PDA

View Full Version : Hot Import Nights....were you disappointed?

airforce1
03-06-2005, 05:34 AM
Guys,

Just went to my first Hot Import Nights. For the most part it was exciting to see all the cars dressed up and have all the fine HIN chicks walk around. But, I was a little disappointed. First just a few Evos were representin', saw the Cyber and RRE Evos but no APR widebody EVO, surprised to see a lot of BMWs and S4s....actually, I saw more SVT focus than Evos.....sad. Subies really made a big scene as well. To nitpick further, all the darkness prevented me from seeing the engine bays unless the guys showing the car had a tower light set up. I know, maybe we should make it HID (Hot Import Days) :lol:

There were a few pluses:

1. Girls, girls girls :worthy:
2. Miss Lisa spinning thumpin' tracks with some fine a$$ gogo girls :crazyeyes:
3. West Coast Customs showing off their Peterbilt (?) truck with custom truck bed
4. Cars of course, got to see a couple of tricked out NSXs, lots of 350Zs, skylines
5. Saw the volks GT-C up close and now I know will be on my evo.

Anyways, that's my biased report. Chime in and let me know what others think. I will probably see more Evo Action at the Mitsu Evo Event. [/img]

kimletrim
03-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Agreed. I missed the Cyber Evo though, where the heck was it?

j_nizzle
03-06-2005, 11:44 AM
i was showing! silver evo with bronze 5zigens....right next to prestons bby serenity sound evo near the pepsi stage. billy's car was closer to the middle of the facility and it looked great.
as for disappointment, none really for me. i just disliked the overall organization of the show. i.e. getting in and getting out for competitors, the undercover popo checking cars and giving people hard times and the god damn people who insist on going up to another person's car and touching shit. i swear security should be checking that.
models were hot, met will-i-am from the black eye peas, saw jin battle, saw some preppy white guy embarass a shit load of mc's, and i think i saw the largest boobs in the house...dj lady tribe.

j_nizzle
03-06-2005, 11:47 AM
3. West Coast Customs showing off their Peterbilt (?) truck with custom truck bed
[/img]

that was a international cxt, ashton kutcher and i guess west coast customs are the only people in the u.s. with that ride. basically big rig with plush interior and sound system. west coast customs did one up on the thing that had there.

alex_alex
03-06-2005, 11:50 AM
[/img]

that was a international cxt, ashton kutcher and i guess west coast customs are the only people in the u.s. with that ride. basically big rig with plush interior and sound system. west coast customs did one up on the thing that had there.

Leno has one

d0cipx
03-10-2005, 05:05 PM
It was my first HiN as well, and altho I had a good time, I was a little dissapointed.
1. I rolled w/ approx 15 ppz and half i didnt even see there cause we kept getting seperated and couldnt keep contact. So everyone rolled out separetly instead of together, and I was by myself for 3/4 the time i was there not knowing anyone else.
2. I thought it was going to cover the WHOLE LA convention center not just one room.
Other than that everything went good, got some good pictures and video footage. I got to meet this guy named billy who owns the "brainstorm" evo which was tight cause he's the one that told me about this site.

Did anyone else notice that there was an evo there that they took out the front mount intercooler?

Evo RS-T
03-10-2005, 06:11 PM
It was as expected for me. Much like last year - although there seemed to be more European cars this time around.

I only know of one consumer show that takes up the entire convention center. HIN is about the same size that IAS used to be.

I'm glad I remembered my earplugs this time, though. Seven hours of battling DJ's is too much without them.

airforce1
03-11-2005, 02:11 AM
earplugs....agreed. Other threads talked down Hot "Impound" Nights...a few honda forums talked about this as well. Hope to see everyone at the Mitsu Event on thursday....

Evo RS-T
03-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Hope to see everyone at the Mitsu Event on thursday....

What event is that?