PDA

View Full Version : Mods Just Delete Posts They Don't Like

Richard EVO
03-03-2005, 10:29 AM
:P

Blaze
03-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Well it did fall into the duplicate post scenario....

http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6845

I wish they'd moderate more. Most of the noob posts are ALL freekin' reposts. It'd be sweet if we had a faq section that answered all the basic questions performance questions for everyone. I know it's there now, but instead of old threads and stickies that you still have to hunt through, it'd be nice if you could just go to a page with the major exhuast brands and the manufacturers performance numbers. Then below that you'd have a user comments section.

bogey8
03-03-2005, 10:43 AM

I wish they'd moderate more. Most of the noob posts are ALL freekin' reposts. It'd be sweet if we had a faq section that answered all the basic questions performance questions for everyone. I know it's there now, but instead of old threads and stickies that you still have to hunt through, it'd be nice if you could just go to a page with the major exhuast brands and the manufacturers performance numbers. Then below that you'd have a user comments section.

This sounds like a good project for Goku

Absinthe
03-03-2005, 10:56 AM

yeah I think they are starting it on Norcalevo

snoop
03-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Private forums are not a democracy but a dictatorship. The mods have the power to control the site to their liking. A private club has it right to do as they please.

My 2cents

GokuSSJ4
03-03-2005, 11:10 AM

I really need to work on the FAQ forum , havent had the time to dedicate to it.
I know theres alot of double posting from n00bs, but if i lock more then usual people complain. If posts are delete it , people complain even more. You need to understand if a post is delete it , its for a reason. Is not because no one likes you, theres usually reasons beind it. Usually i let some one know the reason behind (if a post is delete it or move) or have you check the cellar section, since some of them are move there.

Blaze
03-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Private forums are not a democracy but a dictatorship. The mods have the power to control the site to their liking. A private club has it right to do as they please.

My 2cents

Careful now. That's dangerous talk.
http://briansbar.com/Mr_Lasenbee.jpg
Sounds like evolutionM mischeif to me!
http://www.akinonyx.com/eowyn/treebeard.jpg

JanSolo
03-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Yesterday I posted that a new home page featured item would be nice, as the comic book hero Dr. Evo has grown REALLY stale. There was nothing offensive about that. Now the thread seems to have been deleted. This is the most over-moderated board on earth.

Y'all a bunch of crybabies. :evil:

It believe it was deleted because a new front page is currently being worked on, which should rejuvenate the site and to make your SoCalEvo web browsing experience more pleasureable.

I didn't delete it - I am just acting as voluntary spokesmodel for the powers that be.

Richard EVO
03-03-2005, 11:53 AM

snoop
03-03-2005, 12:01 PM

My 2cents

Careful now. That's dangerous talk.
http://briansbar.com/Mr_Lasenbee.jpg
Sounds like evolutionM mischeif to me!
http://www.akinonyx.com/eowyn/treebeard.jpg

I am a dangerous dude 8)

Richard EVO
03-03-2005, 12:09 PM

NipponHamFighters
03-04-2005, 07:57 PM
I agree, but as with any forum moderators tend to get more GOD like as the forum grows in age. Cannot really help it.

alex_alex
03-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Wow, you generation-Y guys actually like censorship and living in a police state. While it is likely (but not a sure thing) that a privately-owned internet forum is not subject to the free speech entitlement of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, capricous over-moderation simply makes members want to go eslewhere to express their views.

The Constitution does not apply to private entities, at ALL, except in the rare situations that it / they function as a public entities, which doesn't readily apply in the free speech arena. The First Amendment protects citizens against GOVERNMENT ACTION restricting freedom of speech.

EVO Neil
03-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Although I have only one thread deletion since I've been modding, I can say it was an inappropriate thread title and topic for threads that some read at work. Similar to cleaning up the avatars we have to be aware of the topics of some threads and thus take action and delete or as Goku said lock them.

Richard EVO
03-04-2005, 10:07 PM

alex_alex
03-04-2005, 10:24 PM
[quote="Richard EVO"]The Constitution does not apply to private entities, at ALL, except in the rare situations that it / they function as a public entities, which doesn't readily apply in the free speech arena. The First Amendment protects citizens against GOVERNMENT ACTION restricting freedom of speech.

That's not quite true, alex. For example, the US Supreme Court ordered a shopping mall to allow protesters to hand out leaflets on private property (don't ask me for a case cite, this is a car board).

That's not quite true, Richard. The law as it is right now, allows no first amendment right of access to private property for speech. The instance you're thinking of, involving anti-Vietnam war protestors, was overuled by the court, along with the few other cases involving free speech in shopping centers. The court tried to distinguish situations based on the content of the speech itself, which was EXPRESSLY rejected by the Court. In Hudgens v. NLRB, the court concluded that the First Amendment does not create a right to use privately owned shopping centers for speech. The ONLY time its allowed now is if there is some sort of state-created constitutional right of access.

1) this forum isn't a shopping mall
2) there is no state-created anything in this regard
3) someone kill me, this is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Off topic. :lol:

Anonymous
03-04-2005, 10:44 PM
I don't delete posts unless they are insulting folks. Duplicate posts should be responded to by letting people know where to go, not just deleting them. Personally, I would like to see a few more meaningful threads that have actual info in them. Just a thought...

JanSolo
03-04-2005, 11:34 PM
I don't delete posts unless they are insulting folks. Duplicate posts should be responded to by letting people know where to go, not just deleting them. Personally, I would like to see a few more meaningful threads that have actual info in them. Just a thought...

I had no idea that the Guest account was so powerful. We seriously need to fix permissions on the site.

Absinthe
03-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Come on though jan he is right look at all the asshat threads startd in the past few days about how often people pick there ass.

Nebolic
03-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Okay Okay I admit it, it was me. Just kidding. All joking aside, you guys do realize that moderators are non paying jobs and we do this for (fun). And there is a very fine line between what is acceptable to a group of people and what is offensive to another group of people. In regards to having posts deleted, you should just take it as a direction in which the site posts its information. I guarantee you that whatever is done/said on the boards, no one is going to be happy about it.

What we can do is try and make it as platable for the general public as possible. If there are a few outliers that gets upset about it, well, thats bound to happen. In any case, I would like to reiterate that this is a privately owned forum. It is at the discretion of the owner on what is allowed.

Just take it as that we're not so much as censoring but ensuring people don't get into trouble at work, cause a lot of us browse these forums at work.

Nebo

P.S also why do you think Goku has the Forum Nazi title hahahha :D

GokuSSJ4
03-05-2005, 11:37 AM
you like that !!! :mrgreen:

gofaster87
03-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Come on though jan he is right look at all the asshat threads startd in the past few days about how often people pick there ass.

I missed that thread Dave. I pick my ass often.

JanSolo
03-09-2005, 11:41 PM

I am not arguiing wrong or right here. I was just noting that the guest account has uber permissions.

BTW, kudos to Drmosh for taking the flash work I did on NorCal and putting on SoCal. :D you l33t h4xx0r.

RaysurX
03-09-2005, 11:56 PM

I am not arguiing wrong or right here. I was just noting that the guest account has uber permissions.

BTW, kudos to Drmosh for taking the flash work I did on NorCal and putting on SoCal. :D you l33t h4xx0r.

Nice flash work.!!! Nice to see a change.

GokuSSJ4
03-10-2005, 12:05 AM
about time !!!! :roll: