PDA

View Full Version : Evo 9 announcement

wilson1
03-01-2005, 11:35 PM
http://media.mitsubishi-motors.com/pressrelease/e/products/detail1228.html

HOME > Corporate Info > Press Release > Products

Mitsubishi Motors launches Lancer Evolution IX hi-performance 4WD sports sedan

Lancer Evolution IX

Tokyo, March 2, 2005 — Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) today announced that the Lancer Evolution IX high-performance 4WD sports sedan would go on sale at affiliated dealerships throughout Japan on March 3, 2005. With a 2.0-liter intercooler-turbocharged engine powering all four wheels through an electronically controlled 4WD system, Evolution IX raises all dynamic performance parameters to a new level. Tax inclusive prices range from 2,940,000 yen to 3,570,000 yen.

Evolution IX marks the 12th model in the series, which has also included an automatic transmission model, since the Lancer Evolution debuted in October 1992. Major features distinguishing the latest model include the adoption of Mitsubishi's proprietary MIVEC*1 variable valve timing technology in the intake system and improvements to the turbocharger that result in higher torque and produce better response for improved engine performance across its full rev range. New front and rear bumpers bring both high aerodynamics and cooling performance.

Evolution IX is offered in three trim levels. The flagship GSR grade features Mitsubishi Motors' cutting-edge ACD*2 + Super AYC*3 + Sports ABS*4 electronically controlled all-wheel control component system and a 6-speed manual gearbox. The motorsport-specification RS uses a special lightweight body, a new titanium-magnesium turbocharger, 5-speed gearbox and ACD + mechanical rear LSD all-wheel control. New for Evolution IX is the GT grade that brings together RS's turbocharger and drivetrain specification and GSR's comfort-bias body with its enhanced sound deadening. Allowing owners to customize their Evolution IX's to individual needs and preferences, a comprehensive range of factory- and dealer-fitted options as well as Ralliart tuning and dress up parts are available.

I . Product features

1. Exterior

* In an integral molding, the new front bumper houses an oversize mesh grille to raise engine cooling efficiency and also locates the Mitsubishi 3-diamond emblem. All unnecessary openings on the undersurface of the bumper have been closed off to reduce air resistance.
* The new rear bumper features a diffuser undersurface in a distinctive design that shapes the corners to stabilize air flow detachment and reduce drag and that adds to Evolution's sedan-racer looks.
* The rear wing assembly uses molded vertical components color-keyed to the body and a carbon-fiber hollow spoiler that lowers the center of gravity.
* Dark-clear extensions on headlamps and rear lamps enhance the car's premium appearance.
* GSR and GT trim levels run on Enkei 17x8JJ lightweight 5-double-spoke alloy road wheels that are 0.15 kg per wheel lighter than those fitted to Evolution VIII MR.
* Evolution IX is available with a new air dam extension and rear wing Gurney flap (dealer options) that further improve aero efficiency. These advanced aero devices improve high-speed handling and stability by reducing front and rear wheel lift and enhancing the front-rear aero balance.

2. Interior

* Dashboard ornamentation on GSR and GT models is clear coated with a rich carbon-like finish.
* GSR and GT models use new alloy accelerator, brake and clutch pedals designed for sport driving as well as to accent the sedan-racer look to the cockpit.
* GSR uses Recaro bucket seats. The squab facing uses non-slip Alcantara suede upholstery that keeps the occupant fresh and comfortable even on longer journeys while the side bolster facings are covered in genuine leather making the seats easier to get in and out of and also adding a touch of choice luxury to the interior.
* GSR is equipped with a carbon shifter panel embellished with the Lancer Evolution logo.
* GSR and GT models use a high-density dash silencer and double-sealing weatherstrips that reduce interior noise levels.

3. Engine & transmission

* For Evolution IX the 4G63 engine gains Mitsubishi's MIVEC variable valve timing technology that improves top-end output as well as fuel efficiency. MIVEC technology allows GSR to return 10.0 km/l in the Japanese 10-15 mode driving cycle, equivalent to a three percent improvement in mileage.
* On GSR, the turbocharger uses a lengthened diffuser to generate more low-end and mid-range torque (400 N-m(40.8 kg-m)/3000rpm) as well as bring a significant improvement in response (average 5%) across the full rev range.
* On the RS and GT, the turbocharger compressor wheel uses magnesium alloy instead of aluminum alloy. This brings a dramatic improvement in supercharging response. Mated to a 5-speed gearbox with higher torque capacity, the engine has been tuned to generate maximum torque of 407 N-m(41.5 kg-m)/3000rpm.
* The 5-speed transmission used on the RS and GT derives from the close-ratio competition gearbox but has a revised top gear ratio for improved high-speed cruising.

4. Other features

* New rear springs lower vehicle height slightly, improving rear end stability (GSR and GT) and allowing the Super AYC to operate more effectively and improve steering response (GSR).
* Features retained on Evolution IX include: Evolution's well-proven lightweight and high rigidity body featuring the aluminum roof panel pioneered on Evolution VIII MR (all grades); jointly-developed Bilstein hi-response shock absorbers (GSR and GT); Mitsubishi's ACD + Super AYC + Sports ABS electronically controlled all-wheel control system (GSR); and Brembo ventilated disc brakes (GSR and GT).

