PDA

View Full Version : Who was the owner of the red Evo @ Huntington Mitsu dealer?

Tuco
02-14-2005, 05:33 PM
I've been thinking of getting a used Evo ever since I started to do more track days. Anyhow, stopped by the dealership today and checked out the silver one and a red one. They both looked nice but noticed the red one had a socalevo sticker on it. Knowing the life these cars lead, it's a roll of the dice as to whether or not I'd be getting one that was well taken care of or simply put away wet. But thought I'd check here to see if anyone had any input re: getting a used machine.

thx,

T.

toku-one
02-14-2005, 05:37 PM
i bought used from a guy that ran the canyons nightly and had some track days.
had a mechanic look it over, he said it looked good (aside from needing rotors and pads)
found out the wastegate actuator was blown too ($170 fix)

no complaints otherwise.

although, that red one might have been moogles. id steer clear of it if it was.

j_nizzle
02-14-2005, 06:04 PM
i think someone found terrance's car...

Tuco
02-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Lol, Moogles eh? Supposedly it was traded in for an MR. But of course they said the same thing for the silver one too.

j_nizzle
02-14-2005, 06:26 PM
moogle's name is terrance?! i was talking about macky's brother. he traded his red gsr for a red mr recently. and he had socalevo stickers on that car. and besides, moogle has a brand new electric blue evo if im right. i doubt he's trade that for an mr.

ErroR
02-14-2005, 06:52 PM
That is most likely Terrance's car. Rest assured it is a good buy, I don't think he ever hit 6000 rpm.

toku-one
02-14-2005, 06:55 PM
looking it up i think moogles was silver. hes had a black, silver, and now blue.
althoug pming him would be better off. you want to avoid the car he had

gofaster87
02-14-2005, 07:36 PM
looking it up i think moogles was silver. hes had a black, silver, and now blue.
althoug pming him would be better off. you want to avoid the car he had

Its jinxed if its moogles

EvoRution
02-14-2005, 07:37 PM
How many miles on the silver one? If it's under 7000 miles, it's my old car

I've been thinking of getting a used Evo ever since I started to do more track days. Anyhow, stopped by the dealership today and checked out the silver one and a red one. They both looked nice but noticed the red one had a socalevo sticker on it. Knowing the life these cars lead, it's a roll of the dice as to whether or not I'd be getting one that was well taken care of or simply put away wet. But thought I'd check here to see if anyone had any input re: getting a used machine.

thx,

T.

rammsteinmatt
02-14-2005, 07:39 PM
the red one at Huntington should be Macky's (brother's) car just got tradeden in a week ago i think. macky should know, huntington is home base for him

Macky
02-14-2005, 08:31 PM
That is most likely Terrance's car. Rest assured it is a good buy, I don't think he ever hit 6000 rpm.

its Terence, and yes thats the one.

Tuco
02-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Funny the red one was noted as being in an accident...was the hood crinkled? Cause I thought it looked to have had some scratch marks showing through as if someone didn't do a fine sand job on the bondo.

I was actually looking more closely at the silver one and yes, it was low miles (don't remember actual amount). It was an '03 and I thought it was odd to have such a low amount....evorution can you pm me the scoop on this car if it was yours? It has a very slight scape on the side of the right rear bumper but nothing else for identification. btw, the red one has the MR rooftop air foil and a boost guage.

I have an Audi S4 and am thinking of trading in for the Evo as I want something more trackable and don't feel like putting a few $k into mine to compensate for brakes, tires, etc.

thx

Macky
02-14-2005, 08:37 PM
when were you there?

GokuSSJ4
02-14-2005, 08:48 PM
please contact Macky via PM for details about this car, since it belonged to his brother.

CT9A RS
02-15-2005, 01:00 AM
For the man.

But it only takes 5 mm.

Macky
02-15-2005, 10:15 AM
guys i have spoken to the thread starter about this, please refrain from making further comments to this thread.