PDA

View Full Version : ** D1 uh...Well... **

OptimusPrime
02-27-2005, 08:10 PM
I am disappointed with todays event. First of all I thought there would be more cars than the about 30 that competed. I think their was only 3 american drivers. The whole event seemed like it was rushed in my opinion. Some might disagree but thats just my view. Another thing that really pissed me the F*ck off is when KAZAMA and MILLEN battled. Millen clearly one that fair and square making Kazama lose his line, and speed and nearly overtook him. Kazama didnt even do his usually long drift in the first long left bank turn. I thought Millen won and so did a lot of people in the crowd, but thanks to the "ONE MORE TIME" idiots I think his victory was taken away by giving Kazama another chance(and even in the second battle he was pressured and almost overtaken again by Millen). This leads me to believe that something is wrong with D1. Imagine an American winning the D1 event beating the powerhouses of Japan. Hmmmmm, crazy how Taniguchi and was knocked out pretty quickly and only Kazama was left. If Millen would have won I think he would have gone and possible won the event in an unprecedented victory. AND WHO THE HELL HIRED THAT DUMBASS "HIP HOPPITY DJ ENTERTAINMENT GUY"????? YO THIS YO THAT! YO READY!! FO SHOOO!! Stupid. I think the D1 in Feb 04 was a Million times better than todays. Thank you for your time. I need to vent. A job well done to all you American Drifters and Japanese Drifters. Oh yeah and to you ALEX PFIEFFER, Great Job bro, you really won.

Chris in SD
02-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Rhys got robbed at the JGTC drift event, too...

OptimusPrime
02-27-2005, 08:30 PM
amen

WavMixer
02-27-2005, 08:52 PM
It started off all wrong by not clearly making the will call lines. That dumb bitch with the megaphone should have started telling people which line to get in before making them wait in the wrong line for 1/2 an hour!!! I never even saw a regular non-will call line. What's up with that?

toku-one
02-27-2005, 09:06 PM
i got sunburnt on my face

BOVBILLY
02-27-2005, 09:08 PM
I have no idea what anyone looked like, so if I saw you and didn't say hi, I am sorry!

WavMixer
02-27-2005, 09:13 PM
I have no idea what anyone looked like, so if I saw you and didn't say hi, I am sorry!I went to the Sun booth and asked for Billy. They had no clue who Billy is. I saw some guy that looked just like Bevo, so I walked up and asked if he was. He said no, I felt dumb. Then I saw another guy that looks like the picture in Moogle sig file. I wasn't going to ask him though. What did y'all thing of the guy that climbed the tower to throw paper planes and moon people? It looked like he almost fell off of the fence.

OptimusPrime
02-27-2005, 09:15 PM
that guys is called Tarzan. He always does crazy shit. Thats fucked up though that people were throwing shit at him. That guy does nothing but help us here in the US and is a major player in drifting becoming big here in the states( not saying is isnt big yet but you know what I mean).

BOVBILLY
02-27-2005, 09:47 PM
I have no idea what anyone looked like, so if I saw you and didn't say hi, I am sorry!I went to the Sun booth and asked for Billy. They had no clue who Billy is. I saw some guy that looked just like Bevo, so I walked up and asked if he was. He said no, I felt dumb. Then I saw another guy that looks like the picture in Moogle sig file. I wasn't going to ask him though. What did y'all thing of the guy that climbed the tower to throw paper planes and moon people? It looked like he almost fell off of the fence.

they told me you were looking for me. you talked to tommy @ sun auto, who is brand new working there and furbee or something, who shared a booth with Sun, since they sponsor Tarzan, such as Sun.

(THAT IS THE WORST RUN ON SENTENCE, EVER)

Boosted
02-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Millen clearly one that fair and square

im sure he WON it fair and square... itjs ut that most of the people there are rooting for the drivers from the land of the rising sun :D

Chris in SD
02-27-2005, 11:55 PM

im sure he WON it fair and square... itjs ut that most of the people there are rooting for the drivers from the land of the rising sun :D

I love when people bust on another's spelling or grammar only to make the mistake themselves... HA HA

OptimusPrime
02-27-2005, 11:57 PM
LMFAO

Boosted
02-28-2005, 12:02 AM

I love when people bust on another's spelling or grammar only to make the mistake themselves... HA HA

serious assholes...