*1: Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control system

*2: ACD (Active Center Differential)
The ACD incorporates an electronically controlled hydraulic multi-plate clutch. An ECU optimizes clutch cover clamp load for different driving conditions, regulating the differential limiting action between free and locked states. The result is improved steering response together with better traction. ACD provides three modes — Tarmac / Gravel / Snow — to enable quicker control response for changes in road surface. A single ECU provides integrated management of both ACD and Super AYC components.

*3: Super AYC (Active Yaw Control)
Mitsubishi's Active Yaw Control system uses a torque-transfer mechanism in the rear differential. Under ECU control, the system operates to raise cornering performance by transferring torque between the rear wheels as dictated by driving conditions and so control the yaw moment acting on the car body. In an evolutionary step, switching from the use of a bevel to a planetary gear differential gave Super AYC the ability to transfer almost twice the torque between the rear wheels. As well as reducing understeer further, it delivers LSD-level traction. The use of a single ECU to integrally manage Super AYC with the ACD results in a synergism that makes both components operate more effectively than if they were under independent control.

*4: Sport ABS braking
The system ECU uses information from a steering angle sensor that detects steering inputs as well as from lateral G and vehicle speed sensors to apportion pressure to each of the four wheels independently. The result is improved steering response under braking. Mitsubishi's Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) system, integral with Sports ABS, optimizes allocation of braking force between the front and rear wheels. Increasing the pressure applied to the rear wheels when braking close to the limit, EBD reduces the load on the front wheels to realize better anti-fade performance. The system also compensates for changes in surface and vehicle load conditions to ensure predictable and consistent stopping performance at all times.

II . Sales information

1. Sales target: 5,000 units

2. Available at: MMC affiliated dealerships throughout Japan

3. Manufacturers Recommended Retail Price (nationwide, yen)

Trim level Engine Transmission Drivetrain MRRP
Ex-tax Tax inclusive
GSR 2.0-liter
4-cylinder DOHC
16-valve MIVEC
with intercooler -
turbocharger 6M/T Full-time
electronically
controlled
4WD 3,400,000 3,570,000
GT 5M/T Full-time 4WD 3,160,000 3,318,000
RS 2,800,000 2,940,000

(c) 2003 Mitsubishi Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

HOME | Media Services | Site Map | Site Disclaimer | Search
Japanese English All

rammsteinmatt
03-01-2005, 11:42 PM
find the best half of all that stuff, and cross it off cause we wont get it if mitsu sticks to past precedents :wink:

leaveit2bevo
03-02-2005, 12:10 AM
thats wack the gt dosent get the sayc cuase forget the 6speed it dosent even get the titanium charger

GokuSSJ4
03-02-2005, 01:59 AM
those are nice models that they will have for Japan and other countries but what will the US get ?? :?

Macky
03-02-2005, 09:55 AM
i hate it when my sources were right a few months back, goku now do you believe me? 8)

ovenmit331
03-02-2005, 10:02 AM
GREAT read, but whens it coming here? and what are they gonna scratch off the list?

PacMan
03-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Exterior accessories.
Sorry it's Japanese but you get some ideas :wink:
All of accessories will fit VIII & MR.
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/EVO/do_exterior01.html
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/EVO/do_exterior02.html

Chris in SD
03-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Tom @ HB Mitsu says the US version will have a 2.4L turbo MIVEC...

EVOate909
03-02-2005, 12:40 PM
YES finally an AUTOMATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :?

WavMixer
03-02-2005, 12:55 PM
i hate it when my sources were right a few months back, goku now do you believe me? 8)Are you ready to trade your MR in for a IX?

Macky
03-02-2005, 01:03 PM
i hate it when my sources were right a few months back, goku now do you believe me? 8)Are you ready to trade your MR in for a IX?

nope.

of the 100 white MR's in the US, and one of 200 Red MR's, why in the hell would i go trade both in? :wink:

having bought a montero recently that pretty much leaves me with no more for the 9 8)

GokuSSJ4
03-02-2005, 01:14 PM

nope.

of the 100 white MR's in the US, and one of 200 Red MR's, why in the hell would i go trade both in? :wink:

having bought a montero recently that pretty much leaves me with no more for the 9 8)

thats what he said about the MR :roll:

apexstrafer
03-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Exterior accessories.
Sorry it's Japanese but you get some ideas :wink:
All of accessories will fit VIII & MR.
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/EVO/do_exterior01.html
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/EVO/do_exterior02.html

wwwwwwwttttttttffffffffff????????
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/EVO/img_do/exterior01_12.jpg

Macky
03-02-2005, 01:22 PM
thats what he said about the MR :roll:

8) shhhh

GokuSSJ4
03-02-2005, 01:23 PM
i wonder if the US model will have S AYC ??

ScoobySteve
03-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Only if we get Super AYC. I doubt however that the model will be changed to a 2.4L MIVEC. THe entire prospect of the Lancer Evolution is to be a 2.0L Rally inspired street vehicle. Many SCCA, and Prorally enthusiast would be really disappointed if ti was a 2.4L. Makes them race in an open class when the Evo's should be running in the 2.0L class. If the Evo goes 2.4L my respect for it siiiiinks like it did when the STi went 2.5L. -_- If the IX comes in an MR edition that has SUper AYC, MIVEC, and an uber ACD, there's going to be a new monster on the road.

jdmitr
03-02-2005, 01:33 PM

2.4L w/ MIVEC?? man if thats true then im SOLD lol.

Chris in SD
03-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Guys, Tom is not one to talk out of his ass. TRUST ME - I don't post bogus crap here.

