PDA

View Full Version : 5th gear snychros...

ovenmit331
02-22-2005, 09:38 AM
are gonna be replaced under warranty tomorrow. Good thing I haven't thrown that exhaust on yet, since my service guy said, and I quote: "Anything you do that modifies this car will void the entire warranty."

nurb2
02-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Damn that's harsh. Some Mitsu places suck. Better get rid of that K&N too ... LOL.

-nurb2-

ovenmit331
02-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Damn that's harsh. Some Mitsu places suck. Better get rid of that K&N too ... LOL.

-nurb2-

After he told me that, I was honestly worried about the K&N Drop-In so I kept my old OEM Air Filter in the trunk and was just going to put it in when I went for free maintenance. Well I forgot and after all the service they did, I asked if they changed the air filter. My service guy said, "Why, did you have the K&N?" I won't lie, I kinda got nervous. I said, "yep" and he said, Yeah we changed it, lemme see if the techs still have the old one. He comes back and says, "For once I'm actually proud of the techs, they left it in there. Heres your new one." And he handed me a new OEM air filter. HUH? WHY? Oh well, now I've got an OEM air filter in my closet...

GokuSSJ4
02-22-2005, 12:02 PM
glad that you are getting your synchros replace under warranty. Hope you dont have any other mayor warranty issues before you start to mod the car.

ovenmit331
02-22-2005, 12:09 PM
glad that you are getting your synchros replace under warranty. Hope you dont have any other mayor warranty issues before you start to mod the car.

Thanks, me too. The service guy said theres a TSB out for 4th and 5th gear synchros, which is part of the reason he's replacing them so quickly. So should I just start complaining about 4th gear later? haha. kidding.