PDA

View Full Version : exhaust manifold and turbo insulation wrap

Gear Grinder
03-02-2005, 08:38 PM
http://www.atpwrap.com/home.htm

I was working on an exhaust manifold and turbo insulation wrap when I fould this company that is already making a similar product, only way nicer. check out the turbo and import sections under alloy racing covers.
I talked to the president of this company he seems more than willing to develope some thing for our cars. Would any one be interested in some kind of group buy?

erikgj
03-03-2005, 09:25 AM
very nice looking covers. Depending on price I would do it.

Absinthe
03-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Intercooler pipe sleve might b e an idea too

Gear Grinder
03-03-2005, 10:11 PM
very nice looking covers. Depending on price I would do it.
They are by no means cheep. The guy said something like $250 to cover the turbo, and $300 to cover the exhaust manifold, and you have to remove them out of your car. I really dont think it is going to be worth it unless your car was a dedicated racecar. Mine isn't.
They claim though that on the "Twinsturbo" twin turboToyota Supra that at big Willow on a day that it was 95o outside, that the ambient temp under the hood was 70o. It could be bull shit, I don't know.

jondukes
03-03-2005, 11:33 PM
just dont overinsulate, alot of manifolds have cracked when overinsulated,keeping the heat trapped isnt gonna prolong the life of the wrapped parts

genax
03-06-2005, 12:22 PM
isn't this is pointless unless you race pro. or like the appearance

Knower
03-06-2005, 12:53 PM
isn't this is pointless unless you race pro. or like the appearance

Ding, ding, ding. Basically, yeah. Some crazy upgraded manifolds/o2 housings that won't fit the stock heat shields over them do expose the engine bay to some extra heat.