PDA

View Full Version : Glendale Mitsubishi is Evo owners wet dream!

Evo-8
03-10-2005, 02:02 AM
So Paul at Glendale mitsu replaced my transfer case today free of charge. It runs PERFECTLY and QUIETLY now! SUCH a relief. Man he didn't feed me any bullshit. Just straight up took care of me and my car with respect and honesty. He didn't hastle me or make me wait on some district rep to come tell me my strut tower brace is voiding my warranty. Inspected car, ordered part, installed part, done deal.

If you need ANY work/repair/service on your evo or any mitsu. Take it to PAUL at Glendale Mitsu.

1235 South Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91204
(818) 550-1500

GokuSSJ4
03-10-2005, 02:36 AM
you should of continue or updated the previous thread that you had.

rino
03-10-2005, 05:01 PM
did you leave your mods on the car when you took it in to get inspected?

Evo-8
03-11-2005, 10:19 AM

Yes. full 3'' turboback. intake, boost controller, turbo timer, aftermarket clutch etc. Didn't give a shit. He just took care of me the way mitsu should. I even told him I tracked the car both at the drag strip as well as autocross and road racing.

GokuSSJ4
03-11-2005, 10:37 AM

Yes. full 3'' turboback. intake, boost controller, turbo timer, aftermarket clutch etc. Didn't give a shit. He just took care of me the way mitsu should. I even told him I tracked the car both at the drag strip as well as autocross and road racing.

Sorry to be a bit O/T but you drag race???? Last time I check drag racing involve going to the track. Also you Road Race, or was that a one time thing????
Hmmm, :mrgreen:

BTW It’s a good thing to known that they took care of you.

kimletrim
03-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Reading all of this, this is definitely a dream!

Evo-8
03-11-2005, 10:37 PM

Yes. full 3'' turboback. intake, boost controller, turbo timer, aftermarket clutch etc. Didn't give a shit. He just took care of me the way mitsu should. I even told him I tracked the car at the drag strip as well as autocross and road racing.

Sorry to be a bit O/T but you drag race???? Last time I check drag racing involve going to the track. Also you Road Race, or was that a one time thing????

Yeah, thats what i said goku. I said i "tracked" it at the "drag strip" meaning... exactly that. I have attended over 8 autocrosses and one track day at willow where i had food poisoning which totally shat on my track day. I only got about 6 laps in that whole day. Man was i pissed.

Car drives and sounds like a dream again. As apposed to a blender. Im gonna go give paul a big hug on monday.

rubelcon
03-11-2005, 10:40 PM

Nice!

rino
03-13-2005, 06:05 AM
what were the symptoms of your tc going out? does it howl when you get off of 1st gear?

trinydex
03-14-2005, 12:33 PM
damn... thank you abtin, i thot i was in the shitter cuz i was gonna take my car in today and cross my fingers. didn't wanna hand my shit over to van nuys... they can't put a hot knife through butter let alone get me a new tcase.

my front diff is fucked for an entirely different reason, but i get really annoying blender/grinding noise and vibration in all gears but it is most noticeable in 1st gear full lock starting from full stop.

btw how long did it take for everything to come in and get bolted up.

WOT
03-23-2005, 05:39 PM
what were the symptoms of your tc going out? does it howl when you get off of 1st gear?

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

When I make a hard left into a parking spot, I sometimes hear some racket up front, but not sure where its coming from, only when I am going slow as well. Definately not a cv joint sound, something different.

I am gla to hear that a dealer out there will stand behind their product. I basically want to puke everytime I hear the mitsu commercial claiming "the best backed cars" out there!

Evo-8
03-23-2005, 10:26 PM
basically the car was making a VERY LOUD howling sound anytime i got over like 20 mph and got louder and louder the faster i went. Once i took my car in, they checked it out, and ordered the tcase the same day. it was there a week later and installed on my car the day i took it back.

trinydex
03-24-2005, 03:20 AM

When I make a hard left into a parking spot, I sometimes hear some racket up front, but not sure where its coming from, only when I am going slow as well. Definately not a cv joint sound, something different.

