PDA

View Full Version : RSX Vs. Evo video

nurb2
03-05-2005, 11:46 PM
The only thing funnier than the vid is the excuses they make in both the vid and the thread.

Video
EVO Vs. RSX (http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODExOTIwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D)

Thread

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=244790

-nurb2-

EVOate909
03-06-2005, 12:00 AM
haha...
stupid rsx thinks he can keep up...hahhaha

wheres that guy callin out modded evos... :P

WavMixer
03-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Is the owner of the silver evo a member here?

EVOate909
03-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Is the owner of the silver evo a member here?

there from st louis i think...not a cali plate on the evo

Eckolaker
03-06-2005, 12:46 AM
I have pulled that hard on my friends modded RSX. Im still stock.

At 40MPH roll, thats where the Evo shines.

Any I digress. They hate us cause they ai'nt us.

evo_dadi
03-06-2005, 12:56 AM
lmao!! oh shiet what the hell is on that thing :twisted: :lol:

rammsteinmatt
03-06-2005, 01:11 AM
i like the message board the best. :lol:

leaveit2bevo
03-06-2005, 01:49 AM
ouch and that wasent even from a dig

inline4g63
03-06-2005, 02:16 AM
the first post on 2nd page seems like that guy on here calling out the evo, which smogrunner and IE Evo responded. His sn here was nickdc5??? too lazy too search. The post on Clubrsx also has nick as sn and he lives in los angeles. The mods also seem the same, I remember the #4 (don't know what kind of mod that is). Funny how everyone there praises him...

bonestockevo8
03-06-2005, 02:19 AM
LOL...what a clown; nice video editing.... "STOCK, YEA RIGHT!"

Its good to see at least some RSX owners trying to pull this guy out of his delusions of grandeur.

Skiracer
03-06-2005, 02:33 AM
Hah, that video rocks!

Boosted
03-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Definate turbo work

rammsteinmatt
03-06-2005, 02:50 AM
for sure that evo had to have a GT35R

Eckolaker
03-06-2005, 03:05 AM
Definate turbo work

Think so?

I know the guy pulls hard, but I just dont think its all that hard to believe that an Evo with light mods could pull that hard.

I mean stock vs. stock Evo has nearly 120+ brake HP over the RSX?

I could be 100% wrong, but thats why I am asking.

gofaster87
03-06-2005, 03:12 AM
Why does it seem that most Acura/Honda owners find it hard to believe an Evo can beat them. Next they will claim they can beat an Enzo any day of the week.

rammsteinmatt
03-06-2005, 03:13 AM
that would be straight sarcasm, stock the evo would rip that RSX, like what you said just look at the numbers and bench race those two cars

500whp
03-06-2005, 03:31 AM
ahgahahahahah

gevo
03-06-2005, 11:57 AM
I have pulled that hard on my friends modded RSX. Im still stock.

At 40MPH roll, thats where the Evo shines.

Any I digress. They hate us cause they ai'nt us.

:werd:
When my car was stock I walked all over an RSX on the fwy.

chicknfeet
03-06-2005, 12:09 PM
LOLOLOLOL

genax
03-06-2005, 12:30 PM
It doesn't hurt that they started in the meaty part of the powerband for the evo where the rsx is just starting to engage vtec. either way the video shouldn't be a surprise

leaveit2bevo
03-06-2005, 01:24 PM
If you guys read there thread on the rsx forum the nick guy posts and then all the rsx guys make fun of him.

EvoPwr
03-06-2005, 03:05 PM
that is so funny where is that punk nick anyway...the super fast bolt on handata thingy LOL

Blaze
03-06-2005, 03:13 PM
No way that Lancer could have been stock.
I think he may have been turbocharged or something. :oops:
Do lancers come with turbos?

What a tool. :roll:

Blaze

Blaze
03-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Oh, this is SO going to be my new quote.

dude, an Evo doesn't need an upgraded turbo to annihilate you. A simple boost increase and reflash will do that.

But these were good too:

i dont understand from a roll that doesnt make any sense looks like it runs 12s to me

He lied to you :D

i don't get what's so hard to believe, honestly? .[....] it's not as though the evo would suffer from top end loss.

BabyBlueDragon19
03-06-2005, 06:21 PM
:peewee: :nana:

go4broke
03-06-2005, 07:16 PM
those guys on that board are sooo stupid. why are they bitching about losing to an evo that they thought was stock?...oh i forgot that rsx's with a shit load of mods are suppose to beat stock evos...i can see them crying, "You said that was stock...NO FAIR!! nothing's suppose to beat my sweet JDM parts!!"....bitches....it's like they want to pick a fight with ya but they tell ya to tie your hand behind your back....it would be sweet to throw a viper engine in a pinto and smoke them... :cry: "You said that pinto was stock...NO FAIR!!!"

why can't people understand that there's always a faster car out there...

egui42
03-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Nice vid. I like the RSX, but I love my Evo.

Evo>>>>>RSX ==== No Competition

BOO5150
03-06-2005, 07:55 PM
I LOVE IT..hahahahahahahah!

EvoPwr
03-06-2005, 08:01 PM
omg the evo run 12s???? wow the RS runs a 13.1 without a turboback exhaust...LOL these people need to read more than import tuner, they need to try car & driver, road & track, motortrend...come on idiots :banghead:

WavMixer
03-06-2005, 09:23 PM
They hate us 'cause they aint us.

Why does it seem that most Acura/Honda owners find it hard to believe an Evo can beat them. Next they will claim they can beat an Enzo any day of the week.

johnny
03-06-2005, 09:48 PM
reality check!!! :pissed:

johnny
03-06-2005, 09:55 PM
i like this one "you dont depress the gas pedal enough maybe?" are they serious :huh:

Macky
03-06-2005, 10:59 PM
an RSX drove by me a while ago on my way to get fuel. he might post tonight saying he "killed" an MR :roll:

hueman
03-07-2005, 02:18 AM
i like this one "you dont depress the gas pedal enough maybe?" are they serious :huh:

i was being sarcastic man. a very large percent of the people in rsx vs. all are not rsx owners... a lot of the comments are not serious when praising races. usually there's a lot of good natured mocking going on.

rino
03-07-2005, 04:13 AM
lol

santhology
03-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Halarious!! :lol:

toku-one
03-07-2005, 12:21 PM
damn, i cant watch the vid. what format is it?

GokuSSJ4
03-07-2005, 12:30 PM

same here :?

gofaster87
03-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Learn to use a computer, its a standard windows media file.

JanSolo
03-07-2005, 12:41 PM

You need to add .wmv to the end to get it to play. When I downloaded the video, it downloaded as a file named "ross" with no extension.

toku-one
03-07-2005, 12:52 PM
yeah, i wanted to know the extension.
i tried .mpg and .avi to no avail so i figured id ask before trying every other video extension

toku-one
03-07-2005, 12:53 PM
yeah, i wanted to know the extension.
i tried .mpg and .avi to no avail so i figured id ask before trying every other video extension

Blaze
03-07-2005, 12:56 PM
When I went to open it, I was prompted to select a program. I used REAL and it worked fine. Downloading it and changing the extention to avi or mpeg creates an error, but the movie works fine if you select OK (play the file anyway).

Blaze

EvoPwr
03-07-2005, 01:11 PM
When I went to open it, I was prompted to select a program. I used REAL and it worked fine. Downloading it and changing the extention to avi or mpeg creates an error, but the movie works fine if you select OK (play the file anyway).

Blaze

exactly!

toku-one
03-07-2005, 01:16 PM
as jan said adding .wmv will also work just fine.

i have my comp set up to do what i say, not as what it wants to do
i have to deal with too many video formats on occasions to let the computer do what it thinks best.
much to messy for my line of work.

gofaster87
03-07-2005, 01:55 PM
But you have a nice new office upstairs away from all the freaks.

johnny
03-07-2005, 02:07 PM

i was being sarcastic man. a very large percent of the people in rsx vs. all are not rsx owners... a lot of the comments are not serious when praising races. usually there's a lot of good natured mocking going on.\

I can't beleive you thought i was being serious! Your talking about mocking what the hell do you think i was doing? Did'nt mean to offend you. Now, did you say you owned an RSX? J/K man

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-07-2005, 02:36 PM
ahahahahahhahahahahaha...that was the funniest video ive ever seen!!! i love how both drivers are sooo astonished as to the results loooool i love it, go evo baby. and just like everyone is saying, TBE is all you need in an evo to pull like that on a "modded" rsx type s, guys i have one so i kinda know lol. looks about right, im still literally laughing cuz of their responses "what the fuck, that is not stock" loooool

toku-one
03-07-2005, 03:38 PM
i dont think many of those guys understand that if you are racing an evo with a TBE that it means you have just that. TURBO BACK. i dont think many evo owners have just cat back systems.. so downpipes are in play.

