PDA

View Full Version : CLUTCH QUESTION!!

high_r0ller
03-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Alright, my mom got a new clutch on her GS-T and she was bitching that it wouldn't go into gear, and the guy told her the reason why she was going through a clutch a year is cause she pushes the clutch all the way to the floor when shifting. He said if you puch it til it engages it will last way longer. So my question how do you shift?? Do you push it to the floor or til it engages??? The mitsubishi manual for GS-T and EVO says push it to the floor when shifting, but a lot of people told me to push it til it engages. Please help!

Knower
03-21-2005, 04:27 AM
Alright, my mom got a new clutch on her GS-T and she was bitching that it wouldn't go into gear, and the guy told her the reason why she was going through a clutch a year is cause she pushes the clutch all the way to the floor when shifting. He said if you puch it til it engages it will last way longer. So my question how do you shift?? Do you push it to the floor or til it engages??? The mitsubishi manual for GS-T and EVO says push it to the floor when shifting, but a lot of people told me to push it til it engages. Please help!

Uh, no. If your clutch system is adjusted properly you should absolutely be pushing the clutch to the floor when shifting. If your clutch had no freeplay it could be not fully engaged when the clutch pedal is out and that could be the cause of the premature wear on the clutch disk.