PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim "Tried" to rip me off!!!

Miss Evo8
03-05-2005, 03:45 PM
This is a little long:
So I go over to Anaheim Mitsubishi to get an oil change yesterday, ( I was in the area) I've been to 3 different Mitsu dealers for oil changes (Tustin, Fullerton and HB) they have all charged the same price of $51.00. This FAG at the Anaheim dealer gets my info, informs me that I need some 15,000 mile service on my car, I've explained to him that the services on the list have already been done by myself, BF and HB Mitsu. He then retorts with, " Well I don't know what they have done over at HB and if you don't have it done your warranty will be voided, you don't want to do that do you?" ASS CLOWN!!! (JOSEPH GARZA) :pissed: I told him all I wanted was the oil change, he says fine and takes my car to the back. Less than 5 minutes later he come back to the lounge area and tells me my oil change is going to be $75.00!!!! I look at him in shock and tell him the oil change should cost $51.00 I've bee n to 3 different dealers and they have always charged the same amount! He tells me, "Well I didn't realize that you have an Evolution and it's a synthetic oil change, when I wrote up your ticket, I thought you had the Ralliart." UNFUCKING BELIEVEABLE!!! I guess the Bright Yellow car with the vented hood, intercooler, Recaros, Red Brembos, and the fucking EVOLUTION badge on the back went by unnoticed? I told him I wasn't paying $75 and I would just go somewhere else. The guy at the parts counter heard me talking to him came over to ask what the problem was and told ASS CLOWN to give it to me at that price. He was a little flustered and tried arguing but he ended up rewriting the ticket and I got my oil change for $51. I will never go back there again!! I only stopped by because I was going to my BF's work. Anyhow don't go to Anaheim for even an oil change because they might mistake your Evo for a Ralliart, Mirage, Montero or maybe the Diamante or better yet it might be a Starion , Tredia etc.... and try to overcharge!!!!!

kimletrim
03-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Sorry to hear it. That's exactly why I don't care to go to the dealer for an oil change, even if it is free. The dealer takes a less than 30 minute job and turns it into a 2 hour sales presentation.

tasco
03-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Sorry to hear it. That's exactly why I don't care to go to the dealer for an oil change, even if it is free. The dealer takes a less than 30 minute job and turns it into a 2 hour sales presentation.

Very true. The last time I took my car to glendale mitsu for an oil change and tire rotation, it took them 2.5 hours.

EVO Neil
03-05-2005, 05:35 PM
I guess my question would be how much were you quoted by Anaheim at the time of the write-up, before they took your car away? How much did you originally sign the paperwork for?

turtlexevo
03-05-2005, 06:02 PM
I tried to buy a car from them, they care about nothing but money. They dont give you room to deal either. The price they set it at is the price they want. Stay away from anahiem mitsu

EvoPwr
03-06-2005, 02:43 PM
I tried to buy a car from them, they care about nothing but money. They dont give you room to deal either. The price they set it at is the price they want. Stay away from anahiem mitsu

seriously i dont know who you dealt with and long ago it was, but they dropped their price for me. They changed out the management there in late Jan. or early Feb. I got a great deal on my MR got it a little below MSRP.

Now the whole oil change thing, dont you have free maintinance(sp)?

rammsteinmatt
03-06-2005, 03:01 PM
they saw a girl and figured they would rip her off, its cool that you know a lot about acrs so you could stick it to them for being asses

Miss Evo8
03-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I guess my question would be how much were you quoted by Anaheim at the time of the write-up, before they took your car away? How much did you originally sign the paperwork for?

When the ticket was written up there was no price that I noticed.

Miss Evo8
03-06-2005, 07:45 PM

seriously i dont know who you dealt with and long ago it was, but they dropped their price for me. They changed out the management there in late Jan. or early Feb. I got a great deal on my MR got it a little below MSRP.

Now the whole oil change thing, dont you have free maintinance(sp)?
I unfortunately don't have free maintenance my car's an O3 :cry: Bought new in April of 04

EvoPwr
03-06-2005, 07:51 PM
^^^AHHHH tell them you want free maintenance because your car deserves it! :D

CT9A RS
03-06-2005, 11:49 PM
wow can u say " Mitsubishi Dispute Resolution" Fukin complain to Corporate dood let ur voice be heard.

Thats insanely overpriced. I paid like 40 something at Tustin Mitsu for an oil change at 1800. And everthing else is under free maintenance every 5k for 45k miles.

EVO Neil
03-07-2005, 01:42 AM

When the ticket was written up there was no price that I noticed.

It's the BAR regulation, the repair order HAS to have a dollar amount. They can't charge you more than that without your approval. Call the BAR if they did.

Sam Smash
03-08-2005, 11:06 PM
IF YOU ARE IN THE ANAHEIM AREA, STOP BY HERE FOR AN OIL CHANGE. NO WAY WILL IT TAKE 2.5 HOURS

$45 FACTORY FILTER AND MOBIL 1 OIL.

WE EVEN SAVE YOU A LITTLE MONEY :)

rino
03-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Anaheim, South Coast, Long Beach and Tustin all owned by the same guy. There's a thread stating to keep away from all these places. Just go to HB.