plus, if some douche has a intake/exhaust with no tune they probably arent putting out numbers much different from stock so all these "i beat an evo with intake and exhaust" is meaningless.

you cant just bolt something on the evo and expect gains without proper tuning

trinydex
03-07-2005, 06:45 PM
mmm yeah you can... just not as much...

i think everyone has been brainwashed by dynoflash and p2flash and turbotrix flash and all the other flashes... why? because it all started as a fuckin' jdm mythological bullshit marketing scheme to steal your money.

you buy a "mines" ecu... what is it... it's a fuckin' flash, maybe if you're lucky... a tunable flash. why bother? just get the proper engine management, if it's safc... then use it, tune it go nuts, if it's aem, use it do it right, get every last bit of power. but why pay 200 bucks to get a quick fix... ONCE. boo i hate it.

before all these flashes were available for evo owners that got too much money on their hands the dsm world was adding bolt ons and relyin' on the ecu and when the time came slappin' an safc on there. some fancier guys used the vpc. boo to flashes.

only good thing about flash... gets rid of a portion of that stupid boost taper (which actually isn't even proven, cuz people STILL get boost taper after the fact) but that's because our ecu came with these lame limitations cuz japanese people have no faith in our ability to not destroy cars... boo

Macky
03-07-2005, 06:53 PM
they actually grew a thread in the rsx forums about a rematch against an MR :lol:

Miss Evo8
03-07-2005, 07:00 PM
HEE HEE I've done that to many an RSX! What was he thinking? The Evo obviously had his car in the "sweet spot" just before boost and as you all know just press the gas and our cars FLY!!!! I've owned many a Honda and trust me they are no match for an Evo. True there are some fast Honda's out there but after extensive and I do mean FUCKING extensive (total engine rebuild) major tuning and a swap into a hatchback will these cars even keep up with us. RSX ? HA HA HA HA HA. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

toku-one
03-07-2005, 07:08 PM
having an SAFC would be considered "tuning"
which is what i was talking about, i wasnt just talking about flashes

notravels10
03-07-2005, 10:34 PM
:shock: That video is so funny.That thing took off like a rocket.THat guys a loser trying to step on a evo.lol.I have never raced a RSX before.Im still laughing about the guys in the car.lol.

GokuSSJ4
03-07-2005, 10:43 PM
DAMN !!!!! fool got served :lol:

Boosted
03-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Definate turbo work

Think so?

I know the guy pulls hard, but I just dont think its all that hard to believe that an Evo with light mods could pull that hard.

I mean stock vs. stock Evo has nearly 120+ brake HP over the RSX?

I could be 100% wrong, but thats why I am asking.

i was being sarcastic

Chris in SD
03-07-2005, 11:04 PM
I am curious to see how I'd do with my stock 2.2L S2000 vs. a stock Evo... I bet it'd be a driver's race. :wink:

GokuSSJ4
03-07-2005, 11:08 PM
I'll race you :wink: disclaimer : please read my signature: :mrgreen:

Macky
03-07-2005, 11:09 PM

suuuuuure goku. 8)

GokuSSJ4
03-07-2005, 11:11 PM

suuuuuure goku. 8)
I'll race you too , so i can get a new plate MR WHAT

Macky
03-07-2005, 11:12 PM

suuuuuure goku. 8)

lol you cant win a race if you dont have anyone to race :shock: :lol: :wink:

besides i thought you were taking me in as your apprentice Goku-san?

GokuSSJ4
03-07-2005, 11:17 PM

suuuuuure goku. 8)

lol you cant win a race if you dont have anyone to race :shock: :lol: :wink:

besides i thought you were taking me in as your apprentice Goku-san?

more then happy, but we are learning in your car. So you can learn the difference between mine and yours :P
Front LSD , no Front LSD
ACD , no ACD
i might have better changes on you cleaning my car , then you letting me drive yours :P

Macky
03-07-2005, 11:28 PM
more then happy, but we are learning in your car. So you can learn the difference between mine and yours :P
Front LSD , no Front LSD
ACD , no ACD
i might have better changes on you cleaning my car , then you letting me drive yours :P

ok...we'll work on that sometime 8)

maybe i can teach you some japanese :wink:

CJexJiggy
03-08-2005, 12:16 AM
:lol: Thats a funny vid..."EEEVO!!" LOL

GokuSSJ4
03-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Front LSD , no Front LSD
ACD , no ACD

ok...we'll work on that sometime 8)

maybe i can teach you some japanese :wink:

sure, at least how to say hi and good bye , but i thought you were filipino; arent you ???

