PDA

View Full Version : Green Stuff Pads

Miss Evo8
02-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the Green Stuff EBC break pads? I've searched the forums and notice a lot of success with the Hawk pads. It's time to change my front pads and was looking for a street pad/ twisty pad that's not going to eat my rotors. Any suggestions or input is appreciated. :D

Miss Evo8
02-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Anyone? :?:

kaane
02-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Endless SS-S Pads best street pad I have tried. Green Stuff is not so good.

SS-S pads dont make noise, don't eat rotors, stop when cold, and don't fade! perfect street setup.

Miss Evo8
02-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Who makes these pads? Is that the brand name?

evomrguy
02-24-2005, 08:28 PM
I've used the green stuff pads on a few other cars, a 2g with an alcon front brake kit, an is 300 driven far too hard, and a few others. I have found that they are really good with initial bite and with keeping dust off your rims. However they still chew your rotors a bit, not a lot mind you (like hawk pads) but they arent as kind as the stock pads. The other thing is they are a nice upgrade from stock but not a great performance pad. I have noticed they get overheated when pushed like a stock pad and have a tendency to warp rotors. If you want a replacement pad for the street and are not going to be beating on them alot then they are a good pad, but if you want something you can get on a lot and dont mind a little more dust or noise go with a project mu or endless pad. Kind of depends on how "race" you want your brakes.

JanSolo
02-24-2005, 11:45 PM
Who makes these pads? Is that the brand name?

Yes indeed, Endless is a brand name.

CT9A RS
02-25-2005, 07:10 AM
yes maam Endless is the brand. Project Mu is good stuff too. Good stuff. Very JDM goodness.

Absinthe
02-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Anyone? :?:

dont buy them they suck, they'll scar your rotor, not stop better than stock, and wear out faster.

this seems specific to the evo, they work on other cars.

KiLO
02-25-2005, 09:11 PM
I installed some greenstuff pads at the same time I installed PowerSlot rotors on my MINI Cooper. I really like them, compared to stock. I haven't had anything else to compare them with on my car, although I have driven a Cooper "S" with Brembo's and Ferodo pads.

You might want to take the above advice though, because the EVO seems to come with some pretty high performance parts stock... Not sure how they'd compare to your stock set up.

I'd say the greestuff's were a good deal for me... What type of driving are you doing? AutoX, etc.?

Anyway, just my .02