PDA

View Full Version : wats up fellow current/future evo drivers!!!

itsnino
02-19-2005, 03:12 PM
this is my first post here, but ive been lookin at this site for quite a bit now. im from fullerton and just wanted to say what up!

this is my dilemma. im pretty sure this type of thread has been killed hundred fold, but i couldnt find sufficient answers. here it goes:

i currently have a 2004 chevrolet silverado 1500 LT (fully loaded). i knew what i was getting myself into gas-wise but a good friend of mine pulled me into the darkside with the evo... man, that first drive was amazing to say the least... now, a year later full of denial, i want to trade my truck in. i owe about $25k and it bluebooks (high) at around $24k, i think. i really want an evo but its hard to negotiate on a good OTD price when i still have to haggle on a fair trade-in. i did visit southcoast mitsu, but the fleet manager himself was quoting me at $650/mo for 7yrs for 5.6%... i also do loans at my work and have my hands on a loan calc and that seems way too steep. :x

i guess i just need advice on:
1. which dealer (hb mitsu?)
2. how to propose a fair deal so that i wont loose too much on my trade and get a nice OTD price

if all else fails, ill take it as a win and sit comfortably in my truck. of course, i would LOVE an evo! :D

sorry if this thread is dead, but i just needed some help!!! thanks in advance.

CT9A RS
02-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Well basically you are saying you want to finance the whole price of the Evo. 650 sounds good. U should basically be hoping that the dealership will take ur car with no penalty to you seeing as ur upside down. I suggest dropping all luxuries for a couple months save up for a downpayment and then get an Evo and go through HB Mitsu i hear they are good on their prices.

rammsteinmatt
02-19-2005, 09:46 PM
talk to moogle, he knows about buying with no down payments, and he can hopefully steer you in the right direction

BOVBILLY
02-19-2005, 09:47 PM
$650.00 IS GOOD. I SAY DO IT!

OR BUY A USED ONE!

Macky
02-19-2005, 10:31 PM
that deal actually is average for an Evo, especially if you have a big negative. not to sound offensive but p/u trucks dont really have that high of a resale value, as do most american cars. so your deal is actually quite reasonable.

but if you do want an Evo, HB itsu is the place to go 8)

itsnino
02-21-2005, 10:25 AM
i guess i will be on a brokeman's diet... ill be saving all the money that i can, but 15mpg doesnt really help. thanks everyone!

however, as for the deal. its not that great. the guy was trying to hustle me. he said he can give me around $20k - $22.5k. i owe about $25k still. if hes charging me 5.6% for 72 months, that means the final price we are haggling with is $40k. so even if he gives me only $20k for my truck trade in, that still means the OTD price for a base model 2005 evo VIII is at $35k. i dont think thats fair at all. i used to do motorhome financing here at my work, thats how i figured out that he was trying to play me. i thought fleet managers dont try to rip u off. but the fleet manager at southcoast is a just as bad as a regular sales person there.

gevo
02-21-2005, 11:42 AM
i guess i will be on a brokeman's diet... ill be saving all the money that i can, but 15mpg doesnt really help. thanks everyone!

Depending on how you drive, you may get the same MPG with the Evo. Also factor in the added cost of 91oct and it's prolly a wash.

itsnino
02-21-2005, 11:49 AM
then i guess i better stay in school and add mechanical engineering major so that i can creat hydrogen cells for evos. hahaa..

i thought evos would be a bit better, oh well...

gofaster87
02-21-2005, 12:10 PM
$650/mo for 7yrs for 5.6% is horrible. What evo were you looking at? Youre better off seelling the truck on your own to pay it off. Trade ins are never going to go well. I decided to keep my silverado because Evos are not very good for utility(picking up engines, car parts, wood, etc.)

Gear Grinder
02-21-2005, 01:18 PM
I had the same problem. I had just purchaced a 2003 Dakota R/T. When I found out about the Evolution. To make a long story short, I had to take $6000 loss to get in to my 2003 Evo. I have not regreted it at all.
The best dealer is Huntington Beach Mitsubishi.

rino
02-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Stay away from South Coast Mitsubishi
http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5686

HB Mitsu is the place to go

itsnino
02-21-2005, 03:04 PM
thanks for making me feel less of an idiot gear grinder. i was completely satisfied with my truck (still am) then i went to a car meet here art fullerton in-n-out with my friends scooby and evo. we were bored and i was askin all these questions about the evo. my friend told me to jump on the passenger seat. we went into some back alley. i dont care much about g-forces cause im a rollercoaster fanatic, but once he launched it and slowed after three gears, i couldnt stop smiling. we went to mocasalsa (mexican food) by my house and saw another friends evo. he told me he traded his ford lightning after getting smoked by an evo. man, damn everyone with their evos, hahahaha. i was such a happy camper with my truck. now look at me, tired college student, in an evo forum and i dont even have anything close to an evo. guys, just keep taking pictures of ur sweet rides and that should suffice my need for an evo, well at least until i decide to get one!!!

wish me luck

*** oh yeah, i jsut read the thread on southcoast last week. i ditched two days of school last month jsut to talk to them. bastards... thanks guys!

moogle
02-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Go to HB MITSU and talk to the owner or 2nd in command there.

There is no secret, just be honest with what you can afford and tell them thats it. Of course their going to give u what they think its reasonable, but don't budge. $650 a month for an evo sounds just a bit steep especially for 72 months! since ur on the downside w/no downpayment than that sounds right, but I know u can get it just a tad lower. I was 3k on the upside w/no downpayment so I got mine an ok deal.

itsnino
02-21-2005, 03:39 PM
the highest offering ive gotten for my trade was $23k and i owe $25k so in THIS certain case im only upside down $2k which isnt too bad. if i could get that deal with a low OTD, then i can be looking at $33.5k if im quoted at an OTD of $31.5k... if im lucky. thats y i might just lay low and save for a bit, either that or just buy a WRX =( which isnt bad but it isnt an EVO...

Gear Grinder
02-21-2005, 08:36 PM
thanks for making me feel less of an idiot gear grinder. i was completely satisfied with my truck (still am) then i went to a car meet here art fullerton in-n-out with my friends scooby and evo. we were bored and i was askin all these questions about the evo. my friend told me to jump on the passenger seat. we went into some back alley. i dont care much about g-forces cause im a rollercoaster fanatic, but once he launched it and slowed after three gears, i couldnt stop smiling. we went to mocasalsa (mexican food) by my house and saw another friends evo. he told me he traded his ford lightning after getting smoked by an evo. man, damn everyone with their evos, hahahaha. i was such a happy camper with my truck. now look at me, tired college student, in an evo forum and i dont even have anything close to an evo. guys, just keep taking pictures of ur sweet rides and that should suffice my need for an evo, well at least until i decide to get one!!!

wish me luck

*** oh yeah, i jsut read the thread on southcoast last week. i ditched two days of school last month jsut to talk to them. bastards... thanks guys!
Don't worry you're getting one. Your hooked. Those people giving you rides are like drug dealers.

CT9A RS
02-21-2005, 09:26 PM

wish me luck

Don't worry you're getting one. Your hooked. Those people giving you rides are like drug dealers.

yup straight peddling that smack mr tangerine man.

pwrdbynel
02-23-2005, 05:11 AM
Yo go to ontario mitsubishi and talk to internet sales. I had a 2003 Eclipse which i traded in for the Evo and i got a sweet deal. I was 2K upside down on the eclipse and im paying less then $500 a month. What u have to do is go to a website like edmunds.com or carsdirect.com and see what kind of incitives they have. For example when i got my car they had $500 cash back and 1.9% interest rate. And i put nothing Down. Also if you go to edmunds look at TMV(true market Value) and it tells you what others are paying for the car. For example if the car is priced at $30,579 and edmunds has the TMV at $28,900 print that out and take it with you. The internet sales people will give you the same price. Remeber Internet sales because the sales people will screw you big time. Just call and set up an appointment and they can give u an offer over the phone and if you like it you'll drive off the lot in 15 mins with a new evo. And if they dont have the one you want they'll hunt one down for you and deliver it there. (I hope this helps you out)

itsnino
02-23-2005, 10:06 AM
pwrdbynel, if u dont mind me askin, what exactly was the OTD. if i can get one for $31K OTD and they give me a good deal on my trade in, i can surely get one. ive just given up hope cause no one's willing to budge. i have yet to try HB mitsu tho... when i get my tax refund ill go! :lol:

rino
02-23-2005, 12:04 PM
I don't believe calling ahead of time and agreeing on a price works. It just doesn't work that way, you still have to work for your price - from my experience at least...

itsnino
02-23-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't believe calling ahead of time and agreeing on a price works. It just doesn't work that way, you still have to work for your price - from my experience at least...

i completely agree with you. i think thats where i went wrong. cant really negotiate without showing up and getting all info, otherewise i think all phone calls are considered cold leads... everyday im getting more impatient. i wish my refund would come already so i can visit HB mitsu. i hope they can help me out!

:shock:

pwrdbynel
02-24-2005, 12:54 AM
Yea i agree with going in and working on a better deal, but what im trying to get at is that they can give you ball park figures over the phone. But never talk to a floor sales person or a Sales manager. Those are the guys that want you to pay the mark up , so they can get a fatter check. Remeber talk to the internet sales people. They get paid a set amount for each car they sell. It doesnt matter if they sell it for invoice or for $5000 over msrp they get the same amount of money. When i talk to them on the phone they said they could only give me 17000 for the car that i owe 20000 . But i just kept talking to them on the phone and when i went in, they gave 18000 for it and they said they could give me the EVO for 500 under MSRP. But what i keep pushing is talk to the internet sales guys or fleet guys. I have three friends that sell cars for a living. One works for Dodge one for Toyota, and the other for Chevy. And they all told who to talk to and who to not. Just talk to different Dealers and ask for Internet/Fleet guys and see which one can give u a better deal or if one gives u a good deal see if the other can beat it. But Start now so when you get your refund you know where to go. (good luck)

itsnino
02-24-2005, 08:26 PM
yeah, ive been doing that. i PMed tlcrox to see if he needs my truck in his dealership. i hope they give me a good deal on it. thanks everyone for ur advices.