PDA

View Full Version : BOV this any good?

EvoPwr
03-05-2005, 03:19 PM
http://www.lancershop.com/customer/product.php?productid=198&cat=27&page=1

just wondering if there is any downside to getting this.

DTunedEvoX
03-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Looks good ... Perhaps maybe get a Greddy Type-S and do the single spring mod? Or a HKS SSQV?

EvoPwr
03-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Looks good ... Perhaps maybe get a Greddy Type-S and do the single spring mod? Or a HKS SSQV?

single spring mod??? sorry if you dont know i am turbo challenged :(

kimletrim
03-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Well, you can get the Greddy Type S and take out one of the springs and recirculate, that way your car will not stall. i had zero problems with the foregoing setup. However, if you want the swoosh, or psst sound, you will need to open up the air filter OR you will have to vent to atmosphere (VTA). If you are going to try this with the Type S, you will probably have idle problems. To do this, you plug up the air return line to the air intake duct and you will also need to keep both springs in the Type S. Try it both ways and see which suits your needs.

EvoPwr
03-05-2005, 03:31 PM
thats the thing is that i want the sound also, and i figure that with half or so being put back into the intake then the VTA wont be too loud either. and that BOV does both already without any mods. im just wondering how much pressure it will be able to hold. ofcourse by the time i add a lot more pressure i will have to switch out the BOV most likely again.

EvoPwr
03-05-2005, 03:32 PM
well i am also looking into getting a new intake, havent decided which one yet.

j_nizzle
03-05-2005, 04:15 PM
dont get something you cant recirc and/or doesnt have a recirc kit. our cars dont respond too well to open air bov's

EVO Neil
03-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Geez, guys, did you even look at the one he picked out and read the description of it? See below. It does both VTA and RECIRC and it looks like it adjusts, so it could prevent the stalling issues. Direct bolt on also, so no additional parts needed to install unlike some of the ones mentioned. It sounds like the best of both worlds to me. Let us know how you like it.

TurboSmart Dual Port Blow Off Valve EVO 8 Specific

http://www.lancershop.com/product_image.php?imageid=108

View Details

Product Description

TurboSmart Dual Port vents to the intake & vents to the atmosphere with its dual port action. This blow off valve is ideal if you want the loud swoosh without your car stalling out. This BOV is fully adjustable and you easily adjust how much air you want to vent to the atmosphere and how much air into the intake.

**Tech Tip** This BOV will bolt on the stock IC pipe, it is 100% bolt on. Easy install Takes 20 minutes. The red matches the EVO valve cover

kimletrim
03-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Geez, guys, did you even look at the one he picked out and read the description of it? It does both VTA and RECIRC and it looks like it adjusts, so it could prevent the stalling issues. Direct bolt on also, so no additional parts needed to install unlike some of the ones mentioned. It sounds like the best of both worlds to me. Let us know how you like it.

I think we did, but he also wanted to be educated about "single spring" mod and the thread followed its course.

EvoPwr
03-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Geez, guys, did you even look at the one he picked out and read the description of it? See below. It does both VTA and RECIRC and it looks like it adjusts, so it could prevent the stalling issues. Direct bolt on also, so no additional parts needed to install unlike some of the ones mentioned. It sounds like the best of both worlds to me. Let us know how you like it.

View Details

Product Description

TurboSmart Dual Port vents to the intake & vents to the atmosphere with its dual port action. This blow off valve is ideal if you want the loud swoosh without your car stalling out. This BOV is fully adjustable and you easily adjust how much air you want to vent to the atmosphere and how much air into the intake.

**Tech Tip** This BOV will bolt on the stock IC pipe, it is 100% bolt on. Easy install Takes 20 minutes. The red matches the EVO valve cover

Thanks Neil! I was just concerned because of the brand name, not sure if anyone knows anything about them but this is the one im gonna get, in a couple of weeks to a month, need to find a job :wink: but i will post when i get it installed, seems pretty basic to install!

EvoPwr
03-06-2005, 02:48 PM
dont get something you cant recirc and/or doesnt have a recirc kit. our cars dont respond too well to open air bov's

thanks nizzle :D