Tom showed me the spec/order sheet for '05 Evos and MRs a LONG time before they came out. I even verbally ordered a white MR w/everything, but alas, I couldn't take it.

If Tom has info that the IX will be a 2.4L MIVEC, believe it. It should be a sick monster, esp. if you buy a titanium/magnesium turbo from an RS later. If it comes with ALL of those goodies, I actually might swoop for it. Of course, this time I'll wait for the second model year... :roll:

GokuSSJ4
03-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Only if we get Super AYC. I doubt however that the model will be changed to a 2.4L MIVEC. THe entire prospect of the Lancer Evolution is to be a 2.0L Rally inspired street vehicle. Many SCCA, and Prorally enthusiast would be really disappointed if ti was a 2.4L. Makes them race in an open class when the Evo's should be running in the 2.0L class. If the Evo goes 2.4L my respect for it siiiiinks like it did when the STi went 2.5L. -_- If the IX comes in an MR edition that has SUper AYC, MIVEC, and an uber ACD, there's going to be a new monster on the road.

if the MR version is available w/ 2.0l MIVEC, S- AYC /ACD, front LSD and 6 speed i my consider trading for it. Other wise the VIII stays.

what are the difference between the regular turbo available for this models compare to the titanium/magnesium turbo from an RS ??

nijikon5
03-02-2005, 02:00 PM
The Titanium Magnesium turbo supposedly will have great potential according to Hung. It also has pretty amazing Torque #s.

Chris in SD
03-02-2005, 02:02 PM
It should be a sick monster, esp. if you buy a titanium/magnesium turbo from an RS later.

GokuSSJ4
03-02-2005, 02:19 PM
It should be a sick monster, esp. if you buy a titanium/magnesium turbo from an RS later.
i read that part, the reason why i posted the question is because i wanted to know if anyone knew the difference with the new turbo from an RS

Macky
03-02-2005, 02:27 PM

just so you know, another manufacturer already broke the WRC/Rally rules – the STI.

The 9 will have a 2.4 MIVEC engine, output at least 290-300 hp, and is more or less aimed directly at the US STI.

The 9 wouldn’t have an MR version unlike the 8, as the MR features are already on the 9 (at least some of them are) and since it’s the last model for the chassis/car, its doubtful they would build another special production car. The point of the MR was to showcase the features that were inherited from Mitsubishi Racing – no need to reiterate it yet again since its already out of the bag.

Obviously the US will get a watered down version – how much exactly is still up in the air. For sure it will have different wheels standard (like ive said before) and the BBS is most likely an option in the top model unit (could be standard on it), as well as the aluminum roof. All 3 models will most likely be sharing a lot of stuff, but the top line model will cost as much, if not more/less, than an MR – so waiting for it will be almost the same as buying an MR – only its called a 9.

Chris in SD
03-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Goku - I wasn't directing that at you, but at the Knarf who repeated what I just wrote... LOL

Macky
03-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Goku - I wasn't directing that at you, but at the Knarf who repeated what I just wrote... LOL

goku's been pretty sensitive - especially anything about the MR :lol: :wink:

rammsteinmatt
03-02-2005, 03:05 PM
so should i wait for a second-year IX or a VIII in the next couple months?

GokuSSJ4
03-02-2005, 03:37 PM

oh LOL i figure but didnt know, :mrgreen:

nijikon5
03-02-2005, 06:21 PM
You figured nothing.

BOVBILLY
03-02-2005, 06:23 PM
WHAT I HEARD FROM A LITTLE BIRDIE WAS, MITSU. HASN'T LEARNED TO INCORPORATE THE MIVEC WITH A TURBO.

DON'T HATE OR ANYTHING, THAT IS WHAT I HEARD!

apexstrafer
03-02-2005, 06:41 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/apexstrafer/exterior01_i02.jpg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/apexstrafer/exterior01_i01.jpg

hksevo8
03-02-2005, 06:48 PM

I have faith in what Chris is saying only I wonder if this combo will pass Federal emissions regulations? MIVEC and Turbo are different than what is already in the US market.

GokuSSJ4
03-02-2005, 07:02 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/apexstrafer/exterior01_i02.jpg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/apexstrafer/exterior01_i01.jpg

i want the front and rear bumper from the evo ix :shock:

drmosh
03-02-2005, 08:06 PM
The EVO 9 is already on the Japanese Mitsu website... there's also an option for Rays (Volk) wheels, the CE28's in gold like gt40 has on the website:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/EVO/do_exterior01.html#

Click on the link below Exterior.

EvoPwr
03-02-2005, 08:18 PM
:shock: dam thats hot

rammsteinmatt
03-02-2005, 09:27 PM
:shock: dam thats hot

well put. eventhough its pretty rice, those LEDs on the fromt make it look mean :wink:

CT9A RS
03-02-2005, 09:51 PM
i just want that sexy ass rear bumper.

ScoobySteve
03-02-2005, 09:58 PM
The 05WRC Evo and Sti are still 2.0L, I can understand the whole notion of "there's no replacement for displacement" mindset, because it's true, but I don't understand why not make the same numbers with the same classic displacement?

rammsteinmatt
03-02-2005, 10:10 PM
The 05WRC Evo and Sti are still 2.0L, I can understand the whole notion of "there's no replacement for displacement" mindset, because it's true, but I don't understand why not make the same numbers with the same classic displacement?

because like you said, there is no replacement for displacement. if they can sell a car with 2.4L there is alot more potential power wise from the engine. and it seems to be the general consensus on this board that more power=better/more fun car. same numbers=boringness, otherwise all the cars on the board would still be stock (with warranties :lol: ok, maybe not)

and the WRC cars still run 2.0L in accordance with FIA rules (although its really 1997cc)

leaveit2bevo
03-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Im going to call bullshit on the 2.4l engine, mitsu is poor it would cost to much for them to make 2 different engines for japan and us.

