PDA

View Full Version : Help a brother out.

BSREVO
02-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Recently i dyno'd my car at Harman Motive with horrible results. now i am trying to trouble shoot the problem with my car. so the next step is to go down to tuning tech. and have my car dyno'd there. i want to switch out my utec and try a s-afcII and see what happens. so im looking for someone close to TT that has a s-afcII with fields harness that would be willing to meet at TT and let me use the s-afcII on the dyno for a few pulls. i know this isn't something you ask of others, but im not really looking to buying a s-afcII just to trouble shoot. if anyone is able, please let me know. i live in bakersfield so the drive to TT will take about two hours so i would need someone that is sure they could help. thank justin

MYFIRSTEVO
02-24-2005, 12:09 PM
man... whats your dyno number? I've noticed that there are a few people whos getting problems from UTEC.

Why is that?

well good luck man, hope everything works out fine for you. :wink:

BSREVO
02-24-2005, 12:29 PM
dyno 292 on 91. i just installed the hks 280's and will have a tubular mani and o2 housing on. :)

MYFIRSTEVO
02-24-2005, 12:41 PM
man... 292whp with the cams and all the mods listed? that is extremeeeeeeeeelyyyyyy low. Something has to be wrong. Kipp dynoed 295whp without cams and stock injectors... on 91

leaveit2bevo
02-24-2005, 12:45 PM
do you still have a dynoflash while using the utec? that might be the problem my safc dosent like my p2 flash so that could be one of your probs.

BSREVO
02-24-2005, 12:58 PM
sorry no more dynoflash. here is my current mods,

2003 Apex Evolution VIII/UTEC 1.7 w/tuner lite/CF C-Wings/Seibon TS II CF/Apexi Induction Box/XS Engineering/HKS FATT/HKS 280's/AEM Cam Gears/Crower valve springs and Ti retainers/ARP Headstuds/RC750cc/Hallman Pro Evolution/Magnecor 8.5/Walbro 255lph/Espelir JTP500/Helix testpipe/Perrin 3' DP/ACT/Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel/Kartboy short shifter/BR mini battery/Modded headlights/Modded tail lights/Cf rear sheild/Volk TE37 w/Nitto 555/Perrin stubby antenna/Defi 60mm gauges/2pc. underhood bushings

leaveit2bevo
02-24-2005, 01:00 PM
did you put those numbers down with the 280s or the 264?

BSREVO
02-24-2005, 01:11 PM
with 264s. what do you guys think i should be putting down? what could be wrong. i thought i had a vac leak, but i havent checked yet

leaveit2bevo
02-24-2005, 01:18 PM
how much boost? probally around 320

BSREVO
02-24-2005, 01:22 PM
21psi with afr at 11.3.

can anyone post there dyno numbers and mods on 91oct.?

leaveit2bevo
02-24-2005, 01:36 PM
heres a dyno graph of goku he had 3 inch TB, new IC, around 17 or 18psi, 264/272 and a works p2 flashhttp://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album110/Picture_010.jpg

turbolarry
02-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Recently i dyno'd my car at Harman Motive with horrible results. now i am trying to trouble shoot the problem with my car. so the next step is to go down to tuning tech. and have my car dyno'd there. i want to switch out my utec and try a s-afcII and see what happens. so im looking for someone close to TT that has a s-afcII with fields harness that would be willing to meet at TT and let me use the s-afcII on the dyno for a few pulls. i know this isn't something you ask of others, but im not really looking to buying a s-afcII just to trouble shoot. if anyone is able, please let me know. i live in bakersfield so the drive to TT will take about two hours so i would need someone that is sure they could help. thank justin

I have mine on a harness/set up for quick removal. :wink: I've been meaning to check out TT and it's about 40 minutes from my house.
The hardest part will be working out our scheduals. I just need a meal and some datalogs of you car.

alex_alex
02-24-2005, 01:58 PM
i dont know how worried you should be.

Harman's dyno is a bit quirky.

most people i've seen with a similar setup to yours (well, turboback and cams) make similar power on pump gas.

I think you will see a higher figure at TT. the Harman dyno isn't set up properly for some reason, and when it comes to a stop on the dyno, one axle tends to stop a few seconds before the other, so i have a feeling you're losing some power b/c the dyno is making the difff work a bit harder.

The word on the street is that Dan Harmon has messed up several Subi's and Audi's this way, but i would check those forums to see exactly what happened.

trinydex
03-05-2005, 11:49 PM
wait... you have intake turbo back exhaust and cams... ok i'll give you the plugs...maybe the fly wheel...

the head studs and ti retainers and stuff are just security... they don't add power.....

i don't think the number is THAT low... although it'll prolly get higher with another dyno... nothing to be depressed about... you haven't even begun messing with boost.

just a note tho... you're ready for safc... you got the injectors and the pump... so you can dial in some good timing advance.