PDA

View Full Version : EVO MR DEAL!!! HELP!!

genrec
03-21-2005, 09:43 AM
So hi all, yes i want to come over to the darkside from STi i just got rid of.
haha.....Anyhow this weekend at a local dealer i could have got an MR out the door tax and license included for 34,000, i believe this to be great deal?? But i'm scared due to the fact of the 9 coming. All the salesmen at three different dealers tell me it's not coming till next year or late next year, and no time this year, and i didn't want to wait that long so i would get the MR 8 now. But why would they sell it so cheap when it seems like people are paying 1000's more, is it because they need to move there stock to get ready for the 9's, i can't tell if i should wait.....

Help People!!!

Macky
03-21-2005, 09:45 AM
wait for the 9, its due this fall. thing is, be prepared to swallow some markup if so, because nearly all new cars have them.

good luck!

genrec
03-21-2005, 09:48 AM
wait for the 9, its due this fall. thing is, be prepared to swallow some markup if so, because nearly all new cars have them.

good luck!

So how can you be sure it's coming this fall, when 3 dealers say it not coming.......yah yah i know their all lying pieces of crap, but do you have hard(inside) evidence to support it's coming in fall???

Macky
03-21-2005, 09:50 AM
it might make an appearance on the upcoming mitsu meet this april, and by all sources (other than the ones you got info from) say its due later this year as an 06 model.

btw w/c dealers did you go to? it could be that they're just trying to sell you an 8.

genrec
03-21-2005, 09:59 AM
The 3 dealers are South Coast, Huntington Beach, and Anaheim.....i guess i'll wait it does look good with those new bumpers, so you think it will be at the headquarters meet in Cypress in April??

Macky
03-21-2005, 10:00 AM
that would be my guess, but the 9 is definitely headed this way late this year.

EvoPwr
03-21-2005, 04:21 PM
So hi all, yes i want to come over to the darkside from STi i just got rid of.
haha.....Anyhow this weekend at a local dealer i could have got an MR out the door tax and license included for 34,000, i believe this to be great deal?? But i'm scared due to the fact of the 9 coming. All the salesmen at three different dealers tell me it's not coming till next year or late next year, and no time this year, and i didn't want to wait that long so i would get the MR 8 now. But why would they sell it so cheap when it seems like people are paying 1000's more, is it because they need to move there stock to get ready for the 9's, i can't tell if i should wait.....

Help People!!!

that is dam cheap! how many miles on it? does it come with seats, tires and everything. Dam you need to jump on that.

socalcarlover23
04-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Why did you get rid of the STI.........do you mind if i ask...?
what was the problem with it.....was it a 2004 by any chance?

EVO Neil
04-01-2005, 11:20 PM
May issue of Motor Trend has Evo IX report. It comes this fall, most likely mid to late September or early October. The dealer network, unfortunately, is the last to know correct information, so it's not a surprise that you are geting wrong information. The owner of a local Mitsu dealer was given incorrect information from one of his contacts about the Evo IX and in believing it was correct he passed it along on this board, that's how it happens.

wilson1
04-02-2005, 12:23 AM
..Anyhow this weekend at a local dealer i could have got an MR out the door tax and license included for 34,000, i believe this to be great deal??

Wow, that's a pretty good deal! :shock:

j_nizzle
04-02-2005, 12:26 AM
this is a great deal so i think you should get the 8 mr; some of the guys here paid that much for their 8 gsr's...

NipponHamFighters
04-02-2005, 03:26 AM
I saw a black Evo IX with lovely Mitsubishi Michigan Plates driving on Beach BLVD near Knotts Berry Farm Last night.

j_nizzle
04-02-2005, 05:53 PM
i think we'll see him at mod day!