PacMan
03-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I received an answer from Mitsu Japan.

"It is possible to install it physically by exchanging Assembly (the entire bumper).
However, because the installation confirmation is not done in equipment and parts other than the standard's being set, concluding answer cannot be able to be done to our regret.

I will introduce the MSRP referring as follows.
・Front Bumper (including tax): 45,045 yen.
・Rear Bumper (including tax): 42,420 yen."

Front is about $430.00 and rear is $405.00

Macky
03-03-2005, 01:04 AM
Im going to call bullshit on the 2.4l engine, mitsu is poor it would cost to much for them to make 2 different engines for japan and us.

could be, some places say its a 2.0 Mivec. while some say 2.4...weird really, but it would make some sense making a 2.4 just to rival the STi - nothing more.

leaveit2bevo
03-03-2005, 01:23 AM

could be, some places say its a 2.0 Mivec. while some say 2.4...weird really, but it would make some sense making a 2.4 just to rival the STi - nothing more.

true I could be wrong, I just dont see mitsu spending the extra cash on a diff engine when the MR already put down more hp than the sti.

Chrison
03-03-2005, 02:06 AM
If we really getting 2.4, we will all fxxked.......can blow the engine easily...no more mod on the 2.4.
But of what i heard, the reason they have RS n GT without AYC n jump back to 5speed, because of the US market.
They dont wana spend extra money to make diff. model for every country.
Because of US, the JDM version has the USDM front bumper beam.

ERGO EVO
03-03-2005, 03:24 AM

That is incorrect.

ERGO EVO
03-03-2005, 03:27 AM
Guys, Tom is not one to talk out of his ass. TRUST ME - I don't post bogus crap here.

Tom showed me the spec/order sheet for '05 Evos and MRs a LONG time before they came out. I even verbally ordered a white MR w/everything, but alas, I couldn't take it.

If Tom has info that the IX will be a 2.4L MIVEC, believe it. It should be a sick monster, esp. if you buy a titanium/magnesium turbo from an RS later. If it comes with ALL of those goodies, I actually might swoop for it. Of course, this time I'll wait for the second model year... :roll:

Tom is wrong dude.

ERGO EVO
03-03-2005, 03:29 AM

Good call...

GokuSSJ4
03-03-2005, 10:34 AM
I received an answer from Mitsu Japan.

"It is possible to install it physically by exchanging Assembly (the entire bumper).
However, because the installation confirmation is not done in equipment and parts other than the standard's being set, concluding answer cannot be able to be done to our regret.

I will introduce the MSRP referring as follows.
?Front Bumper (including tax): 45,045 yen.
?Rear Bumper (including tax): 42,420 yen."

Front is about $430.00 and rear is $405.00

time to start saving my pennies for the front and rear bumper (w/ defuser)

Chris in SD
03-03-2005, 11:09 AM

Tom is wrong dude.

Well, big fella, step up and present differing facts. I have known Tom for a while now and he has NEVER fed me or anyone else BS. Unlike you, who I don't know from Adam other than your succint, garbage replies.

As for the 2.4L not being feasible, consider that it is an engine already in production (non-turbocharged form). It's much like Subie adapting the 2.5L solely for the US market. The latest and greatest STi is 2.0L everywhere else in the world.

I'm not here for a pissing match (as Bevo, et al, know), but I hate when people post shit like, "Nope", or "You're wrong" and the do nothing to support it. This isn't EvoM, chief... :roll:

Macky
03-03-2005, 11:17 AM

Tom is wrong dude.

do you actually know him? he is a close personal/family friend and i take it seriously when mindless accusations with no factual basis are thrown around. you better watch what you are doing. you dont want the wrong people take your posts the wrong way.

as far as the US getting either a 2.0 or 2.4 Evo motor, its still possible either way. both engines actually exist. its not that hard for them to develop a motor already running into turbocharged guise.

like Chris said, this aint EvoM. dont come here with these short ass remarks. :roll:

Chris in SD
03-03-2005, 11:31 AM
I e-mailed Tom to see if he could shed any first-hand light on the subject.

ERGO EVO
03-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Start doing your homework better. I'm officially done with this thread.

Tom is wrong dude.

do you actually know him? he is a close personal/family friend and i take it seriously when mindless accusations with no factual basis are thrown around. you better watch what you are doing. you dont want the wrong people take your posts the wrong way.

as far as the US getting either a 2.0 or 2.4 Evo motor, its still possible either way. both engines actually exist. its not that hard for them to develop a motor already running into turbocharged guise.

like Chris said, this aint EvoM. dont come here with these short ass remarks. :roll:

EvolveMR
03-03-2005, 06:14 PM

Tom is wrong dude.

This thread is getting out of control here. I don't think anyone was trying to start problems. I personally know both Macky and Ergo Evo and Ergo does know a whole lot about the Evo and Wrx of all models in particular. If he posted something in here then it wasnt just to be a jerk. Now I'm not saying that it is fair to say such things and not back them up with solid facts on a board. There are lots of things that cannot be discussed in detail on message boards, I'm sure he has his reasons why he cannot explain why.

