4100K actually gives out better lumens vs higher kelvin (i.e. bluer) bulbs. Apparently out trusty anally retentive Mitsu engineers know their stuff when it comes to proper choice of Kelvin HID. Take home message: don't be ricey and get the higher Kelvin bulbs (i.e. 5000K and above). Hope this helps!

haha...i wish you work on teeth rather than eyes...remember that asshole air force dentist i was tell you about? I'll never go back there....

airforce1
05-09-2005, 11:56 PM
wait.....what;s your name? I think you were talking about the major and you had to close your mouth. Don't piss off an AF dentist!

go4broke
05-10-2005, 12:12 AM
wait.....what;s your name? I think you were talking about the major and you had to close your mouth. Don't piss off an AF dentist!

vinny...he wasnt a major...he was a captain...i hope he passed over but i doubt it...damn you guys...hehe the only good experience i had with an air force doc was in iraq...gotta love the a/c tents hehe

Thero
06-07-2005, 09:43 AM
You Mind sending Install Pictures to [email protected] For me? Thanks bro.

Also It doesn't say what 1 kit includes as in is that for one headlight or for a set of headlights? Thanks for the help again.

Alex

i did mine....

...aftermarket Phillips 4300k HIDs from www.Xenondepot.com. I don't know how to attach pics here..but you can go to that site, and you'll see my car there.

Install was a pretty straight forward install...totally plug and play...but you gotta remove front bumper..that's the only sucky part......

I'd send you pics but i don't know how to attach them here...

but you can go here to view...

lagcisco
06-08-2005, 08:19 PM
how much better are these HIDs than the stock lights on an 05 GSR?

is it worth the price? how do they compare to the highbeams?

Wicked05
06-12-2005, 11:33 AM
[quote="Thero"]You Mind sending Install Pictures to [email protected] For me? Thanks bro.

Also It doesn't say what 1 kit includes as in is that for one headlight or for a set of headlights? Thanks for the help again.

Alex

here are some pics....I wasn't able to document the WHOLE install...but I least was able to click of a couple pics....

and yes....the kit comes with both left and right ballasts....Phillips 9006 HID kit....

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wOTYzODg5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wOTYzODkwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wOTYzODkxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wOTYzODkyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

lagcisco: Yes it is alot better and brighter than stock....to me it's worth it...

Macky
06-12-2005, 09:01 PM
where did you get that single module kit? and how much?

silvery_eagle
06-26-2005, 12:31 PM
so the kits from xenondepot.com comes with everything that's ever needed? i have 05 gsr and doesn't have any switch for FOG light...

rammsteinmatt
06-26-2005, 12:46 PM
ahh, im very interested in this. wicked, did you get fog lights with the kit you bought? if so did it have a switch for the dash? and which part(kit) number did you buy

Wicked05
07-06-2005, 01:55 AM
so the kits from xenondepot.com comes with everything that's ever needed? i have 05 gsr and doesn't have any switch for FOG light...

the xenondepot.com kit is only for the 9006 conversion of the main driving lamps....

since the base 05 GSR does not have a fog light option, you won't be able to mount any auxilary lamps.....unless you do what Noel (Solarxclipse) did with his and mount them behind the front left/right air scoops........

...in which case you will need to add a remote switch yourself and the corresponding relays and fuses.....

I hope this answers your query as well Matt.....

Macky (what's up bro), I got the kit for like $400 bucks (when they were selling for $579) cuz I was the first EVO to run their kit...but now..I think it's like cheaper....$379 or so......awesome pricing....I'm guessing the reason for the price cut is due to competition with other brands....

good luck guys....

WhiteEvoRS
07-06-2005, 09:30 AM
well i guess im getting my HID kit next week for sure!!!!!!!!! :D

Macky
07-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Macky (what's up bro), I got the kit for like $400 bucks (when they were selling for $579) cuz I was the first EVO to run their kit...but now..I think it's like cheaper....$379 or so......awesome pricing....I'm guessing the reason for the price cut is due to competition with other brands....

good luck guys....

really? 379 is a good price, i might eventually get HID fogs. either for the evo or the montero.

anyways, hope to see you soon bro 8)

silvery_eagle
07-06-2005, 10:35 PM

the xenondepot.com kit is only for the 9006 conversion of the main driving lamps....

since the base 05 GSR does not have a fog light option, you won't be able to mount any auxilary lamps.....unless you do what Noel (Solarxclipse) did with his and mount them behind the front left/right air scoops........

...in which case you will need to add a remote switch yourself and the corresponding relays and fuses.....

good luck guys....

ERM.... dont really understand what you are saying... but. if you mean there wont be wiring for the switch to the fog light, can we just connect the high beam + fog light together or the regular light + fog light when turn them on? would that solve / or elimiate the switch thingy?

Wicked05
07-16-2005, 02:20 PM

good luck guys....

ERM.... dont really understand what you are saying... but. if you mean there wont be wiring for the switch to the fog light, can we just connect the high beam + fog light together or the regular light + fog light when turn them on? would that solve / or elimiate the switch thingy?

Ok...let me just clarify, cuz me thinks we are talking about two different GSR models.

If you have a base 05 GSR (or RS for that matter)...withOUT SSL (which is what I have), there is no foglight option. Therefore, no foglight switch...and your main headlamps (9006 Halogen)...would be the only thing you can upgrade.

If you want foglights on a base GSR (with no SSL), you can do it custome like what Noel did and add your own auxilary fogs with separate swtiches, etc....make sense? Seeing as how you said you don't have a foglight switch tells me you don't have SSL....

If you HAVE the SSL option that already came with HID's and foglights, then obviously there is a switch...and yes, you can upgrade the fogs, and use the existing switch....

Xenondepot carries plug and play kits for the main Halogens (for those who have base GSRs w/out SSL).....

...and they also carry foglight upgrades (for those who have SSL and want to upgrade the foglights)....these, too, should be plug and play as well...

It will hook up to the existing fog light switch....I've already installed one on my buddy's EVO and it looks badass......

Did I get it right this time?....sorry if I wasn't clear on the explanation before...I assumed you had a base GSR as well without SSL....

rammsteinmatt
07-16-2005, 02:26 PM
wicked, what do you think about cracking open the headlight housings, and cutting out the chrome ball where the fogs are suppose to go?

Wicked05
07-16-2005, 02:33 PM
wicked, what do you think about cracking open the headlight housings, and cutting out the chrome ball where the fogs are suppose to go?

you know....

I thought about doing that too...and maybe find a used EVO foglight housing that would fit....but haven't dug too deep into researching that yet. But it did cross my mind.

My ride is still new and I haven't had the balls to cut upen my headlamps yet...lol....although it will be in the works....I'll probably black them out. Just not yet..no time cuz my wife and I just had a baby girl a couple months ago, and we've been quite busy...but it is in the works...

Getting the base GSR was worth sacrificing the fogs, leather and radio to save money. With the aftermarket HIDs, I have no complaints about visibility.

If you find a way...keep me posted...I'm sure it is totally possible...take care

Kiet

rammsteinmatt
07-16-2005, 02:47 PM
when you buy the foglights, is it just going to be the bulb and the wiring/plug thingy; but not the actual cup shaped reflector? because all you would have to do, i think, is find one that is approximately the same size, and just cut to fit.

my car is also really new, 7 weeks, and im kinda weary about cutting them, but nobody wants to trade their HIDs from the '30-'04 they are selling so these are desperate times. i might just take it to the dealer, but im not really rich so thats a bad option

Wicked05
07-16-2005, 03:07 PM
when you buy the foglights, is it just going to be the bulb and the wiring/plug thingy; but not the actual cup shaped reflector? because all you would have to do, i think, is find one that is approximately the same size, and just cut to fit.

my car is also really new, 7 weeks, and im kinda weary about cutting them, but nobody wants to trade their HIDs from the '30-'04 they are selling so these are desperate times. i might just take it to the dealer, but im not really rich so thats a bad option

well...i'm sure if you buy the oem one they should have the reflector, plug, and wiring...they should sell it as a set...but not sure.....

but yeah..i guess you could find a suitable-sized replacement that will fit.

Only thing is....when you retrofit with a replacement reflector housing...the end result might not be as functional as you would like. Like if it wasn't aimed right and the beam pattern ends up shining in all crazy directions...ya know?

yeah...i ain't too rich either...i'm sure if i saw the actual oem fog light from the dealer, it would change my mind. Who knows, maybe the fake reflector is actually a cap that can be removed...wouldn't that be nice...

rammsteinmatt
07-16-2005, 03:38 PM
...wouldn't that be nice...

very nice

silvery_eagle
07-20-2005, 12:28 AM
thanks for the clarifications Wicked05...
yes i have base GSR only...
who is noel by the way.. i might want to check and see the result and how he did it :)

vboy425, is your Evo 05 GSR with NO SSL?

turtlexevo
07-20-2005, 01:47 AM
HiD's on my RS right here

http://onfinite.com/libraries/542548/c03.jpg

WhiteEvoRS
07-20-2005, 09:53 AM
those came out good!!!!!!

itsnino
07-20-2005, 03:43 PM
i have an 05 gsr without the SSL pkg. all want to do is just change my halogens to HIDS. i dont even mind my fake fog light. basically i just want to know what kit to get, where to get them, how much they are and how hard is the install.

and when you guys mean "kit" does that mean i have to change out the whole housing or do i just change the bulb. im so confused.

Thero
07-20-2005, 03:45 PM
i have an 05 gsr without the SSL pkg. all want to do is just change my halogens to HIDS. i dont even mind my fake fog light. basically i just want to know what kit to get, where to get them, how much they are and how hard is the install.

and when you guys mean "kit" does that mean i have to change out the whole housing or do i just change the bulb. im so confused.

From My Understanding its just the bulb and some box that is connected to the blub I think. I bought my kit and it looks like Chinese Writing to me but from what I see thats pretty much it.

Wicked05
07-23-2005, 02:12 AM
thanks for the clarifications Wicked05...
yes i have base GSR only...
who is noel by the way.. i might want to check and see the result and how he did it :)

vboy425, is your Evo 05 GSR with NO SSL?

here's Noel's gallery....nice guy by the way....

http://www.socalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album20&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=2

Wicked05
07-23-2005, 02:51 AM

From My Understanding its just the bulb and some box that is connected to the blub I think. I bought my kit and it looks like Chinese Writing to me but from what I see thats pretty much it.

I second that....

You basically get 2 Capsule Bulbs, 2 Ballasts, and wiring harness to tap into existing headlamp harness...it's basic plug and play.

There are alot of kits out there...just do your research and you will find the one that best suites you...but be ready...there are ALOT of kits out there.

Also, beware of cheap brands...cuz they get hot....real hot...and they don't last as long. Ask around and see who has what...

I researched like hell...and found my kit at xenondepot.com...

...good luck...

rammsteinmatt
07-24-2005, 01:07 PM
ok i found this (http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=71)

you think it'll work?

6" long, 4.25" wide, 3.75" high, lens is 3", 4300k.

i dont want a conversion kit, because i want to use the [stock] halogen as a foglight. you think that'll work as well?

Wicked05
07-24-2005, 11:58 PM
ya know...that could work....

the 'fake' dome does look about 3'....and about 6' deep...

hmmm....that is worth a shot..

....wonder if they are adjustable for horizontal and vertical...for aiming purposes....

...I'll email my contact there to ask....

If you're not converting your low beams and wanting to use them as fogs....what are you gonna use for your low beams?

....as far as using your (stock) halogens as foglights...don't know how that would play out. Reason being....most conversion kits utilize your stock headlamp connectors for power (thus, the plug and play factor of these kits).

If you convert your main drive lamps to HID, the connector will be taken, and thus you won't be able to move it over to use as a foglight.

...only (easy) way to retrofit a fog and have your main low beam converted to HID, would be to wire up the fog set separately with a standard stand-alone circuit (fogs, wiring, fuse, relay, and separate external switch), away from the main oem harness....you could get fancy and tap into your harness for power, but that may be more work than it's worth.

...I think Goose has a good thing going here http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11130

...he'll be wiring his fogs totally stand-alone...and I think that would work best...

...man..i wish i had the dough to purchase the projectors....

rammsteinmatt
07-25-2005, 09:25 AM
what i was thinking with this (and hopefully my assumptions are true)

the lights i posted, where standalone lights, not conversions that use existing lights (im hoping)

i can move the halogen down, stay pluged into the OEM harness. then (hopefully) splice the HIDs into the halogen harness. therefore when i turn on the lights (basic headlight) the halogen foglight will come on, AND the HID that was spliced in will also get power and turn on.

however i dont know if they have the same wires that i can splice, i dont know if this is even possible, or safe. and the HIDs that i posted have a high beam built in so maybe during a night run i could have 2 high beams foglights......and a dead battery

it was all just a thought, kinda like recycling lights to try and save money, but i have realized that when trying to save money with this car, something goes wrong :(

Wicked05
07-25-2005, 09:41 AM
what i was thinking with this (and hopefully my assumptions are true)

the lights i posted, where standalone lights, not conversions that use existing lights (im hoping)

i can move the halogen down, stay pluged into the OEM harness. then (hopefully) splice the HIDs into the halogen harness. therefore when i turn on the lights (basic headlight) the halogen foglight will come on, AND the HID that was spliced in will also get power and turn on.

however i dont know if they have the same wires that i can splice, i dont know if this is even possible, or safe. and the HIDs that i posted have a high beam built in so maybe during a night run i could have 2 high beams foglights......and a dead battery

it was all just a thought, kinda like recycling lights to try and save money, but i have realized that when trying to save money with this car, something goes wrong :(

LOL....SO TRUE, MY FRIEND, SO TRUE...but you know what...you got a good idea though...

...since we do have a 9006 connector...it's a basic plug..so it 'would' be easy to splice into the 2-3 oem wires to give power to the HID Conversion ballast.

It makes sense....that way, when you hit the lights...BOTH will come on and stay on at all times......I would think it would be safe, since each component (stock halogen, and HID retrofit), will have corresponding relays and fuses for protection......aaaahh...I see now.....

maybe tonight, i can take a pick of my HID connector where it meets the OEM plug....and you can take a look at it....

anyhow...my contact at Xenondepot said the kit has NO adustments...so if you retrofit, you will need to aim it before you glue it onto your housing......

Kiet

rammsteinmatt
07-25-2005, 09:48 AM
thanks for all that information, it was tons of help....and reassurance that i had not gone crazy.

the adjuster thing isnt really a problem, because once the headlights are at a position, i dont see a reason to move them (like in a HID evo how they can move them) i never knew why yow would want to do that, so thats good (less money to spend for parts)

and i noticed that most/some evo owners drive with headlights ano foglights on at the same time, because that is cool or something, but it'll save me a heck of a lot of work by just splicing instead of rewiring a whole new switch

Wicked05
07-25-2005, 09:51 AM
np...i'll be back on later...

gotta get back to work...haha.....