PDA

View Full Version : . . . Best Intake N turbo back exhaust . . .

EVO8 SD
02-19-2005, 11:20 PM
. . . Im looking 2 get an intake and turbo back exhaust . Does any1 know the intake wit the highest power gains ? How bout the turbo back exhaust ? Wit proven results . . .

rammsteinmatt
02-19-2005, 11:35 PM
david buschur has a long thread out on buschur products, maybe you start there?

CT9A RS
02-20-2005, 09:46 PM
remember peak numbers doesnt always mean the best. When you take a look at dynos check out the entire powerband not just the top.

kimletrim
02-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Those are very loaded questions and you're going to get loaded answers. For most of us, we only have experience with one or two different kind of intakes and/or exhuasts. I recommend that you talk to the owners with such mods and get their impressions. Do a little research and then narrow your question to a couple of brands, then members can chime in more informatively since they have a better idea of what you want.

Absinthe
02-20-2005, 11:03 PM
stock intake save your money

Ralliartpnoi
02-21-2005, 04:05 AM
best.? hmmm... nothing at all, run open turbo!~!!!!

EVO8 SD
02-22-2005, 05:07 PM
How bout better performance wit ARC induction box er Injen ? Then I wit the exhaust I wanted JIC magic down pipe , Helix test pipe wit , greddy ti catbaCK ? Wut yall think ?

Absinthe
02-22-2005, 05:13 PM
How bout better performance wit ARC induction box er Injen ?

stock intake save your money

leaveit2bevo
02-22-2005, 05:14 PM
the arc is way to expensive, you dont want to be sucking in hot air. There are 2 ways of doing this apexi makes a box that isolates the intake from the engine heat, or you could rock a APS cold air intake which I use seems to work well.

ovenmit331
02-22-2005, 05:44 PM
the arc is way to expensive, you dont want to be sucking in hot air. There are 2 ways of doing this apexi makes a box that isolates the intake from the engine heat, or you could rock a APS cold air intake which I use seems to work well.

yeah, but then you'd be a wood pusher like bevo... *puts on anti-post-whore-flame suit*

j_nizzle
02-22-2005, 05:56 PM
learn how to drive your car first!

gofaster87
02-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Hell no mod it if you have the money, just mod it the right way. No engine dampners and neon wire grounding kits. Dave is right a drop in filter is fine for now. different intakes are not needed till later.

leaveit2bevo
02-22-2005, 06:03 PM

yeah, but then you'd be a wood pusher like bevo... *puts on anti-post-whore-flame suit*

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album125/mini_goku_banana.jpg

CT9A RS
02-23-2005, 04:49 AM
i say retain a box type intake unless u plan on running mafless. ARC is sweet but expensive. But very sweet.

I just ordered a Blitz Induction cover and Blitz LM oem replacement filter from Rob at www.myevostore.com.
As soon as i install it and run it for a bit ill post up my thoughts on it. But the idea of it doesnt sound too bad. Definitely more airflow the LM filter element is very unrestrictive and the induction cover basically opens up the factory airbox. As for the cold air after it goes through the turbo before it hits the intercooler its at like 180 degrees and the whole cold air point is for it to be cold when it goes into intake manifold to the head to combust. the whole point of the intercooler. You want colder air upgrade the intercooler with one that has better cooling qualities.

yeah post gettin too long.

ovenmit331
02-23-2005, 09:18 AM

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album125/mini_goku_banana.jpg

yep, thats the suit I'm talking about

ovenmit331
02-23-2005, 09:19 AM
learn how to drive your car first!

I agree, after seeing what my stock car could do at the track, the next mod i'm doing will be a HPDE course. Don't make the car more powerful now, you'll just have more power to not have control of...

EVO8 SD
03-01-2005, 06:28 PM
. . . COld air Intake is over rated ! How cold is the air near the pavement the las time u put ur face near the pavement round two in the afternoon ! Injen short ram ? er ARC super box ? Im buying next week . . . So any help would be nice .

romerico arceo
03-01-2005, 07:05 PM
i have hks intake before but ARC is better but you must tune youre car.

leaveit2bevo
03-01-2005, 10:25 PM
. . . COld air Intake is over rated ! How cold is the air near the pavement the las time u put ur face near the pavement round two in the afternoon ! Injen short ram ? er ARC super box ? Im buying next week . . . So any help would be nice .

thats possibly the stupidest reasoning ever, what does the air have anything to do with the pavement? and its not really that your sucking in super cool air from outside its that the short ram intake get hot air blown on them by the fans.