True it did appear that his replies seemed harsh, its a msg board, things can be taken so many different ways. I am also sure he has good reason for posting such responses. As I said, I know Ergo very well and I know that he doesnt just make stuff up. Ergo does actually post quite a few very helpful, very informative threads on these boards.

Tarmac02
03-03-2005, 06:23 PM
I'll second the previous post. Ergo is a good guy, very knowledgeable with DEEP roots in the automotive industry. I'm not saying this whole thing is impossible because Subaru surprised the world with the 2.5 STi. But Subie was in a much better financial situation. So until I see it right in front of me with shining 2.4 liter TITS then I'm gonna call BS.

EVO Neil
03-03-2005, 11:30 PM
You guys need to chill out on Ergo Evo, he is a smart well-informed person intimately involved in the automotive business. Maybe he knows something others don't.

On a personal level, he is one of my best friends and a very straight shooter.

It'll all be settled after the New York auto show, when the information becomes public after the U.S. Evo IX gets introduced. All we've seen posted is JDM Evo IX info which has little to do with U.S. spec Evo's.

Richard EVO
03-04-2005, 10:47 AM
When is the NY Show???

Macky
03-04-2005, 10:59 AM

i have more important things to do than prove you otherwise.

next time be more careful in what you say and how you say it. that was the whole damn problem bud.

evolved
03-04-2005, 11:03 AM
This is why alot of us new guys dont like posting.
Yall need to relax a little.

Luscious
03-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that getting all upset over a discussion about whether or not the US EVO IX will have a 2.0 or 2.4 a gigantic waste of energy?

GokuSSJ4
03-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that getting all upset over a discussion about whether or not the US EVO IX will have a 2.0 or 2.4 a gigantic waste of energy?

I believe that the reason why Chris and Macky get upset is not so much of the discussion of the motor that the Evo IX US spec will bring. They get upset because they know Tom From HB and the information that they have posted comes from him.
Bottom line: We won't know about the IX till they release it for the US market. All we can say are rumors or opinions to what we believe the IX will bring, nothing OFFICIAL.

Macky
03-04-2005, 11:24 AM
I believe that the reason why Chris and Macky get upset is not so much of the discussion of the motor that the Evo IX US spec will bring. They get upset because they know Tom From HB and the information that they have posted comes from him.
Bottom line: We won't know about the IX till they release it for the US market. All we can say are rumors or opinions to what we believe the IX will bring, nothing OFFICIAL.

JanSolo
03-04-2005, 12:05 PM
next time be more careful in what you say and how you say it. that was the whole damn problem bud.

That or you're just too sensitive. ;)

Macky
03-04-2005, 12:27 PM

That or you're just too sensitive. ;)

both :wink:

hksevo8
03-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Tom is only a dealer, and not the manufacturer. I am only stating a fact. As with any new model, we will know what this market will get when it has arrived on our shores. For the mean time, lets just try to get excited about the possiblilty that a the EVO IX will actually make it here at all.

WavMixer
03-04-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't care if the IX makes it here or not. I've got mine now and that's all that counts. Actually if they stopped bringing Evos into the US, I would be a happy camper. My car would hold it's value much better if you couldn't get any more new ones here. :D

leaveit2bevo
03-04-2005, 03:08 PM
the evo will get here, its the only car mitsu is making a lot of money on. The only reason I could see it not coming is expensive warraty claims.

ovenmit331
03-04-2005, 03:16 PM
the evo will get here, its the only car mitsu is making a lot of money on. The only reason I could see it not coming is expensive warraty claims.

granted, they're making money off evo's, but not a lot. look how many they sell compared to their total sales numbers

Chris in SD
03-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Neil,

You know I am as respectful of people's opinion as anyone, I just don't take to people making curt, blanket statements without some form of justification. If your buddy had stated that he is in the industry, knows differently, but couldn't state what/where/when/why/etc., I would be the first to understand. Sounds like a lot of jobs I've had...

My ENTIRE point was that Tom @ HB has been very consistent providing solid info and I wanted to pass along what he'd told us before. If he's wrong, he (and I) would be the first to admit it.

I highly doubt I'll buy another Evo, but I figured some people might be interested to know what's been reported. I know it's a "possibility", not fact, but I never presented it as fact. It's kinda like the next SVT Cobra having an IRS, right? :wink:

leaveit2bevo
03-04-2005, 03:49 PM
mitsu knows how to make a 2.4l engine where as svt does not know how to make good irs :P

Evo8you
03-05-2005, 01:51 AM
So would it be a 4G64T? Not a 4G63T?

Jakeg97
03-06-2005, 03:11 PM

i dont think the 9 wil be a 2.4L, maybe the 10...

Jakeg97
03-06-2005, 03:13 PM

why not get a first year 9?

Jakeg97
03-06-2005, 03:19 PM

why would mitsu make a 2.4L for america while the japan evo 9 motor is still the 2.0L ?

Jakeg97
03-06-2005, 03:22 PM
When is the NY Show???

end of this month

http://www.autoshowny.com/

rammsteinmatt
03-06-2005, 03:24 PM

why not get a first year 9?

lots of reasons. mechanical problems and huge markup to name a few

Macky
03-06-2005, 05:55 PM

why would mitsu make a 2.4L for america while the japan evo 9 motor is still the 2.0L ?

same reason Subaru made a 2.5 for the US market while the rest of the world got a 2.0 silly.

EVO Neil
03-06-2005, 06:00 PM
When is the NY Show???

end of this month

http://www.autoshowny.com/

I knew it was coming up. Press Preview
(media credentials required) Wednesday March 23rd & Thursday March 24th

Information should be on Mitsubishi's web site after the press announcement, whichever day they plan on doing it, 23rd or 24th.

Jakeg97
03-06-2005, 10:59 PM
same reason Subaru made a 2.5 for the US market while the rest of the world got a 2.0 silly.

mitsu is not subaru

Macky
03-06-2005, 11:00 PM

mitsu is not subaru

and your point is? :roll:

Jakeg97
03-06-2005, 11:41 PM
and your point is? :roll:

so what if subaru did what you said. it doesnt mean the 'in the red' mitsu will do the same thing

i just think that the us evo9 will be a 2.0L and not bigger. although it would be nice if it had a larger block. just not really cost effective move for mitsubishi

Macky
03-07-2005, 12:46 AM
thats what majority here have already pointed out. its most likely going to be a 2.0 four, the 2.4 rumor, should it happen, would be more likely just an answer to the US STi. nothing more.

i think this topic has been beaten to death already.

rammsteinmatt
03-07-2005, 01:43 AM
i think this topic has been beaten to death already.

:werd:

gofaster87
03-07-2005, 12:03 PM

nope.

Wow those colors must be special. The Evo is not a collectors item Macky and probably wont be any special for another 10 to 15 years. You guys are ridiculous.

Macky
03-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Wow those colors must be special. The Evo is not a collectors item Macky and probably wont be any special for another 10 to 15 years. You guys are ridiculous.

i didnt say it was a collectors item did i not?

i just simply stated what the numbers indicated as far as how many units arrived in that color.

does that make it a collector's item? no. does this post prove you have nothing better to do than scrutinize what you dont know? yes.

give it a break :roll:

hksevo8
03-07-2005, 03:10 PM
I think some people are confused. It is a better financial decison to develop one, let me repeat, one platform for a world market. It is more expensive to build one motor for this car that is going to that continent and a completly different motor for the same car to go to another continent. The thing that will most likely keep the 2.4 MIVEC from coming to this shore is the federalization process the motor must go through. I am tossed up as to what the 9 will have under the hood. Lets just hope Mitsu will be around long enough to bring the 9 here.

tlcrox
03-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I've been out of the store alot lately, and have just today checked the forum. I didn't mean to cause such controversy. The information I give you on the IX what I get from local Mitsubishi corporate officials. I don't promise anything as fact, we will know soon enough what engine it will have. I get a new product briefing shortly, so if I can add anything, I will.

Tom
Huntington Beach Mitsubishi

Chris in SD
03-07-2005, 04:05 PM
I've been out of the store alot lately, and have just today checked the forum. I didn't mean to cause such controversy. The information I give you on the IX what I get from local Mitsubishi corporate officials. I don't promise anything as fact, we will know soon enough what engine it will have. I get a new product briefing shortly, so if I can add anything, I will.

Tom
Huntington Beach Mitsubishi

Once again, Tom comes through. If you read my original post, I never said what Tom told me was gospel, just what was rumbling around. I am excited about the prospect of the IX, too.

leaveit2bevo
03-07-2005, 05:11 PM

nope.

well if you think about it the 03 gsr is the first evo to ge here so its more of a collectable, and the 9 will be the last evo on this platform so it will be a colllectable ( to some) the MR is just a 6 speed and a thin roof.

Richard EVO
03-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Don't kid yourself. No EVO is going to be collectible for about 15 - 20 years. Holding onto it for that long as an investment makes absolutely no sense. Just have fun driving it into the ground, and don't worry about how "rare" it is (it isn't).

Macky
03-07-2005, 06:55 PM
who said the car is a collectible? afaik, just because the MR is a "limited edition" doesnt make it a collectible.

jesus guys grow the fuck up.

Richard EVO
03-07-2005, 07:04 PM
well if you think about it the 03 gsr is the first evo to ge here so its more of a collectable, and the 9 will be the last evo on this platform so it will be a colllectable ( to some) the MR is just a 6 speed and a thin roof.

Macky - No one is saying you said "collectable." But bevo did.

GokuSSJ4
03-07-2005, 07:09 PM

nope.

:lol:

gofaster87
03-07-2005, 07:25 PM

i didnt say it was a collectors item did i not?

i just simply stated what the numbers indicated as far as how many units arrived in that color.

does that make it a collector's item? no. does this post prove you have nothing better to do than scrutinize what you dont know? yes.

give it a break :roll:

You give it a break. No one gives a shit about your MR which you mention in almost every post. Lets not start the who knows more crap either, knowing book facts and being able to strip a car, build it up and put it back together are two different things. The funny thing is I make a shit load of money while I sit online scrutinizing things so does it matter to me? NO.

Macky
03-07-2005, 10:08 PM
--member edit--

sam please check pm, thanks

Absinthe
03-08-2005, 12:00 PM
No one gives a shit about your MR which you mention in almost every post.

dude, Macky got an MR I had no idea...

GokuSSJ4
03-08-2005, 12:05 PM

dude, Macky got an MR I had no idea...

are you serious ??? you didn't know about it :roll: i find that hard to believe, and i get critized for not reading :P

Absinthe
03-08-2005, 12:29 PM
sarcasm

OptimusPrime
03-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Cant we all just get along!

