PDA

View Full Version : just installed-Blitz Induction Cover

Skiracer
02-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Ok, i know all you WLA peeps are sad that i gave up my ghetto intake. Well, i've upgraded, sort of... Uses the OEM airbox.

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album264/107_0730_IMG.sized.jpg
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album264/107_0731_IMG.sized.jpg
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album264/107_0734_IMG.sized.jpg

Boosted
02-23-2005, 11:58 PM
oh shittttttt.... that thing is sweet and got warrany? that is awesome man I think I Just found something new that would definately worth buying, that and a samco intake pipe would be a sweet set up to help your warranty battle seeing as its just 4 clips to pop off to put the stock lid back on

rammsteinmatt
02-24-2005, 12:26 AM
warranty keepin' hotness

GokuSSJ4
02-24-2005, 01:11 AM
looks great man !!! only if you can find a way to use the stock box w/ the UICP from Buschur Racing

WhiteEvoRS
02-24-2005, 01:28 AM
got to love it!!!!!!!!!!

bonestockevo8
02-24-2005, 01:36 AM
Looks awesome man...hahha....I knew I should have ordered one earlier..

ScoobySteve
02-24-2005, 04:29 AM
stock airbox or induction box/cover is the way to go! Looking good dude!!!

Skiracer
02-24-2005, 07:57 AM
Ya, takes about 30 seconds to take the induction cover off and put the stock lid back on :D Plus, lots of shiny stainless steel for the bling factor.

ovenmit331
02-24-2005, 08:46 AM
any louder than stock? and any problems without tuning?

Skiracer
02-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Louder than stock, but a little quieter than a K&N dropin filter with the stock cover removed. No problems with the intake and i have no tuning done.

ovenmit331
02-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Louder than stock, but a little quieter than a K&N dropin filter with the stock cover removed. No problems with the intake and i have no tuning done.

does this mean you ran your K&N dropin with the cover removed? how did you do this and keep it in place if so?

Nebolic
02-24-2005, 09:44 AM
dayammmmmm that looks hotness, hey, is there any drivability issues? Do you have a VTA bov on there? Also if you dont mind me asking, how much and where did you get it? First time I've seen that.

:shock: hotness

Nebo

Skiracer
02-24-2005, 09:55 AM

does this mean you ran your K&N dropin with the cover removed? how did you do this and keep it in place if so?

I had it setup GHETTO Style. I removed the lid, then wrapped copper wires around the stock mounting clips to hold the K&N dropin in place.

ovenmit331
02-24-2005, 09:57 AM

I had it setup GHETTO Style. I removed the lid, then wrapped copper wires around the stock mounting clips to hold the K&N dropin in place.

And it sounded a lot better than stock? I might try this just for kicks

Skiracer
02-24-2005, 09:58 AM
dayammmmmm that looks hotness, hey, is there any drivability issues? Do you have a VTA bov on there? Also if you dont mind me asking, how much and where did you get it? First time I've seen that.

Nebo

I got a recirculating BOV and no drivability issues and it includes the Blitz dropin filter. Got it for $131 http://www.hopupracing.com/blincomilaev.html
Please note, i ordered it on Dec 28, and just got it yesterday cuz they were on nationwide back order with Blitz. I think Rob at www.myevostore.com can get them as well. Just check with them and other peeps about availability due to the backorder.

Skiracer
02-24-2005, 10:03 AM

Make sure you reset your ECU before running without the stock cover on or its gonna have a slightly rough idle.

WavMixer
02-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Damn you have some good eyes there. I can't find a BOV anywhere in those pictures.

Nebo

ovenmit331
02-24-2005, 10:58 AM

Make sure you reset your ECU before running without the stock cover on or its gonna have a slightly rough idle.

will do. new project for this weekend...

EvoRution
02-26-2005, 01:12 AM
it looks almost like the stock airbox tabs need to go THROUGH the slots in the induction cover?

DoCoMo
02-26-2005, 01:36 AM
wonder if i could run an aem inlet pipe to stock air box connected
to the blitz induction cover........