EVO8 SD
03-02-2005, 09:43 AM
:idea: . . . Check the temp of the pavement smart guy when was the last time that u felt that 'cold air' down there ? 'COld Air' , hot black top ; 'cold air' , Hot blacK tOp ; HHHHHMMMMMMMM . . . Thats exactly wut I thought ! Wit a RMR cold ram air , c-west front bumper , N no skid plate below the temp is goin 2 B lower ! But thanx 4 playin ! Maybe Next time though ! :shock:
thats possibly the stupidest reasoning ever, what does the air have anything to do with the pavement? and its not really that your sucking in super cool air from outside its that the short ram intake get hot air blown on them by the fans.

EVO8 SD
03-02-2005, 09:51 AM
:twisted: . . . Well if u wud like me 2 break this down 4 u its quite simple . Cold air is supposed 2 sit lower than warm air due 2 the density of the slower moving atoms . Which is a very accurate theory if u R running @ nite ! If Its mid day and the solar rays have been focusing on the lovely black top all day , chances are that the air above the ground is much more cooler. Its quit a simple concept , that of radiant heat . However if u wud like 2 have me offer further evidence of this theory . I will continue this debate until u further abdicate and speak wit ur feeble mind . . . Who's next ? :twisted:

ovenmit331
03-02-2005, 09:51 AM
:idea: . . . Check the temp of the pavement smart guy when was the last time that u felt that 'cold air' down there ? 'COld Air' , hot black top ; 'cold air' , Hot blacK tOp ; HHHHHMMMMMMMM . . . Thats exactly wut I thought ! Wit a RMR cold ram air , c-west front bumper , N no skid plate below the temp is goin 2 B lower ! But thanx 4 playin ! Maybe Next time though ! :D

"cold air" intake DOES NOT MEAN COLD as in cold to the touch, it means cooler than the air in the engine bay. A short ram intake WILL pull in hotter air than a CAI because the CAI gets its air from outside the engine bay. After your Evo has been running for at least 15 minutes, check out how hot the air is coming out of the vent in the hood. Pretty warm. Then put your hand by that asphalt and see if that air is hotter...

leaveit2bevo
03-02-2005, 12:12 PM
:idea: . . . Check the temp of the pavement smart guy when was the last time that u felt that 'cold air' down there ? 'COld Air' , hot black top ; 'cold air' , Hot blacK tOp ; HHHHHMMMMMMMM . . . Thats exactly wut I thought ! Wit a RMR cold ram air , c-west front bumper , N no skid plate below the temp is goin 2 B lower ! But thanx 4 playin ! Maybe Next time though ! :D

"cold air" intake DOES NOT MEAN COLD as in cold to the touch, it means cooler than the air in the engine bay. A short ram intake WILL pull in hotter air than a CAI because the CAI gets its air from outside the engine bay. After your Evo has been running for at least 15 minutes, check out how hot the air is coming out of the vent in the hood. Pretty warm. Then put your hand by that asphalt and see if that air is hotter...

Thank you ovenmitt I already explained that in my post but he didnt seem to read that,, evo8sd thanks for playing maybe next time :roll:

Absinthe
03-02-2005, 12:19 PM

yeah here's you help, buy some decent mods and dont was your cash on an intake

GokuSSJ4
03-02-2005, 12:28 PM

yeah here you help, buy some decent mods and dont was your cash on an intake

this topic has been discuss so many different times, the only way to really prove your theory is by having dyno #'s.
I can care less about CAI or short ram, I prefer short ram (that way i dont have to worry about rainy days ) and IMO i dont think theres really a huge difference from CAI and Short ram, i tested at the track Open filter (outside the car) vs short ram . With the open filter i was able to accomplish .1 of a second faster then the short ram but IMO not worth it.

