PDA

View Full Version : anyone here using the AAR cf hood used by the SPARCO EVO

jbigelow
03-10-2005, 03:04 PM
was just wondering who was using this hood and what do you think of it.

-jbigs

gofaster87
03-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Youre not going to find anything better. You dont really need it unless you are going to do some serious work to your car, then again it isnt needed in those cases as well. For $1800 your only getting a really small weight reduction, 6-8 lbs I believe.

alex_alex
03-10-2005, 03:23 PM
yeah, and have you taken a look at the Sparco Evo lately? the hood and trunk are both deteriorating pretty badly

gofaster87
03-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Really? I havnet seen it in a while.

alex_alex
03-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Really? I havnet seen it in a while.

yeah, i mean, it doesn't look THAT bad considering the dry carbon didn't really look that sharp to begin with, but it looks like outlines of bird poopies all over the place

trinydex
03-12-2005, 03:47 AM
there are better offerings... but for a humungous increase in price. cwest and gialla make like... very thin hoods cwest also a trunk (you have to ask for the right one with cwest) and they go for about 2000 for just one piece.

they're maybe a pound lighter than the aar offerings and are much flimsier and of course the hoods have different designing.

i believe that the heat evacuating offered by varis and gialla are pretty nice, people should consider that kinda stuff when buying a hood.

like you guys ever seen those cars that are just nuts out raced. they got all the ducting for everything... and the air is directed through the front bumper and out the hood.