PDA

View Full Version : What's up, thats right, I'm new

high_r0ller
02-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Hey, hows it goin?? I am new to this here site called socalevo.net. I live in Huntington Beach and I am thinking of getting an evoVIII, right now I have a f-150. I used to own a wrx. How does it compare, do you think I will like it??

JanSolo
02-17-2005, 11:26 PM
No comparison. The Evo is better in just about every way compared to the WRX, stock for stock. Start modding and you'll be even more convinced.

As a former WRX owner (okay my wife owned it), I could not believe that people actually paid money for them willingly. Huge bus like steering wheel, loads of understeer (say that with a British accent), pathetic tires, transmission that dies when you give it anything near 300hp. On the other hand, the Evo has much better: steering, seats, tires, brakes, handling, power potential and transmission, to name a few.

What does suck on the Evo is the turning radius (some u turns become 3 point turns), gauges that you need a magnifying glass for, and an interior that would only impress a person who had never seen a car before - like Goku, who comes from a country where they have no cars, only oxes that pull wood carts they build from the trees near the plantation where he used to grow coca leaves.

Just take it for a test drive and you'll be convinced.

leaveit2bevo
02-17-2005, 11:58 PM
gauges that you need a magnifying glass for, and an interior that would only impress a person who had never seen a car before - like Goku, who comes from a country where they have no cars, only oxes that pull wood carts they build from the trees near the plantation where he used to grow coca leaves.

so true

Miss Evo8
02-18-2005, 01:18 AM
Hey I like the spartan no nonsense plastic interior! OK it could use some improvement but if you mod your Evo it's fun to unleash the beast on the wrx's :twisted: Well you can do that stock too!!!!

subgraphic
02-18-2005, 05:58 PM
"I am new to this here site called socalevo.net."

Well yeeeee haaaawwww!
Put yer boots on and grab the shot gun, we gonna have our selves a ho down!