Absinthe
03-02-2005, 12:57 PM

yeah here you help, buy some decent mods and dont was your cash on an intake

this topic has been discuss so many different times, the only way to really prove your theory is by having dyno #'s.
I can care less about CAI or short ram, I prefer short ram (that way i dont have to worry about rainy days ) and IMO i dont think theres really a huge difference from CAI and Short ram, i tested at the track Open filter (outside the car) vs short ram . With the open filter i was able to accomplish .1 of a second faster then the short ram but IMO not worth it.

Dyno'ing a CAI is worthless, sit down and think about it...In a dyno room whats the difference between the air your sucking from the bumper area and that which is being blown at the car by a fan? 5 degrees? 6?

what dyno numbers for an intake really show is the intakes ability to flow more air, mechanicaly lean out the AFR, and how a longer intake runner length effects power. i'm sick of people saying see cold air is better i can prove it with a dyno.

As for a mildly moded car this guy would be better off having road race or someone elase build him a cat-back for about the same cost as the more expensive intakes, I'm sure that would build more power.

GokuSSJ4
03-02-2005, 01:19 PM
then the only way to proof how capable a CAI is vs short ram would be at the track. Since you killed the only way to show proof with #'s, instead of butt dynos (which most of the time there not calibrated :P )
Unless you can suggest another way to show facts and not opinions.

EVO8 SD
03-02-2005, 03:00 PM
How bout a greddy full Ti catback , any opinions ? Does any1 have a JIC Magic downpipe ? Er know if I will have 2 get a new lower arm er can adjust the stock one ?
*Don't argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.* I like that .

Absinthe
03-02-2005, 03:14 PM
How bout a greddy full Ti catback , any opinions ? Does any1 have a JIC Magic downpipe ? Er know if I will have 2 get a new lower arm er can adjust the stock one ?
*Don't argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.* I like that .

I'm not a Ti kind of person but there is a consensus here that one of the two widely availible ones is better I would ask around and see what people have to say.

As for the DP I think JIC clears but Im not 100% on that

EVO8 SD
03-02-2005, 03:19 PM
:?: . . . Y dont u like Ti ? the system only weighs like 10 pounds er so . . . N is stronger than SUS isnt it ?

rammsteinmatt
03-02-2005, 03:29 PM
economic solution: stock airbox, because it is good from the factory. DP + custom made exhaust-exhaust flange welded to a mandrel bent pipe that exits behind the front pass. tire and an exhaust hanger put somewhere on that new part.

this would sound badass, spit fire on throttle lifts and downshifts like most GT cars, weigh almost nothing, be super cheap, and super illegal :wink:

IMO, the way to go

Absinthe
03-02-2005, 03:30 PM
:?: . . . Y dont u like Ti ? the system only weighs like 10 pounds er so . . . N is stronger than SUS isnt it ?

I'm cheap, thats the only reason, I got my whole turbo back for less that some people paid for a cat back ($550).

EVO8 SD
03-02-2005, 03:42 PM
. . . The thing about it is Im not payin 4 the exhaust system the insurance ageny is . When my evo got stolen they took the stock exhaust system so Im gettin an aftermarket one in its place. The same wit the intake . . . So money aint a thing 8) . . .

Absinthe
03-02-2005, 03:44 PM
. . . The thing about it is Im not payin 4 the exhaust system the insurance ageny is . When my evo got stolen they took the stock exhaust system so Im gettin an aftermarket one in its place. The same wit the intake . . . So money aint a thing 8) . . .

well then get them to cut the check to you and spend the money how you see fit.

Knower
03-02-2005, 06:42 PM

You would want to get the most for your replacement money (whatever the stock exhaust costs new at the dealership). This is a good muffler shop built 3" mandrel bend exhaust with a high flow cat and a couple resonators with a magnaflow muffler. Cheap, flows as much as you ever want, fairly quiet (compared to Ti), and doesn't attract more thieves with bling bling. The exhaust is also at a very low point on the car so losing the weight there isn't the most effective considering the cost.

EVO8 SD
03-02-2005, 06:52 PM
. . . Thas true I didnt really think about it like that . . .