PDA

View Full Version : Someone tried to steal my antenna but got owned

TheBoss
03-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Someone tried to rip off my short antenna (put on thread locker), and instead of giving up after failing at unscrewing it they broke the base trying to get it. lol..The thread locker owned the cheap@ss and the evo!

Now I have a broken base and the antenna is completely loose and hanging. Does anyone know how hard the base is to replace, or is it a dealer fix?

Thread locker -1
Antenna Jacker -0
Evo - 0

Skiracer
03-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Hmm..wow, didn't know people would steal the shorty antenna. I think i'll avoid using threadlocker for my ride since i'd rather have it stolen, than broken off. As for your question, i'm not sure if the fix is a DIY or dealer job.

kimletrim
03-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Hmm..wow, didn't know people would steal the shorty antenna. I think i'll avoid using threadlocker for my ride since i'd rather have it stolen, than broken off. As for your question, i'm not sure if the fix is a DIY or dealer job.

Exactly, now you have a more expensive proposition because of the broken base.

EVOate909
03-20-2005, 02:17 PM
freakin lowlives... :evil:

rammsteinmatt
03-20-2005, 02:21 PM
the title referred to an owning, i was hoping you said that you came out with a baseball bat while they were in the process of taking it. that would have been better, and possibly justified the replacement of the base

NRG
03-20-2005, 02:31 PM
I've had my antenna stolen like 2 times....First time they stole the stocker and then I replaced it with a Perrin shorty, a month after that, they stole that too.....The funny thing is, I have a gut feeling the person who stole it also drives an EVO. I know the antenna fits many other cars too like the S2000 and the Civic Si.. But just a hunch.....Now I drive around without any antenna, I kinda like it like that now....

EvoPwr
03-20-2005, 02:40 PM
I've had my antenna stolen like 2 times....First time they stole the stocker and then I replaced it with a Perrin shorty, a month after that, they stole that too.....The funny thing is, I have a gut feeling the person who stole it also drives an EVO. I know the antenna fits many other cars too like the S2000 and the Civic Si.. But just a hunch.....Now I drive around without any antenna, I kinda like it like that now....

nice the no antenna look :D i might try that :wink:

nurb2
03-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Agreed. I'd rather have them take the antenna without breaking the whole thing. It's like $20 at any Honda dealer.

-nurb2-

santhology
03-20-2005, 03:54 PM
the title referred to an owning, i was hoping you said that you came out with a baseball bat while they were in the process of taking it. that would have been better, and possibly justified the replacement of the base

Heck yeah .. i wish i could catch those LOWLIFE Bastards and come out with a freaken Bat and beat the Living Shit out of them...

Ahhh .. i feel better.. i hate those people....

tasco
03-20-2005, 04:19 PM

Heck yeah .. i wish i could catch those LOWLIFE Bastards and come out with a freaken Bat and beat the Living Shit out of them...

Ahhh .. i feel better.. i hate those people....

I like that idea.

Deca Auto
03-20-2005, 05:55 PM
I dipped my honda element antenna with dog shit so if they touch it they will smell like poo poo... :roll:

rammsteinmatt
03-20-2005, 05:56 PM
I dipped my honda element antenna with dog shit so if they touch it they will smell like poo poo... :roll:

you're joking right :roll:

BOVBILLY
03-20-2005, 06:00 PM
damn, it would of probably been cheaper, not to thread lock it!

just to replace the antenna!

Macky
03-20-2005, 06:02 PM
mine has a ground so that if they yank it off they will get teh shock of their life

BOVBILLY
03-20-2005, 06:04 PM
mine has a ground so that if they yank it off they will get teh shock of their life

bullshit! since i stole it off your car this morning.

go look at your MR!

Macky
03-20-2005, 06:06 PM
i think you stole someone else's. mine's in tijuana getting an engine swap done :lol:

BOVBILLY
03-20-2005, 06:06 PM
i think you stole someone else's. mine's in tijuana getting an engine swap done :lol:

sr20 swap?

nice :!:

Macky
03-20-2005, 06:15 PM
B18C baby 8) :lol:

QuickShifter
03-20-2005, 06:43 PM
what an asshole.......I made a real tight squeeze yesterday cuz some moron didnt know how to make a right turn.....my mirror hit the trash can in the street and smashed.....i went to mitsu.....and they replaced my mirror for 36 dollars.

Some assholes would rather steal. He'll get his karma

Boosted
03-20-2005, 06:44 PM
so them braking off the base of your antenna is better than ahve to buy a new antenna?....right....

Macky
03-20-2005, 06:46 PM

/\ agreed 100%

BOVBILLY
03-20-2005, 06:50 PM
what an asshole.......I made a real tight squeeze yesterday cuz some moron didnt know how to make a right turn.....my mirror hit the trash can in the street and smashed.....i went to mitsu.....and they replaced my mirror for 36 dollars.

i don't get it?

Skiracer
03-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Heh, when i lived in NJ, i knew a few people who put razor blades on the back of their PIAA foglights. I know one guy who said he saw blood at the bottom of his car one time and it was not his blood :P

ScoobySteve
03-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Just find the person who stole it, cut them, rub kimchi in their eyes then set them on fire.

I can say the kimchi part, cause I'm korean. =P

ultraflip
03-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Heh, when i lived in NJ, i knew a few people who put razor blades on the back of their PIAA foglights. I know one guy who said he saw blood at the bottom of his car one time and it was not his blood :P

geez!!! pixers? i wann do that mod!! ahha

evolved
03-20-2005, 10:56 PM
we were putting razors on the back of piaa's back in 95. I personally saw blood on the bumper of my roomates car. Sweet.

BTW, Not sure but Threadlock could lower the signal strength.

I see what you mean about owning the guy who was trying to steal the antenna, but I would rather them just take it than having a broken mount.
Its like feeling good that someone had to break your window to get to your CD's, cause they couldnt get in a locked car.

j_nizzle
03-20-2005, 11:26 PM

im gonna put a razor blade on my antenna now!!! thanks man...

kimletrim
03-21-2005, 01:12 AM
That's the thing. If someone simply jacked your shorty antenna, you could simply jack some other one from a Honda. Now that the base is also messed up, it's just not the same trying to jack the base from someone else's Evo!

LEVIII
03-21-2005, 02:40 AM
I would say they got owned because they didnt get the antenna. yeah it sucks its gonna cost you more than just a new antenna but if you would just rather have them take it do like some else said and leave your doors unlocked or even open so they dont have to break anything to get in.