PDA

View Full Version : Alignment Question

ovenmit331
02-22-2005, 09:36 AM
I just had new tires put on and I kept the old Advans so I could use them at the track (cheater slicks) but noticed the inside shoulders of all the tires are bald. Pretty sure this is a negative camber thing. Is this correct? My car is pretty new. I remember someone mentioning getting an alignment under warranty, and I think it was within 15K. Well my car has 14.8K on it so I'd like to know if anyone has done this.

WOT
02-22-2005, 10:40 AM
all my tires wore the inside edge out, fronts were due to too much toe out & my rears wore out due to excessive negative camber with toe issues.

strange thing, the car went down the road perfectly straight! this was on the factory alignment as well.

it wouldnt hurt to ask the dealer for a free alignment......

nurb2
02-22-2005, 10:43 AM
You won't get an alignment under warranty with 14.8K on the car.

Before my first alignment, or should I say good alignment, my right front Advan was wearing fast on the inside shoulder too. After the alignment, it wore almost perfectly even ... I had almost perfect slicks on the front before I finally got new tires.

-nurb2-

BabyBlueDragon19
02-23-2005, 12:28 AM
so does anyone know the proper alignment specs?

turbrodude
02-23-2005, 12:36 AM
inside shoulder tire wear is more caused by toe out than by camber. With toe out and camber, the car can still track straight down the road. It will just be more darty and hard to control. Mueller's alignment will treat you right is the best way to go.

DTunedEvoX
02-23-2005, 12:49 AM
inside shoulder tire wear is more caused by toe out than by camber. With toe out and camber, the car can still track straight down the road. It will just be more darty and hard to control. Mueller's alignment will treat you right is the best way to go.

Ovenmitt is in TX ... Might be pretty hardcore to travel to RRE for an alignment :lol:

ovenmit331
02-23-2005, 09:31 AM

Ovenmitt is in TX ... Might be pretty hardcore to travel to RRE for an alignment :lol:

:werd:

ovenmit331
02-23-2005, 09:32 AM
how much have you guys paid for an alignment?

ScoobySteve
02-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Just go as negative as possible maybwe -2.0. Gotta LOVE the horrid tire wear. :D