PDA

View Full Version : need a little help fellas

wsEVO562
02-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Like the post says I need some help. Just wondering if any one is willing to let me borrow or sell me their front licence plate assembly..Reason being I got a lame ass fix-it ticket...

so yeah if your close to long beach or down to help me out get me back.

wsEVO562
02-16-2005, 12:26 PM
c'mon I know somebody has this just sittin around the house... :wink:

WavMixer
02-16-2005, 12:38 PM
I live in Palmdale, you can borrow mine if you like, long enought to get your ticket written off. PM me.

evolved
02-17-2005, 10:13 AM
I am a little farther south in Oceanside, but if you need to borrow it, No problem. Just P.M. me.

leaveit2bevo
02-17-2005, 01:30 PM
just find another evo with the same color that has the front plates and take that one.

wsEVO562
02-17-2005, 01:35 PM
I am a little farther south in Oceanside, but if you need to borrow it, No problem. Just P.M. me.

damn, I was down at Pendleton last week too for a memorial..

rino
02-17-2005, 03:35 PM
you can make one: home depot

ScoobySteve
02-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Dude all you need is some chop sticks, duct tape and fairy dust :D

wsEVO562
02-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Dude all you need is some chop sticks, duct tape and fairy dust :D

sure buddy :wink:

Blaze
02-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Like the post says I need some help. Just wondering if any one is willing to let me borrow or sell me their front licence plate assembly..Reason being I got a lame ass fix-it ticket...

I have mine. I'll be at the OC meet this evening if you need it. PM me to discuss details.

Blaze

EVOate909
02-17-2005, 07:57 PM
i have mine as well im in the IE :P

onesicklambo
02-17-2005, 08:15 PM
i got a ticket for no fornt plate...went home got a peice of metal...bent it in kind of like an "L"..attached it to my bumper, and then the plate..and bingo..went down to CHP

GottMogen
02-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Why not just display your front plate in the windshield? Thats what I do and never get hassled. :roll:

nurb2
02-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Why not just display your front plate in the windshield? Thats what I do and never get hassled. :roll:
You've just gotten lucky. They will ticket you for that ... probably more than for no front plate since it stands out so much.

An interesting thing about front plates is you CANNOT legally be issued a "red light camera" ticket unless the picture shows a clear, unobstructed view of the driver AND the front plate. No front plate, no red light camera ticket. They can't get you with just a picture of you and your rear plate.

Fix it tickets for the front plate are $10 each, so you'd need 27 of them to make up for one red light camera ticket, which are $271.00 each. Of course if you have a car with a lot of other potential "violations" on it, then putting a front plate on to lessen the "excuse" a cop has for pulling you over might be wise, but otherwise it makes no sense.

-nurb2-

Miss Evo8
02-18-2005, 04:54 PM
You can alway zip-tye the plate through the grating for a temporary fix! I've done that with my plate on my old honda when I got a fix it ticket for no front plate. :D

Evo-8
02-18-2005, 04:57 PM

U dont need that shit man. just zip tie that shit to ur bumper, have them check it off and take it back off. thats what i did.

bonestockevo8
02-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Jay, its Jason, we traded spoilers....I got one that I havent even touched yet....I'll let you borrow it if you want, but I think you should just ziptie it onto the bumper, that way you dont have to drill holes for the bracket thing. If you still want it just hit me up bro, later

pretendo21
02-19-2005, 01:27 AM
agh! i have my plate on my windshield too. im scared now. i really dont want to drill a hole on my bumper. any other ways of safely and securely attatching it to the bumper without drilling any holes?

8-AGAIN
02-19-2005, 08:16 AM
Just put it on and youll be ok.....

If you go out on the week ends and dont want to be pulled over after hanging out with friends all night,its better to have it on......

No front tint and a front plate thats mounted gives the law minimal reasons to pull you(less chance of getting taged for mods)......

Do what you want though.....Just remeber that no front plate is illegal.....

WavMixer
02-19-2005, 09:29 AM
I've been enjoying going plateless in the front while waiting for my plates to arrive from the DMV.

wsEVO562
02-19-2005, 02:31 PM
thanks for all the replies ya'll.. I thought bout doing the zip-tie thing, but a homie of mine tried that like 2 weeks ago and the pigs told him to, get the fucc outa there, and get the real hardware for the plate..literaly

so I'm sketchy now, I'll probally end up doing the zip-ties cuz its due on the 1st of march. Hope these foolz don't trip, I'll keep ya'll posted