PDA

View Full Version : WTF?! Guy in STI shot

rubelcon
03-15-2005, 12:29 AM
Just seen on the news some guy in an 05 STI was shot and killed in Tustin on the 5fwy, close to newport exit I believe..

itsmeeeugene
03-15-2005, 12:30 AM
:shock: some evo owner got mad....

sidewaysevo
03-15-2005, 12:37 AM
holy crap. that is serious business. thats y u have to be carefull who u mess with on the freeway. There are some crazy people out there.

Richard EVO
03-15-2005, 12:38 AM
All kidding aside, did it have anything to do with the fact that he was driving an STi, or was it just one of the many random car-to-car shootings that punctuate our modern metropolis? :cry:

gofaster87
03-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Well its happened to a member on this board so its possible the guy that lost to the STI was pissed.

EvoPwr
03-15-2005, 12:40 AM
All kidding aside, did it have anything to do with the fact that he was driving an STi, or was it just one of the many random car-to-car shootings that punctuate our modern metropolis? :cry:

probably random shit, or the sti was driving like an ass, we all know that a lot of them do...he cut off, or tailgated the wrong person.

SolarXclipse
03-15-2005, 12:58 AM
damn. thats some scary shit. i wonder how the guy got shot. please post updates on what happened.

Boosted
03-15-2005, 01:18 AM
do you have any more details?

nurb2
03-15-2005, 01:33 AM
It was at the 55 and the 22.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=733030

Freeway slaying leads sought
A 26-year-old Fontana man was found to have a bullet in his head after he crashed on the 55 Saturday.

By JENNIFER MUIR
The Orange County Register

Police asked for the public's help Sunday in solving a freeway shooting that claimed a Fontana man's life over the weekend.

Jake Tuason, 26, died just after midnight Sunday – almost 12 hours after authorities found him in cardiac arrest in his smashed Subaru on the Costa Mesa (55) Freeway. Police thought it was a simple car accident until Western Medical Center staff in Santa Ana found a bullet in Tuason's head.

"It's a really unusual case," said Lt. Stephen Lewis, who said officials don't know how or why the shooting occurred. "We don't have much at all."

Tuason was in Orange County on Saturday afternoon delivering camera parts – part of his job as an electronics engineer for a Pasadena company that manufactures cameras for NASA, his mother said.

At about 1:10 p.m., Tuason crashed his 2005 Subaru WRX into a wall on the connector between the northbound 55 and eastbound Garden Grove (22) freeways.

The car windows were open, and after preliminary investigation, police found no bullet holes piercing any windows or the body of the car, Tustin Police detective Shawn Porter said.

"That's why they thought it was just a trafficcollision at first," Porter said.

After the bullet was found in Tuason's head, police began the criminal investigation, shutting down the 55 freeway in both directions to search for evidence. All they know so far is that the bullet appears to have hit Tuason's head at a level position, which would rule out the possibility of a gunman standing on an overpass and shooting down, Lewis said.

An autopsy was performed Sunday afternoon. It's unclear when results will be made public.

Tuason's mother said goodbye to her son at the hospital. She said he has been paying most of the family's bills for about three years – since his father retired as a Los Angeles bus driver and she started nursing school. He liked to "soup up" Subarus with his friends and regularly called his 10 siblings to make sure they were staying out of trouble, Marilyn Tuason said.

"He's a very honest and intelligent and hard-working guy," Marilyn Tuason said. "That's one thing that hurt me so much. How can people do that to him?"

Saturday's shooting isn't the first time a driver in Orange County has been shot in a car.

A back-seat passenger was shot in the head in August 1998 while traveling north along the 22 freeway at Magnolia Avenue.

Earlier that year, another woman was shot in the head while driving on the northbound San Diego (I-405) Freeway at the Seventh Street off-ramp. That same night, another woman was shot in the back while driving on the San Gabriel River (I-605) Freeway, near the eastbound Riverside (91) Freeway.
Police are asking anyone with information about Saturday's shooting to call (714) 573-3248.

EvoPwr
03-15-2005, 01:42 AM
people are foking retarded

DTunedEvoX
03-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Dang .. that is hardcoorreee .. :shock:

Macky
03-15-2005, 10:08 AM
:shock:

Blaze
03-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Kind of makes you want to pull off your wing and make the evo a bit more low prifile....