One Evo Pinay
03-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Haha I'm a little late but I knew this thread from the CRSX forums would carry over here. being both an EVO and Type S owner I was trying to get it through some of the ricers heads that even a modded RSX I/H/E Hondata is going to have a hard time keeping up with a stock EVO...

Macky
03-08-2005, 10:28 AM
sure, at least how to say hi and good bye , but i thought you were filipino; arent you ???

yea but ive been trying to study that a long tym already because of DBZ/DBZGT and Godzilla movies 8)

Skiracer
03-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Haha I'm a little late but I knew this thread from the CRSX forums would carry over here. being both an EVO and Type S owner I was trying to get it through some of the ricers heads that even a modded RSX I/H/E Hondata is going to have a hard time keeping up with a stock EVO...

I don't know much bout the Honda camp, so what's Hondata?

One Evo Pinay
03-08-2005, 10:58 AM

There are 2 programs, one called Hondata and one called Kpro. Kpro is really just an extension of Hondata, which allows you to individually tune your car using their program + laptop to mess around with fuel maps etc. Hondata is an ecu reflash that has been set for specific mods already...They have a few different reflashes, the most common one used is what they call Hondata #4, either that or the Type R reflash. Hondata raises the rev limiter from about 7900 anywhere from 8400 to 8900 depending on which reflash you get.

RSX guys with CAI/Race Header/Exhaust typically will run about 14.4-14.7 but with the Hondata reflash most these guys will be pullin times of low 14's constantly and putting out about 190-195whp, and if you run into a guy with I/H/E Kpro tuned correctly they will most likely land themselves into low 14's high 13's and puttin down about 205whp 160 ft/lb

Hondata/Kpro is gonna best a Acura/Honda guys best bet if they want to get the most out of their bolt ons or cams. The pricing of Hondata is $500 and Kpro is $995.

Macky
03-08-2005, 11:27 AM
so its kind of like the Works Reflash?

GokuSSJ4
03-08-2005, 11:52 AM

yea but ive been trying to study that a long tym already because of DBZ/DBZGT and Godzilla movies 8)

BTW love the new avatar, and where have you found any more pics from DBZ ???
or any gif ??

GokuSSJ4
03-08-2005, 11:57 AM

There are 2 programs, one called Hondata and one called Kpro. Kpro is really just an extension of Hondata, which allows you to individually tune your car using their program + laptop to mess around with fuel maps etc. Hondata is an ecu reflash that has been set for specific mods already...They have a few different reflashes, the most common one used is what they call Hondata #4, either that or the Type R reflash. Hondata raises the rev limiter from about 7900 anywhere from 8400 to 8900 depending on which reflash you get.

RSX guys with CAI/Race Header/Exhaust typically will run about 14.4-14.7 but with the Hondata reflash most these guys will be pullin times of low 14's constantly and putting out about 190-195whp, and if you run into a guy with I/H/E Kpro tuned correctly they will most likely land themselves into low 14's high 13's and puttin down about 205whp 160 ft/lb

Hondata/Kpro is gonna best a Acura/Honda guys best bet if they want to get the most out of their bolt ons or cams. The pricing of Hondata is $500 and Kpro is $995.
Simon
you can find more info regarding hondata here :
http://hondata.com/reflash.html
http://hondata.com/kpro.html

I have seen some different set ups (with the K20A type R) run near 212whp non tune and up too 230whp tune with hondata Kpro.
Of course the JDM K20 its a bit different then the US version, with having a bit more CR, cams , intake, TB and im not mistaking if the head desing it's a bit different but not by much.

Macky
03-08-2005, 11:58 AM
or any gif ??

yea send me ur email ill shoot you a zip of it

GokuSSJ4
03-08-2005, 12:03 PM
or any gif ??

yea send me ur email ill shoot you a zip of it
you have PM

Macky
03-08-2005, 12:07 PM
you got email

PiNG
03-08-2005, 12:12 PM
my avatar rocks Y0

GokuSSJ4
03-08-2005, 12:19 PM
my avatar rocks Y0