Skiracer
02-28-2005, 12:24 AM
it looks almost like the stock airbox tabs need to go THROUGH the slots in the induction cover?
Heh, that's how i thought it worked when i first tried installing it, but i found it just snaps in place like the factory air box.

ultraflip
02-28-2005, 12:45 AM
that thing is awesome! makes me jealous! i think i might change intakes now

CT9A RS
03-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Yeah the Blitz Induction Cover is sweet i just picked it up last week also. Rob(coolguy949) got it for me through www.myevostore.com . He got it for me quick too no back order issues. And no rough idle issues without resetting ECU. But will be resetting ECU soon neways just so it can learn right off with it.

ScoobySteve
03-01-2005, 11:45 PM
that thing is awesome! makes me jealous! i think i might change intakes now

Yeah right that ARC induction box is SICK witha tune.

But don't mean I'm baggin on Serge's induction cover.

Skiracer
03-02-2005, 12:46 AM
I love this thing because it only takes about 30 seconds to bring the intake back to stock if need be.

Nebolic
03-02-2005, 09:08 AM
muhaaaaaaaaaa

I just ordered mine last night from Rob at www.myevostore.com

thanks for taking my order that late at night.

Hopefully I'll be sporting mine in a few days, more bling for my Evo :D

I think I'll be the first one in NorCal to sport this sexy thing.

Nebo

:D

P.S no stalling issues with ppl running VTA? Also, do you have to use the blitz filter or would the OEM or K&N filter fit?

ovenmit331
03-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Also, do you have to use the blitz filter or would the OEM or K&N filter fit?

I'm very interested in this also. Does the K&N work with this???

Skiracer
03-02-2005, 09:55 AM

The K&N dropin will not work with this. I tried it on my car, but didn't work. When you buy the induction cover, it comes with a Blitz dropin filter also.

ovenmit331
03-02-2005, 10:20 AM

The K&N dropin will not work with this. I tried it on my car, but didn't work. When you buy the induction cover, it comes with a Blitz dropin filter also.

why doesn't it work? the filter too tall? too short? any way to ghetto rig it?

Skiracer
03-02-2005, 12:49 PM

why doesn't it work? the filter too tall? too short? any way to ghetto rig it?

Sure, remove the airbox, install the K&N dropin, Then raise the OEM clips and then use a bendable copper wire that will hold its shape and wrap that around the OEM clips. That should hold filter in place. I even tracked my car like that and it held up fine.

Skiracer
10-02-2005, 02:48 PM
I painted my Blitz Induction Cover black over the weekend. Now, it looks like i got a bbq grill under the hood. I also painted my oem upper IC pipe as well:
http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/normal_109-0927_IMG.JPG
http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/normal_109-0928_IMG.JPG

gofaster87
10-02-2005, 03:28 PM
I love you simon but sometimes you amaze me. There is no need for BBQ cover. Either leave the stock box in or use a cold air intake or something. I know my engine compartment gets hotter than BILLYS sexy ass after a long session of spanking. As for painting the stock parts, gayness. Comon if you leave it unploished it looks stock. Many cars come with cast aluminum or extruded aluminum parts. Unless you powdercoat parts paint usually looks like ass and more often chips or peels. This post was made because Simon felt I was ignoring him by not making any smartass comments.

Macky
10-02-2005, 03:33 PM
i dont like it.

j_nizzle
10-02-2005, 05:54 PM
i dont like it.

+1....simon went t3h gh3y!!!

genrec
10-02-2005, 07:07 PM
GaaYYYYYYY neSSS paRRanoooyyaaa...

j/k mang...do watcha wanna do..But??? .... :grin:

GokuSSJ4
10-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Simon -
stop being cheap!!!

thetaxguy
10-02-2005, 08:31 PM
GaaYYYYYYY neSSS paRRanoooyyaaa...

j/k mang...do watcha wanna do..But??? .... :grin:
+1

Skiracer
10-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Simon -
stop being cheap!!!

I'm frugal!* Anyways, i painted the IC pipe black cuz i had cops question me if that pipe was aftermarket and the Blitz Induction Cover is less blingy now.