PDA

View Full Version : Bevo was right again! Santa Monica-Epidemic of blown TC's.

Pops
02-28-2005, 05:22 PM
As some of you may know, Santa Monica Mitsubishi opened under new management, with a smaller crew about 3 weeks ago.

Bevo never liked these guys, probably because he can smell a knucklehead a mile away. I sung their praises in the past. Not anymore.

If you have had any transmission work where they have touched your transfer case oil, you need to get it changed immediately.

Ed Klein their service manager says, as does Tony one of the mechanics, and Willians their parts manager, that all Evos serviced at Santa Monica Mitsubishi get and have gotten Mitsubishi Diamond transmission oil part # A991ZC2X01 (GL 4) in BOTH the transmission and transfer case since they began servicing the Evolution 8. He says they have never carried the recommended Diaqueen Super Multi Gear Oil, part #MZ313376.

Says Jon Ripple of Team Rip Engineering, multiple posts in various Evo forums, and based on my personal observation, GL4 in the transfer case will blow the front differential within a few hundred miles. This probably happened to some here.

As of last week, they, The New Santa Monica Mitsubishi, are still sticking to this policy even after having had the projected results explained to them.

Ed says the only problems they've seen were with a handful of aftermarket clutch installs last year. He said they did 4 or 5 last year and each one had a diff let go, but due to the fault of the aftermarket clutch, not Santa Monica Mitsubishi's choice of transfer case oil.

When informed of this dealer practice, Mitsubishi Corporate in Cypress said yes, that front differentials will be damaged if the owners manual is not followed by using the proper hypoid gear oil. Willians said they don't really read the manuals, and that Ed says The New Santa Monica Mitsubishi (now owned by L. A. Car Guy) won't be liable for past service issues with the old dealer.

To those of you who may have received bad oils, contact Melinda or Marlese at Mitsubishi in Cypress at (888) 648-7820. Do not speak with anyone else. These two have been receiving the bulk of the complaints and the other C.S people may not be familiar with this issue. They may ask you for documentation. Then go speak with Ed.

To the rest of you, please tell anyone you know who has received TC service here. You may save them a handful of grief if their TC has not begun to howl. And if you've got some free time, call Ed at (310) 255-0773. If he's sticking to the policy, try to persuade him to order the Diaqueen #MZ313376. Maybe if he hears it enough, it will get through his knucklehead... and a few innocents will be spared.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=117596&highlight=transmission+oil+part+number
http://www.teamrip.com/images/EVO%204-8%20transmissions/EVO8%20T-case-9.jpg

leaveit2bevo
02-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Im not supprised, I just cant believe its now owned by somebody else and there still retarded over there. Thanks for the info if they are using the wrong TC oil agianst the manual that sounds like a lawsuit.

toku-one
02-28-2005, 05:34 PM
i only use the diaqueen after reading the buschur forums
i told TO mitsu to keep it in stock for us

GokuSSJ4
02-28-2005, 05:36 PM
you might want to edit the title or at least include some of the information to what this thread is about.

Pops
02-28-2005, 06:00 PM
i only use the diaqueen after reading the buschur forums
i told TO mitsu to keep it in stock for us

Yeah, I picked some up last week. They said it's flying off of the shelf now.

toku-one
02-28-2005, 06:14 PM
very nice. they stock bg synchroshift too

Thedread
02-28-2005, 06:41 PM
very nice. they stock bg synchroshift too

I suspect you used Thousand Oaks Mitsu for service...how do you like their service?

toku-one
02-28-2005, 06:46 PM
nope, my cars never been to a shop.

ive heard good and bad things about them and they will void your warranty for anything after the air filter and before the cat.

Macky
02-28-2005, 06:52 PM
bump for the info

BOO5150
03-01-2005, 02:50 AM
:oops: Thought you were talking about blown Scion TC's. Thanks for the info anyway!

Blak94GSX
03-01-2005, 03:29 AM
I don't know which is worse, having to say Bevo was right, or having a messed up xfer case...

Pops
03-01-2005, 08:31 AM
I don't know which is worse, having to say Bevo was right, or having a messed up xfer case...

Oh the pain! :lol:

The transfer case because it could totally be avoided (and the business ethics involved to even let it go this far).

At least Bevo makes you laugh. :)

drmosh
03-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Yeah the evo TC is very picky...

Skiracer
03-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Is the Ed you referring to in the original post the same Ed that worked under previous SM Mitsu management or is it a new guy?

Pops
03-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Is the Ed you referring to in the original post the same Ed that worked under previous SM Mitsu management or is it a new guy?

2 Eds under previous mgt. Ed Froman, who ran the service department (gone now) and Ed Klein, who was the service manager.

Ed Klien is still here. He worked there before which makes his statements so whacky. He has a nice demenor, but man, what a mean thing to do to customers. He's got to have at least 5 or 6 years under his belt at this location.

There are 4 or 5 Evo owners he told to piss up a rope last year after he put GL 4 transmission oil in their transfer cases. He's been telling everyone the aftermarket clutches are the culprits for their front dif failures.

He stands by GL 4 in the Transfer Case as of last week. So if you've been there for a transfer case oil change, you need to change it out immediatly or you'll be buying expensive parts soon.

I wonder what Mitsubishi is going to do when someone with a stock evo gets hosed.

leaveit2bevo
03-01-2005, 12:57 PM
I thought after a change of ownership they would become half way decent but when they rehire the same stupid bastards over and over again you cant win, Ed was the same guy who lied to me and told me they were working on my car when it was really covered in dust on some other lot.