Absinthe
03-08-2005, 01:18 PM

no that would be no fun, besides if Im too rude Goku will just delete my posts.

EVO Neil
03-08-2005, 01:20 PM

Apparently not! Must be pick on Macky week. Jeez, so many MR haters here.

Absinthe
03-08-2005, 01:27 PM

Apparently not! Must be pick on Macky week. Jeez, so many MR haters here.

Nah Im not an MR hater I'm just having a hard time with some of the things people bieleve to be true, or how they dont understand simple english, or how they want the law not to apply to them. I just thought I'd haze macky a little becuase just about every post he made in the past few days some how involved his owning an MR or two.

To be totally clear all that other stuff has nothing to do with macky, those are other people.

WavMixer
03-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Cant we all just get along!Someone grab Billy! I feel a group hug coming on :lol:

ovenmit331
03-08-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm just having a hard time with some of the things people bieleve to be true,

"My Evo will OWN an Enzo, ANY day..."

or how they want the law not to apply to them.

"I got a ticket for goin a buck 20 in a school zone the other morning, i freakin HATE profiling cops, JUST because i've got a wing..."

Sorry totally OT, but this thread seemed to be already OT anyways...

Macky
03-08-2005, 01:33 PM
I just thought I'd haze macky a little becuase just about every post he made in the past few days some how involved his owning an MR or two.

To be totally clear all that other stuff has nothing to do with macky, those are other people.

If you had made that clear earlier then I wouldn’t have had a problem with that
8)

Absinthe
03-08-2005, 01:34 PM

GokuSSJ4
03-08-2005, 01:37 PM
at least on my be-half , i'm not hating on the MR owners (decided to leave it alone) the one that i give a hard time to at times its Macky. Even then i try not too most of the times and he has no problems with my comments.

GokuSSJ4
03-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Dave at his best :P

leaveit2bevo
03-08-2005, 01:40 PM
at least on my be-half , i'm not hating on the MR owners (decided to leave it alone) the one that i give a hard time to at times its Macky. Even then i try not too most of the times and he has no problems with my comments.

Can anybody decypher what that means?

Absinthe
03-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey lesson to me, its not nice to haze Goku this much

GokuSSJ4
is this better ??

At least on my be-half, I do not hate on the MR owners (decided to leave it alone) the one that I give a hard time to at times its Macky. Even then, I try not too most of the times. But when i make a comment he has no problems with it.

WavMixer

dude, Macky got an MR I had no idea...I knew about the 2 MRs, but a Montero too? Looks like Macky is independently trying to rescue Mitsu!!!

BTW, WTF is a Montero Evolution?

Macky
03-08-2005, 01:50 PM

dude, Macky got an MR I had no idea...I knew about the 2 MRs, but a Montero too? Looks like Macky is independently trying to rescue Mitsu!!!

Montero evolution is the Dakar Rally version of the montero/pajero

here are pics of the new baby in the family:
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album131/P3060565.jpg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album131/P3060566.jpg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album131/P3060567.jpg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album131/P3060568.jpg

leaveit2bevo
03-08-2005, 01:57 PM
that thing looks its going to topple over if you take a turn over 5mph

PacMan
03-08-2005, 05:19 PM
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/motorsports/e/05dakar/team/cars.html
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/motorsports/e/05dakar/movies/001pre_dakar300k.ram

rammsteinmatt
03-08-2005, 05:20 PM
pajaros own in their class in the dakar rallies, generally

EvoPwr
03-08-2005, 05:23 PM
that thing looks its going to topple over if you take a turn over 5mph

nah i heard it can take one at around 8 mph

tlcrox
03-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Actually, the Pajero dominates all cars at Dakar. It has won the last 5 Dakars, and 10 times total. That's more than any other manafacturer.

leaveit2bevo
03-09-2005, 01:16 AM

im lessoning

EvoPwr
03-09-2005, 01:17 AM

im lessoning

Ricky Ricardo? did i get it right?

GokuSSJ4
03-09-2005, 10:43 AM
All i can say is Latin-Lingo

apexstrafer
03-09-2005, 10:47 AM
pajero evos are BADASS!!!! I'd so get one if it wasn't such a hassle to import them.

this one's bone stock:
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/apexstrafer/Mitsubishi_Pajero_Evo_2.jpg
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/apexstrafer/Mitsubishi_Pajero_Evo.jpg

Macky
03-09-2005, 10:51 AM
damn that looks tight

Wind Racer
03-09-2005, 11:13 AM
pajero evos are BADASS!!!! I'd so get one if it wasn't such a hassle to import them.

this one's bone stock:
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/apexstrafer/Mitsubishi_Pajero_Evo_2.jpg
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/apexstrafer/Mitsubishi_Pajero_Evo.jpg

Nice! :D

leaveit2bevo
03-09-2005, 11:27 AM
that thing is brooke ass looks like a it has cadillac wings on the top.

Absinthe
03-09-2005, 11:48 AM

apexstrafer
03-09-2005, 11:51 AM

you 2 are insane, that thing is hot. it looks ridiculous, but its a good ridiculous.

Absinthe
03-09-2005, 12:07 PM

you 2 are insane, that thing is hot. it looks ridiculous, but its a good ridiculous.

