PDA

View Full Version : Street Pads?

grico42
02-14-2005, 11:38 AM
I need new rear brake pads. Like some other people my rear pads wore out before my front pads. I am looking for pads that wont squeal everytime i step on the breaks, but still have good grip. Anyone know of a set of pads that fit that style of driving?

Does anyone carry these pads local?

i looked here of the forums, but everyone wants race pads or does reviews on race pads.

Chris in SD
02-14-2005, 11:46 AM
The Endless SS-S pads are outstanding for winding roads and some light track work. I ran them full-time on my street/daily-driver Evo. A few other guys here use them and they are outstanding. No accelerated rotor wear or excessive noise (esp. if you use anti-squeal on the shims).

Not too expensive either. I know Z1Auto, 500WHP, myevostore, etc. carry them.

Chris

kimletrim
02-14-2005, 12:49 PM
the Hawk HPS are good for the job. Although I had minor squeals for the front (either from not resurfacing rotor or from under lubrication), but the rears are very quiet. they produce a tad less brake dust than the stockers. I think these are the cheapest performance pads out there.

Here is where I got mine:http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/viewproduct~Mitsubishi~Lancer~~Brakes~Brake_Pads~. html