PDA

View Full Version : help.... rotor wear

jeansandjacks
03-20-2005, 10:13 PM
so i have 9500 miles on my 2004 evo and the brakes are squealing like crazy so i took it in early for the 10k service and see what the deal is. they said i needed new pads and rotors resurfaced so i said go for it. the service guy calls and says my rotors were eaten soo bad that they had to turn them 7 times and now they are so thin that by the time i am half way done with the new pads the rotors will be warped. this is all on the stock pads and they said there was still 15% life left on them. now i dont drive the car that hard, i did 1 track day and took it easy just to get the feel of the car and i cant believe they are going that fast. has anyone else gone through rotors that fast?? do you guys have any idea what might be causing this? thanks in advance.

ultraflip
03-20-2005, 10:39 PM
did you bring in your evo for service yesturday? i think i saw yours

jeansandjacks
03-20-2005, 10:49 PM
yea... there were a lot of evos there...

ultraflip
03-20-2005, 10:54 PM
heh.. yupperz...

i was talking to one of the guys that were working on your car... from what he said... your brakes heated up super bad... and the driver continued to brake harder than normal... accelerating the wear on the rotors as well as the pads...

i kinda don't believe it... considering it took me 20k miles including a few track days and aggressive street driving to warp my rotors and use up my pads... even still... after turning them... the rotors still had quite a bit of meat on them

Skiracer
03-20-2005, 11:03 PM
i kinda don't believe it... considering it took me 20k miles including a few track days and aggressive street driving to warp my rotors and use up my pads... even still... after turning them... the rotors still had quite a bit of meat on them

Maybe you weren't driving hard enough?? 8)

jeansandjacks
03-20-2005, 11:07 PM
the service guy said to call back and talk to doug the service manager and if i can prove there really is something wrong i can get a free new set of rotors... hopefully things will work out