I maybe insane but that thing looks like a Suzuki SideKick went to ricer convention and bumped into Barry Bonds Trainer...

leaveit2bevo
03-09-2005, 12:16 PM

I maybe insane but that thing looks like a Suzuki SideKick went to ricer convention and bumped into Barry Bonds Trainer...

hahaha pwned

GokuSSJ4
03-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Dave, are you still on drugs???
Lately you sound grouchy, like some one took away your prescription.

apexstrafer
03-09-2005, 12:24 PM

haha, barry bonds trainer

mr2
03-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Evolution IX marks the 12th model in the series, which has also included an automatic transmission model, since the Lancer Evolution debuted in October 1992.

didnt the evo7 gta have an auto tranny?

Macky
03-09-2005, 06:37 PM
didnt the evo7 gta have an auto tranny?

yes

ZZ-top
03-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Where i can get Evo 9 Photo or Pictures.
Snx

EVO Neil
03-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Snx

Duh - on this sites home page. You can't miss it!

ZZ-top
03-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Snx

Yes, but this is a Flash file ( not picture). I need *.jpg *.bmp or other picture file

Macky
03-13-2005, 12:04 PM
i think some people have thing thinking that the 9 looks helluva different :D

EVO Neil
03-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Snx

Yes, but this is a Flash file ( not picture). I need *.jpg *.bmp or other picture file

Did you click on the link to Evo IX information?

ZZ-top
03-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Snx

Did you click on the link to Evo IX information?

http://media.mitsubishi-motors.com/pressrelease/e/products/detail1228.html
There?
There is no photo... only one small picturehttp://media.mitsubishi-motors.com/contents/newsrelease/200503021228/2005030212281.jpg

Macky
03-13-2005, 01:15 PM
here : http://www.xtreme-uk.net/EvoIXOverview.asp

seek and ye shall find 8)

Macky
03-13-2005, 01:16 PM
image gallery in case you need specifics:

http://www.xtreme-uk.net/EvoIXImageDetails.asp?iwdatabankdetails=16

and quote:

You wouldn't think it possible to improve on the VIII MR but Mitsubishi have pulled it out of the bag once more. More precise improvements are being fed to us continually and as we have more they will appear here on the site.

MIVEC Engine
Magnesium Intake Housing on Turbo (RS and GT. Option on GSR)
Improved aerodynamics
Carbon fibre spoiler with gurney lip
Greater choice - RS, GT and GSR models available
Projection fog lights
Leather Interior as standard (GSR)
Aluminium pedals (RS and GT)
The following are factory fit optional extras (please contact us regarding these):

Magnesium turbo for GSR
Sunroof
BBS Wheels
Rear Window Privacy Glass
Steel Roof (instead of standard aluminium)
Cold Climate Pack (all of our cars are ordered with this as standard)
Spare Wheel (not issued as standard for weight saving)
Six Speakers for ICE
We are awaiting final confirmation of colour names but can confirm the colour line up for the Evo 9 is as follows:

White
Silver
Black
Red
Yellow
Blue Mica

/\ uk speck Evo 9

ZZ-top
03-13-2005, 01:24 PM
2 Macky
Big senx

Macky
03-13-2005, 02:15 PM
no prob, sorry it took a while for me to get to this 8)

apexstrafer
03-14-2005, 06:28 PM
more IX pics: http://www.e-bacs.com/picture_library/evo9_preview/index.html

kaisho99
03-15-2005, 12:49 PM
more IX pics: http://www.e-bacs.com/picture_library/evo9_preview/index.html

OMG THE DRIVE CRASHED IT! :shock:

OK some mitu exec is prolly piiiisssed right about now.

apexstrafer
03-15-2005, 01:25 PM
^^^ haha, I know. I think that's paul hansen, a jdm car journalist.

http://www.e-bacs.com/picture_library/evo9_preview/images/evo_ix_036.jpg
owned.

Chris in SD
03-15-2005, 01:40 PM
An Evo IX is starting to look mighty tempting... esp. if we get the full-on versions.

kaisho99
03-15-2005, 01:44 PM
An Evo IX is starting to look mighty tempting... esp. if we get the full-on versions.

bwahahahahah :lol:

oh you make me laugh so much chris!

:wink:

gofaster87
03-15-2005, 02:10 PM

I was actually thinking of another evo as a stock daily driver, but I dont know Chris.... some of those new cars coming out look more tempting.

GokuSSJ4
03-15-2005, 02:21 PM

DO IT !!!!

Chris in SD
03-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Here's the shortlist:

Audi RS4 Avant (wagon)
Porsche 997 Carrera S
Nissan GT-R
Evo IX

Not really anything else that floats my boat. The Aston V8 Vantage that's coming is really hot, but the price is supposed to be about $140K, so that's a no-go. Realistically, it's between the Carrera S and the GT-R. I'm just waiting to see what the GT-R looks like and what it's specs will be.

Chris in SD
03-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Here's a thought about the Evo 9's magnesium turbo housing:

Anyone know much about magnesium? It's HIGHLY flammable... I used to set fire to magnesium shavings (and lithium battery shavings) in the Marines to start fires. I know it's an alloy (meaning it's not straight magnesium), but I would still be a little concerned. True magnesium wheels can catch fire if they are curbed...

gevo
03-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Here's a thought about the Evo 9's magnesium turbo housing:

Anyone know much about magnesium? It's HIGHLY flammable... I used to set fire to magnesium shavings (and lithium battery shavings) in the Marines to start fires. I know it's an alloy (meaning it's not straight magnesium), but I would still be a little concerned. True magnesium wheels can catch fire if they are curbed...

I've seen a magnisium wheel on fire on a VW.....pretty intense flames!