(I was trying to emphasize my point with irony)

OptimusPrime
02-28-2005, 12:04 AM
I tink I did a oopsy lol

gofaster87
02-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Hmm, Im glad I didnt go and witness Todds sunburn. Im rather upset I didnt get to see billy and the 90s scallop machine. The drifitng crowd just doesnt amuse me, maybe Im just getting old.

ultraflip
02-28-2005, 12:56 AM
i had fun... i didn't take home an umbrella girl though... =(

WavMixer
02-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I have no idea what anyone looked like, so if I saw you and didn't say hi, I am sorry!Here is a picture of me standing by my buddies viper that was on display at D1.

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album408/DSC03138.jpg

FYI, I got to go on a test drive after the event.... Yeee Haaaa!!!!

We had our share of umbrella girlz around this snake.

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album408/umbrella.sized.jpg

toku-one
02-28-2005, 11:58 AM
the crowd wasnt what i expected. there were A LOT of like d&d nerds and random emo/indie kids. there wasnt nearly as much rice as i expected. everyone seemed pretty calm too.

although this one girl did steal 3 of the freesbies that people were throwing around the stands and about 3000 people started yelling go home and you suck at her and a bunch of people started throwing shit at her. eventually the cops came and took her away.

WavMixer
02-28-2005, 12:06 PM
the crowd wasnt what i expected. there were A LOT of like d&d nerds and random emo/indie kids. there wasnt nearly as much rice as i expected. everyone seemed pretty calm too.

although this one girl did steal 3 of the freesbies that people were throwing around the stands and about 3000 people started yelling go home and you suck at her and a bunch of people started throwing shit at her. eventually the cops came and took her away.I was wondering what that was all about. I was down near the bottom row just under all that shit when it happened.

BOVBILLY
02-28-2005, 12:07 PM
WAV, YOU LOOK LIKE AN OLD NASCAR JUNKY!

WavMixer
02-28-2005, 12:10 PM
WAV, YOU LOOK LIKE AN OLD NASCAR JUNKY!Hmmm... Maybe so:

http://wavmixer.com/evo/chopped/nascar.jpg

I still don't know what you look like. Y'all are a bunch of panzies afraid to post your pic in fear someone might photoshop it!

Blaze
02-28-2005, 12:13 PM
I still don't know what you look like. Y'all are a bunch of panzies afraid to post your pic in fear someone might photoshop it!

You don't have to look any further then a post from Moogle to see Billy.
He's one sexy bee-natch too!

:D

Blaze
"Objects in the mirror are loosing"

WavMixer
02-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Damn! I think I saw him. I thought that it might have been Moogle!!! did Bevo go to D1?

You don't have to look any further then a post from Moogle to see Billy.
He's one sexy bee-natch too!

:D

Blaze
"Objects in the mirror are loosing"

toku-one
02-28-2005, 12:43 PM
the non-asian umbrella girl was the hottest. although those shoes made her look like she had some sort of leg osteochondrodysplasias

Knower
02-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Basically like the thread starter said, this event paled heavily in comparison to last year. It was HORRIBLY promoted, rushed, there were way less people there, no car show that I saw, boring intermissions, a bigscreen TV display that was way out in the middle of the track so NOBODY in the stands could see it clearly, a boring ass announcer guy, no exhibition run at the end of the event, a loss for Rhys that was a clear win, etc...

I felt cheated compared to last year. D1 gets a big thumbs down.

coolguylee
02-28-2005, 03:25 PM
I agree. It was much better last year, i liked the umbrella girls last year better. somehow they got less and ugiler :lol: this year. I hated those kid crowd, announcer was no fun, I was kinda pissed off. well....had enough fun with taking pic with models. anyone posting pics?

Basically like the thread starter said, this event paled heavily in comparison to last year. It was HORRIBLY promoted, rushed, there were way less people there, no car show that I saw, boring intermissions, a bigscreen TV display that was way out in the middle of the track so NOBODY in the stands could see it clearly, a boring ass announcer guy, no exhibition run at the end of the event, a loss for Rhys that was a clear win, etc...

BOVBILLY
02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
LOOK, AN ASIAN ROB!

WavMixer
02-28-2005, 04:44 PM
I took some video, but they got deleted before I could save any of them to disc. I a few stills though. I'll post some in the gallery.
I agree. It was much better last year, i liked the umbrella girls last year better. somehow they got less and ugiler :lol: this year. I hated those kid crowd, announcer was no fun, I was kinda pissed off. well....had enough fun with taking pic with models. anyone posting pics?

j_nizzle
02-28-2005, 05:16 PM
LOOK, AN ASIAN ROB!

just for a white guy to say that to anyone w/o some true fobs quoting azn pride's "got rice?!" by saying "1 on 1? fuck that! it's 3 on 1 bitch!" and preceding to go 3 on 1 is hilarious. billy, you know you're a fob at heart...

CT9A RS
03-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Rhys definitely did good against Kazama. But as for a loss that shouldve been a win i dont know.Although he really did put the pressure down on Kazama. I mean he passed Kazama but it was canceled out cuz Kazama took back the lead. thats damn hard to do on such a short track.And when they did it "one more time" Kazama stepped it up and Rhys couldnt hang. Also if they pitted Rhys against Imamura he woulda gotten his ass handed to him. And Kazama won the Round 1 so i think they made a right decision.

BOVBILLY
03-01-2005, 02:34 PM
LOOK, AN ASIAN ROB!

just for a white guy to say that to anyone w/o some true fobs quoting azn pride's "got rice?!" by saying "1 on 1? fuck that! it's 3 on 1 bitch!" and preceding to go 3 on 1 is hilarious. billy, you know you're a fob at heart...

WHITE ON THE OUTSIDE, YELLOW ON THE INSIDE!

NipponHamFighters
03-01-2005, 05:44 PM
If anyone is upset on the US competitors not making it, you should really watch more judging dialogue. The US drivers are great don't get me wrong, but they are nowhere even close to the skill level of top 10 D1 drivers. Entry Speed angle and clipping points were a big difference between US and Japanese drivers. Most Japanese drivers hit the clipping points with more angle and much more speed. We have a long way to go to reach the level of these seasoned D1 Japanese Drivers.

Chris in SD
03-01-2005, 06:04 PM
If anyone is upset on the US competitors not making it, you should really watch more judging dialogue. The US drivers are great don't get me wrong, but they are nowhere even close to the skill level of top 10 D1 drivers. Entry Speed angle and clipping points were a big difference between US and Japanese drivers. Most Japanese drivers hit the clipping points with more angle and much more speed. We have a long way to go to reach the level of these seasoned D1 Japanese Drivers.

At JGTC, Rhys came in SUPER hot at the clipping point and owned the other driver. I really don't count him or Hubinette as newbies (or even US guys for that matter). Their experience is more than the rest of US D1 combined.

BOVBILLY
03-01-2005, 06:08 PM
I REALLY DON'T GIVE A FLYING SHIT. I WAS JUST HAPPY TO SEE UMBRELLA GIRLS AND TITTIES!

ScoobySteve
03-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Everyone KNOWS that Youicihi Imamura, Nomu-Ken and Taniguchi were the most skilled drivers there! I MET TARZAN!

THE REAL Cyber Evo Driver

*cough* Billy *cough*

j_nizzle
03-02-2005, 05:16 PM
LOOK, AN ASIAN ROB!

WHITE ON THE OUTSIDE, YELLOW ON THE INSIDE!

egg....

BOVBILLY
03-02-2005, 05:20 PM
that is me!!!!!!!!!!!