I am gla to hear that a dealer out there will stand behind their product. I basically want to puke everytime I hear the mitsu commercial claiming "the best backed cars" out there!

this sounds like mine, my diff is pretty much heavily fucked up and it gets worse by the day. they didn't want to fix my diff cuz it had redline in it so.... looks like i have to get a quaife.

Evo-8
03-24-2005, 06:44 AM
go to paul at glendale mitsu and ask him if he can help u out.

trinydex
03-24-2005, 06:51 AM
he's the one that told me he can't help me

DTunedEvoX
03-24-2005, 09:08 AM
he's the one that told me he can't help me

:? Hmmm .. sorry d00d .. Queef it is ... :lol:

augi1
03-24-2005, 10:16 AM
So Paul at Glendale mitsu replaced my transfer case today free of charge. It runs PERFECTLY and QUIETLY now! SUCH a relief. Man he didn't feed me any bullshit. Just straight up took care of me and my car with respect and honesty. He didn't hastle me or make me wait on some district rep to come tell me my strut tower brace is voiding my warranty. Inspected car, ordered part, installed part, done deal.

I agree with this. I FINALLY got my TC fixed. It made a whining noise when you accelerate and decelerate. I went to the trouble of putting it back to stock (some bolt on's) and took it in on abtin’s suggestion. Russ at Glendale Mitsu just said they ordered the TC and it was fixed within a week and they gave me a rental to drive while they had my car. Very cool dealership.

gofaster87
03-24-2005, 12:24 PM
basically the car was making a VERY LOUD howling sound anytime i got over like 20 mph and got louder and louder the faster i went. Once i took my car in, they checked it out, and ordered the tcase the same day. it was there a week later and installed on my car the day i took it back.

Ive had the howling in my car for 6k miles, ever since I had the Exedy installed. Runs fine though so Ill hold off on replacing it. My warranty is shot and theres no way around that just have to figure out what I want to do about a bulletproof tc.

titaniumkingpin
03-24-2005, 12:25 PM
I took my car in to Glendale Mitsubishi few times for random stuff and Paul is great. He doesn't hassle me about any of my mods and he gets my problems fixed without any BS.
i don't talk to anyone else there. Just Paul.

DTunedEvoX
03-24-2005, 12:35 PM
I hear TRE does great work ... Perhaps when the reviews come out for the QUEEF Front LSD's they might be more appealing :)

Ive had the howling in my car for 6k miles, ever since I had the Exedy installed. Runs fine though so Ill hold off on replacing it. My warranty is shot and theres no way around that just have to figure out what I want to do about a bulletproof tc.

gofaster87
03-24-2005, 12:54 PM
I most likely will goto RRE for the tc but I am moving soon so things have to wait for now.

Coolguy949
03-24-2005, 01:00 PM

I agree with this. I FINALLY got my TC fixed. It made a whining noise when you accelerate and decelerate. I went to the trouble of putting it back to stock (some bolt on's) and took it in on abtin’s suggestion. Russ at Glendale Mitsu just said they ordered the TC and it was fixed within a week and they gave me a rental to drive while they had my car. Very cool dealership.

Was it just a random occurrence? Or are you one of those guys that had mitsubishi mechanics put GL-4 in your diffs too? It seems to me that a lot of people are having TC problems, it's downright scary because we're all at the mercy of these reps who are the gatekeep to whether we get warranty work or not depending on how they like us. :(

leaveit2bevo
03-24-2005, 01:33 PM

this sounds like mine, my diff is pretty much heavily fucked up and it gets worse by the day. they didn't want to fix my diff cuz it had redline in it so.... looks like i have to get a quaife.

well thats bullshit the redline is as good as the factory stuff, I read its illegal to void your warranty for putting in fluid other than stock as long as its as good as the factory fluid.

augi1
03-24-2005, 02:19 PM

Was it just a random occurrence? Or are you one of those guys that had mitsubishi mechanics put GL-4 in your diffs too? It seems to me that a lot of people are having TC problems, it's downright scary because we're all at the mercy of these reps who are the gatekeep to whether we get warranty work or not depending on how they like us. :(

I don't know. I did get the all fluids changed at HB mitsu and then I heard the whining a few thousand miles later??? is it possable, maybe. Do you think I should go and get redline put in??

