PDA

View Full Version : Red Line in T.C. and rear diff.?

turbolarry
03-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Does Red Line Shockproof, or Red Line 75w-90, go in the transfer case and rear diff.?

jondukes
03-16-2005, 02:19 PM
shockproof in t-case,and the 75-w90 in the rear diff

turbolarry
03-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Thanks homie.
Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.
:D

Pops
03-17-2005, 04:18 PM

I beg to differ. Diaqueen hypoid gearoil in the rear dif and t-case. I know guys that race the shock proof but not for long term daily driving.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?p=1735183#post1735183

Post 16

look for other posts by "Gears" too. That's John Ripple of team rip engineering.

jondukes
03-17-2005, 05:43 PM
well i kind of agree but the diaqueen was not any of the options he provided, if its redline thats going to be used -thats where it goes
i personally use :
BG syncroshift in the front diff + transmission
Diaqueen in the t-case and center diff
Redline 75w90 in the rear diff
all changed every other oil change

Pops
03-17-2005, 06:19 PM
well i kind of agree but the diaqueen was not any of the options he provided, if its redline thats going to be used -thats where it goes
i personally use :
BG syncroshift in the front diff + transmission
Diaqueen in the t-case and center diff
Redline 75w90 in the rear diff
all changed every other oil change

Cool.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the front dif in the transfer case?

John insists the transmission get a GL 4 oil in the transmission (BG syncroshift 1 is what I use there too) and Diaqueen or hypoid gear oil - GL 5 in the Transfer case and rear dif (as called for by in the owners manual too).

jondukes
03-17-2005, 07:00 PM
your right about that
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just to keep you thoroghly confused, your FRONT DIFFERENTIAL is inside the transfer case but is lubricated by the transmission oil. The CENTER DIFFERENTIAL is inside the transmission and also is lubricated by the transmission oil. Only the ring and pinion of the transfer case get lubbed by what ever oil you have inside your transfer case. The VISCOUS COUPLER happens to also live inside the transfer case but it has it's own special silicon based goo sealed inside.

Mike W
my confusion never ends,so to sum that up correctly i use:
bg in transmission=center diff
diaqueen in transfercase=front diff
redline 75w90 in the rear diff

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-17-2005, 09:28 PM
i use redline shockproof in the tc, redline 75w90 in rear diff and bg in the tranny and its smooth as butter, no complaints

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-19-2005, 04:36 AM
hey guys, i was told that what im doing is wrong. ppl are telling me to put redline shockproof in the transfer case and the rear diff as well. is this true??? cuz i put what i said in the post before this one. hmmm...

R.E.D
03-19-2005, 11:39 AM
i use redline shockproof in the tc, redline 75w90 in rear diff and bg in the tranny and its smooth as butter, no complaints

This is what rre told me to use. They said not to use the shockproof in the rear because of the type of lsd we have. :wink: