PDA

View Full Version : Blow-off Valve

EvoPwr
02-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Now that i got my Evo MR i am looking into getting a blow-off valve. Any suggestions of what brand? And where to get it installed? Thanks. Also any information about pros and cons about these would be greatly apprieciated.

CJexJiggy
02-13-2005, 01:42 PM
get the MR blow off valve off of here: http://www.z1auto.com/submodel.asp?model=evo&cat=turbo

leaveit2bevo
02-13-2005, 01:44 PM
is this your first mod?

Vanilla Sky
02-13-2005, 02:00 PM
you have a MR right? the MR models come with a metal BOV ? i hear those r good

daveguitar
02-13-2005, 02:08 PM
No metal BOV on US MRs.

Boosted
02-13-2005, 03:17 PM
you have a MR right? the MR models come with a metal BOV ? i hear those r good

wrong, that is only on the JDM MR, which is a great upgrade from stock. But I dont see any reason as to why you wouldn eed another blowoff valce? do you get boost leak with your stock one? are you planning on upping the boost? otherwise your stock one should be fine. if you getting boost leak just get the JDM MR.

rammsteinmatt
02-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Now that i got my Evo MR i am looking into getting a blow-off valve. Any suggestions of what brand? And where to get it installed? Thanks. Also any information about pros and cons about these would be greatly apprieciated.

so youre getting an aftermarket BOV because the stocker works fine?....ok, i guess that high pressure air sound i kinda cool :roll:

CT9A RS
02-13-2005, 11:05 PM
he wants the pshhh sound. Umm well to let u know i heard that blow off valves are now illegal not for smog issues as some popo might try to say but because its a road distraction like misuse of ur horn.

Neways HKS has a high tight whistle sound. Greddys type S is pretty close high sound . Apexi is like a khuuh sound. sorry lol

check this page. Its an old one from when i had my s13 but the links might still work. http://alltrac.net/tuning/blowoffvalve.html

EvoPwr
02-13-2005, 11:08 PM
he wants the pshhh sound. Umm well to let u know i heard that blow off valves are now illegal not for smog issues as some popo might try to say but because its a road distraction like misuse of ur horn.

Neways HKS has a high tight whistle sound. Greddys type S is pretty close high sound . Apexi is like a khuuh sound. sorry lol

check this page. Its an old one from when i had my s13 but the links might still work. http://alltrac.net/tuning/blowoffvalve.html

illegal huh...hmmm is it really worth the hassel? i guess not, oh well money to go to something else. Thanx

leaveit2bevo
02-13-2005, 11:14 PM
its not illegal, but invest in a different mod like a 3inch exhaust system or mbc.

EvoPwr
02-13-2005, 11:19 PM
its not illegal, but invest in a different mod like a 3inch exhaust system or mbc.

well i am already putting another exhaust in also. i might just change the intake dont know if going just for the filter or the whole intake.

leaveit2bevo
02-13-2005, 11:22 PM
youll hear different sides about just a drop in filter or intake, if you want to hear the turbo and the bov noise get a intake. Bushurs intake showed gains with out tuning.

EvoPwr
02-13-2005, 11:24 PM
youll hear different sides about just a drop in filter or intake, if you want to hear the turbo and the bov noise get a intake. Bushurs intake showed gains with out tuning.

dropping in a new intake will give more power, and you'll hear the actual air release once off of the gas?

leaveit2bevo
02-13-2005, 11:25 PM
yep youll hear turbo howl and the stock dv go wooooshhhhhhhhhhh

EvoPwr
02-13-2005, 11:28 PM
wooooshhhhhhhhhhh

that is seriously the best spelling i have ever seen for a sound! LOL

thanks.

Motion Garage
02-14-2005, 12:49 AM
www.myevostore.com

brian