Coolguy949
03-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Just so I dont have problems with warranty, I put in Mitsubishi DiaQueen LSD Oil (what they use stock on the diffs). Its about $59 for a jug of 4 liters.

Enyth
04-30-2006, 10:11 PM
so just go to the service dept and ask for paul? Usually someone comes out of the office as im pulling up. I know ross is a pretty cool guy. Never asked if i ever had any mods done. But then again, I've never had any major service there, just the free oil changes and maintenance.

kimletrim
04-30-2006, 10:28 PM
so just go to the service dept and ask for paul? Usually someone comes out of the office as im pulling up. I know ross is a pretty cool guy. Never asked if i ever had any mods done. But then again, I've never had any major service there, just the free oil changes and maintenance.

Do not go to Ross...go directly to Paul.

DTunedEvoX
04-30-2006, 10:37 PM

You do realize this thread is a year old Ryan? lol

Enyth
05-01-2006, 02:15 AM

now i do :2funny: ive been a complete :idiot2: these days..i need a break from work :D

WavMixer
05-02-2006, 12:13 PM

Not anymore. It has been revived from the dead!

DTunedEvoX
05-02-2006, 12:37 PM

now i do :2funny: ive been a complete :idiot2: these days..i need a break from work :D

Could of asked one of us first!

and LoL @ Grant !

BUDLoNG
05-03-2006, 09:34 AM
i have to give props to paul as well..

made me feel very good about bringing my car to Glendale mitsu. I have never had that feeling when at miller..[avoid miller]
bump for Paul @ glendale mitsu

One Evo Pinay
12-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Okay I'ma have to revive this thread...

I called Glendale on Tuesday to schedule my 35k free oil change for today at 10:30. I got there around 10ish, I stayed in my car behind an Eclipse that was getting taken care of. After a couple minutes another Eclipse comes up behind me as well as another Evo. Some guy comes up to my window and just signals a hand gesture pointing to the car in front of me. I interpretted that as are you waiting for service too so I nod yes. Next thing I know he's telling the Eclipse behind me to pull up and starts getting his info. I get out my car and ask why I didn't go first. He says, I asked you if you were waiting for the Eclipse in front of you. I said no we misunderstood each other then. He says well can you come back another time we can't work on your car right now. I tell him about my appointment and he said there's no appointments for today it's first come first serve. Basically I felt like he was being really rude to me -- but in the end he still took in my car for service. Turns out this guy was the infamous Paul I've heard about.

Despite the ugly first impressions I got this morning (this is my first time going to Glendale, I used to go to Santa Monica but that one closed down), I am more than satisfied with my experience there. I was out of there by 11:30, thanks to Paul's accomodations. :)

Ctseng
03-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Elvis sold me my evo. =P

BUDLoNG
03-28-2007, 04:41 PM
are they still mod friendly? i havent been back in over a year..
BUDLoNG

AaronBabaron
08-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Revival 3.... I would like to know if they're still mod-friendly as well. That includes reflashes

Mike W
08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Glendale has totally outted modded cars to MMSA in the past for no reason. I have also heard of people getting stuff done that was quite reasonable lately. With any dealership service department it depends on the service manager at the time and how you present yourself and your car. If the mods have nothing to do with your warranty issue then they should keep their nose out of your business.

Mike W

jamesinger
08-02-2012, 01:11 PM
I live about 5 miles from Glendale Mitsubishi but I just hop on the freeway and go to RRE or SCM every time anyways. The couple times I went there, the parts guy sold me wrong stuff and the service guy argued that my EVO was an MR because of the roof warts. Also, I had a long drawn out hassle with them over my wife's Montero that left a bad taste in my mouth after it took them over a month to figure out what was wrong with her SUV. It ended up being something simple but they kept "fixing" her Montero, giving it back and then within a week it would be back in there. It did not instill confidence in me.

I have also gone to Puente Hills. My write up on them is harsh in here. If you must go to a dealer SCM or HB Mitsubishi are the best places to go IMO. If you want a shop, there is no shop I have ever been to over the last 20 years of modding cars that beats RRE.

Sometimes it is worth it to go out of your way...

RCA4697
08-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Paul is the man at Glendale Mitsu... has always taken care of my cars.