PDA

View Full Version : GReddy Upper IC Pipe

Blaze
03-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Hey Guys:

Anyone out ther have the new Greddy upper IC pipe installed on their car?

(Admittedly) I installed mine yesterday and perhaps did it too quickly. The result is that the pipe is sitting pushing on my coolent hose. I can try moving it around a bit today, but I think it's going to rub no matter what.

The only solution I can think of is to cut about an inch or two off from the coolant hose where it meets the thermostat.

My quesion is has anyone else had to do this and/or what other solutions have you made/done.

Thanks

Blaze

GokuSSJ4
03-02-2005, 10:42 AM
PM jeffrey (500WHP) last time i check he had it

Blaze
03-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Jeff removed his battery and sent it to the back of the bus. :lol:

It seems to me that if the battery were removed (or I used a mini) this might all fit perfectly. This was a problem before with the GReddy pipes, but I understood it to be resolved with the current release.

Blaze

Blaze
03-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Sure enough, I installed it too quickly.

The battery needs to slid ALL the way over to the driver's side. That free'd up the half inch needed so the pipe does not rest on the coolant line.

However, it's still too close for me, so I'm going to see if I can find a heat shield/sleave for it.

Bling Bling
(and functionality)

Blaze

500whp
03-02-2005, 02:33 PM
try twisting the pipe!!!

BOVBILLY
03-02-2005, 06:06 PM
try moving the pipe away from your anus, before you attempt on putting it in!

Knower
03-02-2005, 06:58 PM
try moving the pipe away from your anus, before you attempt on putting it in!

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album317/gt40_bevo_sausage_plate.jpg

Evolution8David
03-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Interesting, I did mine with Quick clean installation. I used Wd40 to loosen up the hooses... so sliding in and out was a breeze.