PDA

View Full Version : Waxing CF tail

silverevo05
02-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Now that the sun is FINALLY out, I really want to wash,wax and clay bar my evo.
My question is if it is ok to wax the CF wing. I've heard of someones clear coat peeling off on the wing and wondered if waxing or clay barring would hurt or help in the long run.
Any knowledgeable help would be great

thanks

Blaze
02-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Now that the sun is FINALLY out, I really want to wash,wax and clay bar my evo.
My question is if it is ok to wax the CF wing. I've heard of someones clear coat peeling off on the wing and wondered if waxing or clay barring would hurt or help in the long run.
Any knowledgeable help would be great

thanks

Knock yourself out.
You're waxing a clearcoat on top of the CF, not the CF itself.
You actually want to find a good wax with UV protection to keep the wing in good shape. Flacking and hazzy spots are not attractive.... :wink:

Blaze
"Objects in the mirror are loosing"

BabyBlueDragon19
02-27-2005, 03:35 PM
i clay my car like every 3 months but u gotta be carefull not to put to much pressure or u will take alot clear coat off just do it geantley in circular motion and polish then wax

Chris in SD
02-27-2005, 03:50 PM
The manual recommends putting a good coat of UV wax on the wing regularly to avoid discoloration.

RTFM :wink:

Boosted
02-27-2005, 06:02 PM
[quote="silverevo05"]

DUDEEEEE I had that etched into the side view mirrors on my charger then like 3 months after I didnt it I saw a green RX7 that had the same thing I was dissapointed

BabyBlueDragon19
02-27-2005, 06:48 PM
what ! :?

BabyBlueDragon19
02-27-2005, 06:48 PM
what ! :?

Chris in SD
02-27-2005, 08:23 PM
[quote="silverevo05"]

DUDEEEEE I had that etched into the side view mirrors on my charger then like 3 months after I didnt it I saw a green RX7 that had the same thing I was dissapointed

I hope the object in your mirror isn't "loosing"... it might fall out. Of course, if it's "losing" that might be a different issue.

DUROEVO
02-27-2005, 10:33 PM
I personally think this is the best stuff for carbon fiber. http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/frames.html
I use it on carbon fiber, head and tail lights, tinted windows, all plastics. Its the best!!!!!!!!!!

DUROEVO
02-27-2005, 10:36 PM
I personally think this is the best stuff for carbon fiber. http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/frames.html
I use it on carbon fiber, head and tail lights, tinted windows, all plastics. Its the best!!!!!!!!!!

BabyBlueDragon19
02-27-2005, 10:47 PM
you got it off that web site or at store? :)

DUROEVO
02-27-2005, 10:50 PM
I e-mailed the company due to they only sell in bulk on where to buy, they told like five locations on where to buy. I got mine at a motorcycle shop, for like 12.00 or something. It is the best feels like you just waxed the plasti, and it keeps it from scratches and fadeing

BabyBlueDragon19
02-27-2005, 10:51 PM
nice

I e-mailed the company due to they only sell in bulk on where to buy, they told like five locations on where to buy. I got mine at a motorcycle shop, for like 12.00 or something. It is the best feels like you just waxed the plasti, and it keeps it from scratches and fadeing

DUROEVO
02-27-2005, 10:59 PM
You live in Oceanside, I went to the motorcycle shop next to the Car wash on coast highway.