Frankly I'm surprised that the cops have pinned this on "alleged street racing."

This really sucks. I'm sorry for his family's loss.

santhology
03-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Kind of makes you want to pull off your wing and make the evo a bit more low prifile....

Frankly I'm surprised that the cops have pinned this on "alleged street racing."

This really sucks. I'm sorry for his family's loss.

Seriously .. it does make me consider it.. :shock:

*chris*
03-15-2005, 10:30 AM
anyone know the weight of bulletproof windows? :shock:

thats just insane ...talk about roadrage. :?

GokuSSJ4
03-15-2005, 11:14 AM
:shock: *speechless*

rammsteinmatt
03-15-2005, 01:23 PM
glass has about the same density as metal, but glass is thicker, so the window in you car weighs more than a piece of body panel metal that replaced it. transparent bulletproof material (not glass, like a polycarbonate substance) to resist small arms fire is between 70-75 mm thick. a car window is ~5mm thick

in short, bullet proff glass is way too heavy. it would make more sense to allow motorists to carry guns for defense (someone would be less inclined to shoot you, or steal your car for that matter, if they knew that the driver may be packing)

gofaster87
03-15-2005, 02:01 PM
If we let some of the people on this board carry guns the world would be in trouble.

EvoPwr
03-15-2005, 02:58 PM
If we let some of the people on this board carry guns the world would be in trouble.

:werd:

kaisho99
03-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Another update on NASIOC....get the word out maybe someone saw something....absolutely heart sickening. :cry:

Another update from the OCRegister:

Dead motorist possibly shot from car-pool lane
Police find no evidence of road rage or racing in fatality on Costa Mesa Freeway.

By JOHN McDONALD The Orange County Register

TUSTIN – Investigators theorized Monday that Jake Tuason was shot from a car in the car-pool lane of the northbound Costa Mesa (55) Freeway moments before his own car smashed into a wall.

"A witness told us he was in the lane adjacent to the car-pool lane, but our witness had no idea that a shot was fired," said Tustin police Sgt. Mark Hein. He said there is no evidence of racing or other unusual highway activity that might have provoked "road rage."

Tuason, 26, of Fontana, was in Orange County making a pickup for his employer on Saturday, Hein said. His car hit a wall on the connector from the northbound 55 to the westbound Garden Grove (22) Freeway at about 1:10 p.m.

"He had lunch and then got on the road to meet his brother,'' Hein said. "He never arrived.''

Tuason's silver 2005 Subaru WRX is one of the fastest factory-made cars on the market, but there was no evidence it was involved in racing on the day of the shooting.

"The witness told us he seemed to be going along at the same speed as the rest of the traffic," Hein said.

Hein said investigators have not closed off any possibility in the shooting, including the remote chance that he was hit by a shot fired from a car going in the opposite direction. Such a shot would be beyond the ability of most marksmen, Hein said.

He added that the wound from a .22-caliber gun was on the left side of Tuason's head. The wound was considered too serious for Tuason to have driven far without losing consciousness. The angle of the shot was such that it is believed to have come from another car rather than the side of the road or an overpass.

The freeway overpasses and the freeway itself were scoured for possible evidence but nothing was found.

Tuason's car is at the Orange County Sheriff's Department crime lab and results of the examination conducted there will be known today.

Hein said there is no information linking Tuason to any gang activity or criminal history of any kind.

He asked anybody who has any information about the shooting or unusual activity on the freeway near the time of the shooting to call police at (714) 573-3248.

MYFIRSTEVO
03-15-2005, 04:40 PM
makes me want to drive a beat up car! man that sucks... hope his family is doing better. I know excatly how it feel to loose a loved one. R.I.P

Timujin
03-15-2005, 07:59 PM
I saw the kids dad on the news lastnight talking about his son. I got real sad because I have a child and it just hits home :(

Who knows what happened, but it sucks and they need to catch the crazy bastard. It makes no sense.

Miss Evo8
03-15-2005, 08:26 PM
:shock: :? WTF !! SCUMBAG!!!!!