Pops
03-01-2005, 01:23 PM
I thought after a change of ownership they would become half way decent but when they rehire the same stupid bastards over and over again you cant win, Ed was the same guy who lied to me and told me they were working on my car when it was really covered in dust on some other lot.

Yeah, they got rid of Woody and Pops, my favorite mechanics.

Do you know who Ed was referring to about those aftermarket clutch installs?

leaveit2bevo
03-01-2005, 01:25 PM
I dont know who they were, ive never seen any evos being worked on there.

CT9A RS
03-01-2005, 02:40 PM
man that sounds horrible.

Pops
03-01-2005, 03:34 PM
man that sounds horrible.

Yup.

SM Mitsu: Come on down, we reccommend this oil, it is all you need

Customer: Great!

Customer: You're oils fucked my car up

SM Mitsu: Tough shit. We're not responsible. a) That was the last dealer/owner b) You have aftermarket parts and they caused problem C) you installed them yourself

Mitsu Corp: Deal with the past dealer, here's his number. He's bankrupt.

Next Customer: What oil do you reccommend?

SM Mitsu: Come on down, we reccommend this oil, it is all you need........

:banghead:

Skiracer
03-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Heh, i just called them about an oil change, they want $89!!! WTF? I negotiated it down to $20 if i bring my own oil in.

Luscious
03-02-2005, 05:02 PM
How in the world would an aftermarket clutch (in and of itself) blow up a transfer case?
I fear the day I might have to bring my car in for any semi-major service work.

rammsteinmatt
03-02-2005, 06:08 PM
How in the world would an aftermarket clutch (in and of itself) blow up a transfer case?

I fear the day I might have to bring my car in for any semi-major service work.

well because the aftermarket clutch engages engine power better than the stocker, because BS...and mainly its the coustomer's fault because BS, furthermore BS, which leads to BS :roll:

Pops
03-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Heh, i just called them about an oil change, they want $89!!! WTF? I negotiated it down to $20 if i bring my own oil in.

Call him back and ask them how much to change tc and transmission fluids and which ones he uses. He's got to have seen this post by now so I wonder what he'll say.

BTW, my local 76 station charges me $20 w/ my own oil and filter and he does it as soon immediatly.

Filter $4, Oil $18 (4.5qts) , Labor $10. $10 for profit - 76.

SM Mitsu tried to make $57 off of you for an oil change.

Ha!

Skiracer
03-02-2005, 08:14 PM

Call him back and ask them how much to change tc and transmission fluids and which ones he uses. He's got to have seen this post by now so I wonder what he'll say.

BTW, my local 76 station charges me $20 w/ my own oil and filter and he does it as soon immediatly.

Ha!

I think Bevo should call him back for us since his favorite guy Mark is working there again...

Anyways,I just got my oil change done at Miller Mitsu. Cost me $21 and i brought my own oil.

leaveit2bevo
03-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Mark is a cunt he told rich his after market front strut bar would void his warrenty

Pops
03-03-2005, 12:24 AM
[quote="skiracer_blah"]Heh, i just called them about an oil change, they want $89!!! WTF? I negotiated it down to $20 if i bring my own oil in.

Ha!

I think Bevo should call him back for us since his favorite guy Mark is working there again...

quote]

Great.....He can help Ed read the TSB's....

erikgj
03-03-2005, 09:08 AM

How about both. :cry:

erikgj
03-03-2005, 09:08 AM
duplicate post

Pops
03-14-2005, 06:55 PM
So I get this in the mail today:

YOUR MITSUBISHI RETAILER IS THERE FOR YOU.Mitsubishi Santa Monica/address/phone

Greeting from you local Mitsubishi Retailers. We want to know that we've got your back (like a dog on my leg). We stand behind our cars like no one else, with dependable service and unbeatable warrantee coverager(or lack thereof....)

KNOW WHERE TO GO. Santa Monica Mitsubishi no longer represents the Miitsubishi brand for sales or warranty services (we're just covering our asses so you won't try to come sue us because the last guys fu{ked up your car - just thought we'd remind you).However, your other local Mitsubishi Retailers are ready to help you keep your Mitsubishi running smoothly. For your convenience, here is an updated list of the Autorized Mitsubishi Retailrs in your area. Nobody knows your Mitsubishi like our Factory-Trained Technicians, so you can depend on them to perforom all of your vehicle services.

They moved the name Mitusbishi from back to front. Now it's official. Instead of: Stay away from Santa Monica Mitsubishi; Stay away from Mitsubishi Santa Monica.

leaveit2bevo
03-14-2005, 07:01 PM
lol thats gay at least mitsubishi now realizes how bad SM sucks

Richard EVO
03-14-2005, 07:03 PM
"Santa Monica Mitsubishi no longer represents the Miitsubishi brand for sales or warranty services."

WTF does that mean? They don't sell or service Mitsubishi's??? Then how can they be a Mitsu dealer?

Like Cartman, "I call Shenanigans!!!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/cartman.jpg

Pops
03-14-2005, 11:17 PM
"Santa Monica Mitsubishi no longer represents the Miitsubishi brand for sales or warranty services."

WTF does that mean? They don't sell or service Mitsubishi's??? Then how can they be a Mitsu dealer?

Like Cartman, "I call Shenanigans!!!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/cartman.jpg

They think that because they change their name from Santa Monica Mitsubishi, to Mitsubishi Santa Monica, people won't notice.

Nice shell game. What a bunch of carni hacks. :lol: